• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Guinness Pro 12 2014/15: Final (Glasgow Warriors vs Munster)

iINDOMINUSxx

First XV
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Scotland
Club or Nation
Edinburgh
guinness-pro12.png

Final Fixture
Glasgow.png
Versus%20Super.png
Munster.png

Saturday, 30 May 2015, 18:30 GMT (UTC+0)
Kingspan Stadium, Belfast, Northern Ireland
Referee: Nigel Owens (WRU)
TV: Sky Sports/TG4/BBC Scotland

Teams:
[TABLE="width: 500, align: center"]
<tbody>[TR]
[TD]Glasgow[/TD]
[TD]vs[/TD]
[TD]Munster[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Stuart Hogg[/TD]
[TD]15[/TD]
[TD]Felix Jones[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Tommy Seymour[/TD]
[TD]14[/TD]
[TD]Keith Earls[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Richie Vernon[/TD]
[TD]13[/TD]
[TD]Andrew Smith[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Peter Horne[/TD]
[TD]12[/TD]
[TD]Denis Hurley (C)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]DTH van der Merwe[/TD]
[TD]11[/TD]
[TD]Simon Zebo[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Finn Russell[/TD]
[TD]10[/TD]
[TD]Ian Keatley[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Henry Pyrgos[/TD]
[TD]9[/TD]
[TD]Duncan Williams[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Josh Strauss (C)[/TD]
[TD]8[/TD]
[TD]CJ Stander[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Ryan Wilson[/TD]
[TD]7[/TD]
[TD]Paddy Butler[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Rob Harley[/TD]
[TD]6[/TD]
[TD]Donnacha Ryan[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Jonny Gray[/TD]
[TD]5[/TD]
[TD]Paul O'Connell[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Leone Nakarawa[/TD]
[TD]4[/TD]
[TD]Billy Holland[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Rossouw de Klerk[/TD]
[TD]3[/TD]
[TD]BJ Botha[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Dougie Hall[/TD]
[TD]2[/TD]
[TD]Eusebio Guinazu[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Gordon Reid[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD]Dave Kilcoyne[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]Subs[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Fraser Brown[/TD]
[TD]16[/TD]
[TD]Duncan Casey[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Jerry Yanuyanutawa[/TD]
[TD]17[/TD]
[TD]James Cronin[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Jon Welsh[/TD]
[TD]18[/TD]
[TD]Stephen Archer[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Al Kellock[/TD]
[TD]19[/TD]
[TD]Sean Dougall[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Chris Fusaro[/TD]
[TD]20[/TD]
[TD]Jack O'Donoghue[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Niko Matawalu[/TD]
[TD]21[/TD]
[TD]Cathal Sheridan[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Duncan Weir[/TD]
[TD]22[/TD]
[TD]JJ Hanrahan[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Sean Lamont[/TD]
[TD]23[/TD]
[TD]Ronan O'Mahony[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Last edited:
Hard to call. Munster arguably have the more quality big game players, but I think they have a couple of injuries from the Ospreys game? I think Glasgow have the better defense though, but are maybe missing the fire power in the backs.

I'll go for 23 - 18 Glasgow the winner for a super tight match. I might change my mind when I see the squads though.

Nope we had good night for Paulie last Sat and well ain't experienced. We are Ireland 3rd team and just not up to it. We will hopefully stay within 10

It won't be easy, but I see Glasgow winning this one. That being said, we need to start out stronger than against Ulster, coming back in the second half will be MUCH more difficult against Munster. Also, Matawalu needs try his hand at soccer if he dives again...

It won't be easy, but I see Glasgow winning this one. That being said, we need to start out stronger than against Ulster, coming back in the second half will be MUCH more difficult against Munster. Also, Matawalu needs try his hand at soccer if he dives again...
Matawalu is good but im actually glad that he's leaving Glasgow because off the stupid things he does which cost us the match.

no chance, as much as i want Glasgow to win, this can still can go either way and will be close.
Nope ye have too much all over the park for us. I'm only going to Belfast for the sights.

