• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Cardiff Blues vs Munster Munsters

Missed the game last night, so just watched in on iPlayer. Dissapointing performance from the Blues overall. It was always going to be tough considering the hugely innexperienced front row they had, including the bench. Pretorious was the only Blues forward really performing untill Bradley Davies came on. I was especially disapointed with Rush, but Munster did a job on him, didn't allow him any space atall. Lloyd Williams looked a little off the pace being his first game back from injury, some of his passing was waay down on the crisp service he usually offers. Laulala struggled to do much on the backfoot as he was most of the game. The Earls v Halfpenny battle was great to watch, both ready to have a crack, ended up quite equal in the end with Earls getting a bit more space behind the stronger pack, but Halfpenny adding his worth by keeping the Blues within touch with the boot.

Roberts made a massive difference when he came on, should have happened earluer despite a decent showing from Hewitt, Roberts is in a different class! What a waste Parks is, he's obsessed with drop goals, and possibly cost Blues the match by taking them at every opportunity instead of being patient and going theough the fases. Munster deserved the win, and could have won more comfortoubly considering O'Gara's missed kicks, but the fact of the matter was that it was a 1pt game, and Parks didn't keep his composure.

Too much work for the Blues to do, I feel their season's over.

Lads I know people can say O'Gara too was off form because he missed kicks but have to say he was good with kicks out of hand. Munster had all the late threats of a drop covered simply because the Blues were to easy to read and didnt seem convinced they could win.

Monkey I agree Mafi needs a player to help him in centre but he seems in past few weeks to be enjoying his rugby again and ready to play.
Watching it again I must say our backrow had a superb showing and well a back 3 of Earls, Howlett and Jones could really be an exciting dangerous unit for us.
Tony McGahan has taken alot of crap and critism but last night watching game I felt he deserves bit of credit simply because he took over an aging team but now we seem to be slightly youthful again.
Archer still has to convince me but did a good job last night and well Murray can only keep improving add in Earls, Jones, Sherry and O'Mahony just to mention a few.

I think Earls is much better on the wing. His tackling is improving and at wing he doesn't have as much of a problem with positioning. He is also really destructive in open space e.g on the counter attack and he can run some good lines off the wing. I would still like to see how competent he is a fullback and we know he can do a job at outside centre but he hasn't got a brilliant pass and he will have more space on the wing.

Too much work for the Blues to do, I feel their season's over.

Gods I hope so.

It isn't though, a bonus point win would take Cardiff ahead of Ulster on points difference with equal number of games left to play, plus Cardiff have no european distraction. Wouldn't put it past Ulster to chuck it all away anyway. Playoffs still very much in Cardiff's reach... unfortunately.

Latest posts