• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Munster vs Ospreys

I'm watching it on S4C... These commentators are the most biased lads I've ever heard in my life

Wasn't that blocking on Phillips there for O'Gara's try? I would have backed Phillips to smash O'Gara back, but he wasn't allowed to make the tackle! Well it's 11-15 to the Ospreys, with 73 on the clock. Hopefully the O's can hang on.

Are you meaning to say S4C are biased? Sorry I dont believe that! Its usually 2 ex-ospreys (neath or swansea) players anyway getting paid peanuts to commentate.

Usually the live feed from S4C is awful.

EDIT - Cmon O's. Dont let them within 7!

Zattoo is the way to watch S4C online. Watching it straight off the S4C website just ends in an unwatchable stuttering picture. The S4C commentators (english option) are ok, biased towards the Ospreys in that they want the Ospreys to win, but they call things correctly imo. Not exactly good commentators though!

Edit: knock on, should be it now with the clock passing 80.

Edit: that's it, Ospreys win for the first time in Thomund. Good effort.

Last edited:
they've made some unbelievably poor shouts. Like every time Munster get a penalty it's "I think that's the wrong decision"

good for the Ospreys their defence was good. I think if Munster had their full team fit and weren't concentrating on the heineken cup they would have definatly won this. the referee was terrible I think Munster were hard done by O'gara should have taken his goal opportunities.

What was Ryan Jones card for? I missed that bit,
I agree with coonor, I think that Munster would've won with a fullstrength side, when you look at how close they came to an Ospreys fullstrength tonight
Mafi and Warwick had good games

Last edited:
dan biggar is becoming a great player. tommy bowe wasnt in the thick of it but he did the right things at the right moment and he has shown his defence is just as good as his attack. thought Ospreys played really well as a team. I think Munster played well in the set peice but couldn't string together that main phases and make ground. Ospreys showed good defence

I thought Ospreys were hit and miss. They were nowhere neer as good in attack as they have been recently, thought they kicked too much ball away and generally was expecting more from them. Munster just couldn't break down a well organised defense. Ospreys also struggled to break down Munster's defense.

It's always easy to say, such and such would have won if they had their full strength team out, but it's impossible to know. Munster put out as good a team as injuries would allow, and all the Ospreys could do was beat what was put in front of them. I know Munster might have been looking ahead to the HC, but they sure as hell wouldn't just roll over at home against a team that's never won there.

They took off key players for the last 20 and still nearly sneaked it, thats where the game was lost.

Cracking win. Wasn't spectacular but that's a brilliant result for us and should sew up a home semi. Don't know how important that really is, as if Munster want to win the league then it won't really matter where we play them in the semi-final.

Lads just back from Thomond. What can I say Ospreys deserved victory and well we were lucky that we got a loosing BP that will be importand but me think a Leinster v Munster semi is destined.
Talking to few lads after match and well Warwick has an injury just hope it not too bad but well I saw some positives toight.
-Mafi can be a magical wing and I expect him to start there next week. He showed massive pace in first half, after 10yard headstart given, he got back to catch Shane Williams.
-Also system he had with JDV and Gleeson tonight I guess will be executed next week except Earls replaces Gleeson. In defense Mafi at 12 JDV at 13 and Earls in Wing but attacking 12.JDV 13.Earls 11.Mafi
-Denis Hurley returned and did well upon been introduced
-Gleeson (despite me constantly slamming him) did well as did Deasy when attacking but their positional play for kick's and communication was terrible and they still need alot of work.
-Set-pieces were good enough and defense was solid with no try conceded.

But I kinda knew from minute I entered Thomond Park tonight we'd loose. When Munster players came out for warm-up it was all relaxed and like a pre-season training. Deasy, Zebo, Gleeson and Hurley were just kicking ball's in to corner with no conviction or method and it was like something you'd see at Junior level at half time. And when whole team was out it was still laxy-daisy and well I don't know if that was because of next week or what but well I was disappointed.
Nick Williams I think is needed at 8 next week if fit. Coughlan hasn't been poor just think Williams offers something better and game is made for him.
Also tonight was one of worst atmosphere's I've ever seen in Thomond and was disappointed to see Biggar been jeered at times during kicks which is not Thomond Park tradition.

As for Ospreys, they're a good honest unit and well in Biggar they have a real class talent coming in hi
. He struck ball so sweetly and was excellent tonight

Really Cyril? Ospreys at home are a match for anyone in the league, even Munster. A home semi with the way the teams coming together is looking good imo. The Ospreys will take alot away from tonight. It's one hoodoo now put to rest, and I think that will stand them in good stead for next season and putting their HC hoodoo to rest aswell.

Munstermuffin. Agree that Biggar is on course to be a great player. He does have his odd moment (intercepts etc.) and his odd off game, but at 20 he's really commanding games and winning them for the Ospreys at the moment. He scored all the O's points against Leinster, and again tonight. His kicking at goal is generally excellent, as is his touch finders. He probably needs to get an overall better balance to his game, as he tends to either kick too much, or throw long passes too often. He's also gotta watch the little chips over the defense. He's great at executing them, and they've really unlocked oppositions on numerous occasions this season, but it almost backfired tonight.

Really looking forward to the 10 battle that's shaping up in Wales at the moment. With Biggar and Tovey both gunning for Stephen Jones (who's still the best 10 in Europe imo), things look bright for Wales in such a pivotal position.

Last edited:
Yeah have to agree watching him even in the warm-up he was striking the ball so sweetly it never looked like missing. But Jones i'm sure will be given few games off on tour after playing in Lions and with World Cup upon us he deserves break.
Also Dullonien any word in Wales about Nick Williams moving to Ospreys and well Jeremy Manning was been rumoured to Dragons or London Irish but I think he'll return home.

I've not heard anything about Nick Williams moving the the Ospreys. It does make some sense with Tiatia almost reachign his 40's and no youngsters really pushing within the region.

Just to mention - if Munster fail to get any points in this match and Edinburgh lose to Ulster, it means that the game at the Cardiff City Stadium is essentially a quarter final!

EDIT: Oh and if its a draw, then you are both safe.

Well it almost went like that, except Munster picked up a loosing bonus point. What will it take for the Blues to get into the playoffs now. I'll back the Blues to beat Munster in Cardiff, does any other matches have to go in their favour, or will the Blues need to win with a bonus point/deny Munster a loosing bonus point?

Thoroughly enjoying the run-in this season. Playoffs have certainly brought an extra excitement.

Yeah have to agree watching him even in the warm-up he was striking the ball so sweetly it never looked like missing. But Jones i'm sure will be given few games off on tour after playing in Lions and with World Cup upon us he deserves break.
Also Dullonien any word in Wales about Nick Williams moving to Ospreys and well Jeremy Manning was been rumoured to Dragons or London Irish but I think he'll return home.

Yeah, Manning's probably gonna head back home. I hear he has hopes of passing Carter out by the WC.

Thing is though, and last saturday in B&I Cup showed, Manning has bags of talent and well it is possible if he avoided injury and went down proper paths he'd pick up an All Black cap.

And Dullonien, I think Blues have to win by 3points or more and deny Munster BP so it simpe win and deny Munster BP.
But well it the Munster way that they'll be up for it regardless of what happens in San Sebastien ie.
Scenario 1 - If we win we'll be on a high and well confidence in camp will be booming
Scenario 2 - If we loose H'Cup SF then we'll be fired up to save the season.

Either way I'd nearly guarantee Munster will collect the loosing BP at very least and well it is typical and seem's destiny for Munster and Leinster in RDS week before H'Cup final :D :D

Latest posts