Amiga the media have never once been banned from Munster so don't know if it's joke or not but well they're here all week. Sky have wrapped up their bits so we are all set.

I don't take too seriously Munster fans talking their team down in the run up to this final. They maybe aren't the team they were a couple of seasons ago but they are still a very very strong unit and have some serious experience in their ranks. I think it's wrong to suggest that this final will be anything other than a pretty tight and tense affair.

Nope ye have too much all over the park for us. I'm only going to Belfast for the sights.

Yep.

Def meeja ban on the way.

Everyone is writing us off. They're all saying we're crap. Themmuns is favourites. They're all saying we've no chance and are just making up the numbers.

'Tis like the Dublin meeja saying Dublin is gonna win Sam every year... they always say Munster are gonna win nuthin.

#NoMindGamesHere

Yep.

Def meeja ban on the way.

Everyone is writing us off. They're all saying we're crap. Themmuns is favourites. They're all saying we've no chance and are just making up the numbers.

'Tis like the Dublin meeja saying Dublin is gonna win Sam every year... they always say Munster are gonna win nuthin.

#NoMindGamesHere

Again not sure if there joke up in North or whatever I missed it

Nobody has wrote Munster off I'm only having laugh here. I think every member of media has said it'll be tight as both teams are the form teams and we'll both have right to say they favourites or underdogs.

However Murray is a huge loss for us. Zebo will be fit as will POM.

Again not sure if there joke up in North or whatever I missed it 

Nobody has wrote Munster off I'm only having laugh here. I think every member of media has said it'll be tight as both teams are the form teams and we'll both have right to say they favourites or underdogs.

However Murray is a huge loss for us. Zebo will be fit as will POM.
Murray will be a big loss. you could really do with him. Still will be a tight game though.

Murray will be a big loss. you could really do with him. Still will be a tight game though.
He'll be a loss as he's a huge part of our gameplan. But in fairness Duncan has performed well most of the time and I thought he was 1 of our best players in the semi final. I think this will be a battle of the packs.

Both sets off teams for tomorrow's game

Glasgow Warriors: Stuart Hogg, Tommy Seymour, Richie Vernon, Peter Horne, DTH van der Merwe, Finn Russell, Henry Pyrgos, Gordon Reid, Dougie Hall, Rossouw de Klerk, Leone Nakarawa, Jonny Gray, Rob Harley, Ryan Wilson, Josh Strauss (captain).
Replacements: Fraser Brown, Jerry Yanuyanutawa, Jon Welsh, Al Kellock, Chris Fusaro, Niko Matawalu, Duncan Weir, Sean Lamont.

Munster: Felix Jones; Keith Earls, Andrew Smith, Denis Hurley (captain), Simon Zebo; Ian Keatley, Duncan Williams; Dave Kilcoyne, Eusebio Guinazu, BJ Botha; Billy Holland, Paul O'Connell; Donnacha Ryan, Paddy Butler, CJ Stander.
Replacements: Duncan Casey, James Cronin, Stephen Archer, Sean Dougall, Jack O'Donoghue, Cathal Sheridan, JJ Hanrahan, Ronan O'Mahony.

- - - Updated - - -

And also for anyone who was confused with my list off available places to watch this game on TV i would out you can also watch it on TG4 and bbc scctland

Don't follow the Pro12 but just popping in here to wish Glasgow luck!

We're kindred spirits today, us going for our first win in 19 years, you going for your first ever; both got here playing open, running rugby; both playing against teams with a better recent record of winning trophies but who play dull rugby.

Come on Glasgow, let's hope the only Munster boy celebrating this evening is Peter Stringer!

Glasgow have struggled a bit of late up front and elements of their game such as line-outs and ball handling have suffered. Things will need to tighten up considerably for today's game. Good to see Harley back in the team though. There are arguments about how much he offers in attack but defensively he's sound and has a good habbit of messing other teams around. Also happy to see Niko on the bench. He's a hugely talented player but I feel sometimes, such as a game like today, he's best as an impact player.