• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

URC 2022/2023 Final

Tough one to take. Just felt like we were completely nullified in the first half and could not get any running rugby flowing, nor any dominance in scrums or the breakdown.

Munster did well and fully deserving of the win. Congrats to the team and hope they enjoy the win. In all honesty if we were going to lose I'm glad it's to them. Hottest form running into the playoffs and were the ones that took our undefeated at home ***le away from us. Also makes Cape Town that much more memorable for all those fans that made that expensive trip. Enjoy the silverware, and hopefully we enjoy some exciting close matches again next season.
And congrats Cape Town on being superb hosts to final. Made both teams feel it was huge occasion. Only thing that was poor was pitch which probably hurt Stormers more than us.
We down Waterfront if you fancy pint.

And are these Chicken Nuggets actually made from chicken here. Dodgy but BBQ sauce a saviour.

And this isn't sober but @Tigs. Rowntree now more a Munster man than Welford Rd prick. Another good deed done and soul saved.
I'm going to feel Leinster ish in a sec now and order a vino and taquiri strawberry cocktail.

To be honest, it has been ideal start for the comp. All SA final followed by a Munster story, if there was any doubts about SA fans buy in you can forget about it.

It makes sense to me why we didn't throw everything at it this year but next year we have no excuse regardless of how Europe goes, we need to win it given the talent at our disposal.
It's the Welsh making our nalls spark in this league. Tell them get **** together and we can be some league

If munstermuffin doesn't have 20 double brandy and comes he's doing western province wrong

If munstermuffin doesn't have 20 double brandy and comes he's doing western province wrong
Oh we drinking anything and everything. I've my zulu skirt and all on. A new meaning to a Ehinos Horn is coming so call a bounty hunter

Hope a couple of our lads played their way onto the plane now. Hodnett and Nash/Daly maybe have earned it

Hope a couple of our lads played their way onto the plane now. Hodnett and Nash/Daly maybe have earned it
Crowley is in the driving seat for the 22 jersey and Larmour, Stockdale and Penny shouldn't make the extended squad ahead of those guys. Very hard to see them make a 33 man squad, I'd back Conway coming back and making it to France ahead of today's wings.

If it was Autumn internationals and the chance of a bit more rugby under their belt, you wouldn't bet against it but I don't see them getting there.

Crowley is in the driving seat for the 22 jersey and Larmour, Stockdale and Penny shouldn't make the extended squad ahead of those guys. Very hard to see them make a 33 man squad, I'd back Conway coming back and making it to France ahead of today's wings.

If it was Autumn internationals and the chance of a bit more rugby under their belt, you wouldn't bet against it but I don't see them getting there.
Yeah will see. I think Daly has a shot because he's been in camps so has some credit in the bank.

Crowley I agree, I think he should have that 22 jersey now.

Disappointed but on the whole still proud of our boys and TBF Munster played all the rugby and we did well to stay in it but you got the feeling right throughout that Munster simply wanted it more. Congrats on an amazing turnaround season.

With the pitch what it is it all came down to the packs and kicking Andy Munster had the better of it there.

Munster are mental giants really. To win like that, on the road, against teams red hot at home and in general. I think the real winners here are the Munster traveling fans. This trip is now a memory etched and not a regret. That's so awesome. In any case. Long live the URC. We are happy as hell to be in this comp, and a rivalry between the Irish and SA is slowly building beautifully. Who would thought hey?

Way alot are feeling I wouldn't trust any making any plane lol

Archer to start ahead of Furlong. That is all.

But in seriousness. Can't let just last week and this week define but do think Hodnett, Nash and Frisch are serious options to try. Not saying to start but Frisch is as close to Ringrose as anyone in squad, likewise Hodnett at 7 and Nash a real workhorse.

I think even Leinster fans will admit if you want better mentally strong, more explosive and in my view a better all round 10 then Crowley is miles ahead of Ross. Ross is a better kicker

Also must say well done to Stormers. Very gracious fans and whatever we joke about last week this week was different. Very sporting after a tough battle

Leicester saving Irish clubs
First with Leinster and Jennings and cullen
Now with Munster and Rowntree

Can't wait for Graham to return to us one day!

Jokes aside very happy for him I knew that Wig and Munster would be a match made in heaven

Yeah will see. I think Daly has a shot because he's been in camps so has some credit in the bank.

Crowley I agree, I think he should have that 22 jersey now.

I was hugely impressed with the Munster back three with Haley in particular having a standout game, but I think JOB has the back up to Keenan deservedly sewn up, especially given his versatility. However, I think Daly must be a serious contender for the last back three slot, with Larmour way less than convincing and Stockdale not having a lot of opportunities to shine. Daly was superb yesterday, is big and quick with a big boot, and very strong defensively, as well as having been in camp regularly.

I also wonder if Kleyn has moved himself up the ranking with his form recently. Second row isn't a position of strength for us, with Henderson unconvincing and McCathy, who has huge potential, still finding his way. He didn't look up to it when he was called up at the last RWC but his form has been consistently good in the second half of this season and he was again excellent on Saturday.

For all Coombes superb form I'm not sure he can get past Conan, but I'd like to see Hodnett get a bit of time in camp because we have no real back up to VdF other than Penny, and I'm not fully convinced that he has the quality for international rugby. I'm also not sure how Hodnett's game would transfer to international rugby, but he keeps putting in motm performances for Munster so he has to be worth a look.

Not sure if there should be any further discussion of the back up 10 after Saturday, with Crowley again looking like he has all the goods. Van Graan should be taken out and shot for the way he mishandled Crowley, as well obviously as so many other things he made a horlicks of.

Latest posts