TRF_stormer2010

TRF Legend
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
Stormers
Stormers vs Munster
Cape Town Stadium
17:30 UK / 18:30 SA on Saturday, May 27.

So again the terrible CTS pitch will have to host one last game before it can be replaced.

I'm hoping of course that we can set the record straight after losing at home to Munster.

At least it sounds like we will be at full strength this time round. Now we just have to wait.. It's gonna feel like forever.

Wooo, go Leinster! I'm just assuming they are there because there is no way they were too arrogant in the semis and picked their B-team.

All going well we should have Nash, Murray, Fekitoa and Snyman (although I know he's had two head knocks in short succession so there may be a decision to make there).

I personally would have all 4 players in to start giving us a team of

Loughman, Scannell, Archer, Kleyn, Snyman, Beirne, O'Mahony, Coombes, Murray, Crowley, Daly, Fekitoa, Frisch, Nash, Haley

Wooo, go Leinster! I'm just assuming they are there because there is no way they were too arrogant in the semis and picked their B-team.
Arrogant how? Leinster had consistently beaten Munster with the seconds in both reg and post season. Small risk that might backfire but probably won't.

Small risk that might backfire but probably won't.
B9DpjO5NljbdsRASVZguByUsLqE=.gif

Arrogant how? Leinster had consistently beaten Munster with the seconds in both reg and post season. Small risk that might backfire but probably won't.
And yet here we are. Didn't take your opponents seriously and got what you deserved. If that's not arrogant I don't know what is.

And yet here we are. Didn't take your opponents seriously and got what you deserved. If that's not arrogant I don't know what is.
Where are we? A Heineken Cup final, exactly where Leinster want to be.

It'd be arrogant if there wasn't a far bigger game this Saturday, the management and squad prioritised the bigger competition. La Rochelle played a 2nd team, lost and risked losing a home semi final doing so, presumably they're just as arrogant?

Again, it could backfire, but if Leinster win on Saturday, no one will care.

I'll start by saying I hate this format. Running off with the League as Leinster did should mean something. Perhaps a League Winners Trophy followed by the URC Playoffs. The scheduling then is a little silly. Main talking point this week being Leinster fielding a B team due to Europe. Can the URC not set out the fixtures to allow teams compete on both fronts rather than hamper their own franchises? I actually would much prefer a League plain and simple. If you top it by 20 points it's hardly logical for someone else to get a chance to win it?

Anyhow, the Stormers should win this. If they don't they only have themselves to blame. I think had Leinster won in the HEC last year they would be travelling to Dublin so this is a golden opportunity to win back to back.
Saturday night would have been contrasting emotions in the 4 camps. The Stormers knew Connacht would be dogged. Connacht were dogged and gave it a good wallop. Munster were running about doing laps of honour like they had won the competition. Leinster were thinking about the game next week.
The Stormers and Munster are in differing spaces. If the Stormers win then its back to back ***les. Something the higher up in the URC will love because it's raining ZAR from now on in that case. Munster if they win have pulled off one if the biggest rags to riches season turnarounds ever. One has to question from a Munster point of view if Saturdays scenes will fade to grey should they lose heavily in the URC final and Leinster hoist number 5 next week? The Leinster/Munster dynamic is not the one of old and being clapped off by Leinster Saturday night with no sore feelings from Leinster might have been sweet then but sour come June. We will see.

Where are we? A Heineken Cup final, exactly where Leinster want to be.

It'd be arrogant if there wasn't a far bigger game this Saturday, the management and squad prioritised the bigger competition. La Rochelle played a 2nd team, lost and risked losing a home semi final doing so, presumably they're just as arrogant?

Again, it could backfire, but if Leinster win on Saturday, no one will care.
Pretty sure they wanted to be in both finals, but that's what complacency gets you.

As for La Rochelle, well that's different because they're still in the competition. Sure they might have made it harder, but you've got to beat everyone to win and they still can, unlike Leinster.

Pretty sure they wanted to be in both finals, but that's what complacency gets you.

As for La Rochelle, well that's different because they're still in the competition. Sure they might have made it harder, but you've got to beat everyone to win and they still can, unlike Leinster.
Fairly sure you're just trolling at this point but if not:

They want Europe first and foremost and were willing to risk the secondary tournament. If they wanted to win the URC they'd have played a full team and beat Munster by 20 points.

LaR did the same last year v Bordeaux, didn't get a BP, had an away QF to Toulouse because they finished behind them on PD, and lost. Same mistake twice? Terribly arrogant? Nah, champions of Europe.

It's squad management and it happens in every sport, not arrogance.

Anyway, I'm leaving this shite and going to enjoy Saturday.

Last edited:
Fairly sure you're just trolling at this point but if not:

They want Europe first and foremost and were willing to risk the secondary tournament. If they wanted to win the URC they'd have played a full team and beat Munster by 20 points.

LaR did the same last year v Bordeaux, didn't get a BP, had an away QF to Toulouse because they finished behind them on PD, and lost. Same mistake twice? Terribly arrogant? Nah, champions of Europe.

It's squad management and it happens in every sport, not arrogance.

Anyway, I'm leaving this shite and going to enjoy Saturday.
Hooked you for a bit though. ;)

Good news for Munster, South Africa and tall human fans RG Snyman is available for selection this weekend! Murray, Fekitoa and Nash also ready to go, which is great news. We will have a pretty full deck to choose from so no excuses on that front! Kleyn and Healy are currently in RTP protocols, but I guess they're expected to be ok for the match.

Munster Travelling Squad
Forwards: Dave Kilcoyne, Jeremy Loughman, Josh Wycherley; Diarmuid Barron, Niall Scannell, Scott Buckley; Stephen Archer, Roman Salanoa; Tadhg Beirne, Jean Kleyn, RG Snyman, Fineen Wycherley; Gavin Coombes, John Hodnett, Alex Kendellen, Jack O'Donoghue, Peter O'Mahony.

Backs: Craig Casey, Ethan Coughlan, Conor Murray; Joey Carbery, Jack Crowley, Ben Healy; Malakai Fekitoa, Antoine Frisch, Rory Scannell; Shane Daly, Keith Earls, Mike Haley, Calvin Nash.

Deon Fourie and Marvin Orie also available so both sides have some injury boosts. The few that we are missing I wouldn't say are as critical as the pair mentioned.

We have arrived and full contingent.
Last to lads will pass RTP tomorrow then on paddock fully Wednesday. Light session to loosen legs tomorrow

Latest posts