• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

June International Test: South Africa vs. Ireland [1st Test] (11/06/2016)

If that had happen to sexton, then everyone who is trying to defend CJ, would be saying defo red, which it was at the time, just like if you dived into a tackle the oppostion ducked and you took his head off and then said you were committed

Its not agood enough excuse, he could quite easily have done some serious long term damage with that move, when he jumped he would have know he was jumping into a static man who couldn't defend himself, unacceptable for me
The South Africans here claiming it was a yellow would disagree with the Sexton comparison.
Not tackles to the head, if the same impact was a shoulder tackle to the head it would have also have been a red card

Brown \ murray discusion not a good comparision

- - - Updated - - -

If you allow that type of challenge in the game with only a yellow card then you risk people jumping into everyone who is about to kick and unable to defend themselves and hoping they might not get a yellow

Thats not the type of game i want to see
Doing something completely legal and possibly causing head damage is what both Stander and Brown did, completely fair comparisons.

The South Africans here claiming it was a yellow would disagree with the Sexton comparison.

Doing something completely legal and possibly causing head damage is what both Stander and Brown did, completely fair comparisons.

Regardless this may suit Ireland. Have a fired up Stander for 3rd test and on Saturday maybe unleash Henderson at 6 and start Ryan. Dillane is needed off bench for impact. Or start Ruddock who never lets us down.

If that had happen to sexton, then everyone who is trying to defend CJ, would be saying defo red,
That's just silly.
Read the entire thread and have a look at what the non-irish and non-south-africans are saying.

Not silly at all, my opinion in fact :) ive read all the comments and disagree, someone making a challenge like that and turning there back and crashing into someones head potentially causing long term damage is not acceptable

a scratch on murrays face from a backwood boot as he pulled the ball towards his own face moving the ball illegally on the ground is not the same

- - - Updated - - -

Its not illegal to kick the ball in a ruck situation, he caught murrey when he got pushed backwards, i didnt see anyone interfere with CJ in the air at all?

Not silly at all, my opinion in fact :) ive read all the comments and disagree, someone making a challenge like that and turning there back and crashing into someones head potentially causing long term damage is not acceptable

a scratch on murrays face from a backwood boot as he pulled the ball towards his own face moving the ball illegally on the ground is not the same

- - - Updated - - -

Its not illegal to kick the ball in a ruck situation, he caught murrey when he got pushed backwards, i didnt see anyone interfere with CJ in the air at all?
So you're condoning the punish based on the injury approach? Attempting to charge down a ball is as illegal as kicking a ball out of a ruck.

If mike brown had swung his first boot and connected with murrays head cleanly, even if murray had moved his head to place the ball even unaturally, then in my view that would be the same act, both reckless, unacceptable in the game, red card and a ban

That is a fair comparison in my eyes, do you understand what i am trying to get at rather than attach yourself to the events?

- - - Updated - - -

if he had jumped into him and just wiped him out rather than knock him out, then yellow card, he made absolutely no attempt to twist his body, put his arms down or not make full contact with him, he wanted to wipe him out (i dont think he wanted to hurt him as much as he did though), i play contact sport still and am fully aware when i am putting my body on the line and gonna clatter into someone, he twisted so he would protect himself and he got it wrong and got a red card for it, just accept it

Find a you tube clip with a similar incident where someone gets away with it

If mike brown had swung his first boot and connected with murrays head cleanly, even if murray had moved his head to place the ball even unaturally, then in my view that would be the same act, both reckless, unacceptable in the game, red card and a ban

That is a fair comparison in my eyes, do you understand what i am trying to get at rather than attach yourself to the events?

- - - Updated - - -

if he had jumped into him and just wiped him out rather than knock him out, then yellow card, he made absolutely no attempt to twist his body, put his arms down or not make full contact with him, he wanted to wipe him out (i dont think he wanted to hurt him as much as he did though), i play contact sport still and am fully aware when i am putting my body on the line and gonna clatter into someone, he twisted so he would protect himself and he got it wrong and got a red card for it, just accept it

So again, punishment based on injury? Brown made no attempt not to kick Murray in the head, you're argument in this rebuttal seems to be based on my allegiance and nothing else.

In my opinion, idealistically, both acts are red cards. Both can cause brain damage, something the game should have a zero tolerance policy to in reckless actions, and therefore both should result in leaving the field of play.

Mike brown did not kick murray in the head so he couldn't have caused brain damage?

Cj did

- - - Updated - - -

by your argument if a player kicks a ball in a ruck near someones head then red card.....ridiculous!

- - - Updated - - -

Do you find it odd literally no one is agreeing with you?
When you say IF Mike Brown, there's no IF he did Murray nearly lost eye if it was inch left but the law states Brown was entitled and he was. If it was other way around I'd be upset if Irish player pulled out.

If you think CJ wanted to 'wipe his close friend out' then he's talented the he aimed his hip bone perfectly while in air at Lambie. This is a guy who I've seen provoked at Munster numerous times and never react or hold grudge. And quite simply the way his movement went in air is way 99% of players go so what do we do ban everyone?
Regards clips there's plenty where there's no sanction. Look at Castres Montpellier yesterday or Gaston may have clip something similar happened with lesser impact. This thing happens most games just not with severity of impact.

Mike brown could see murray on the floor and purposefully didnt kick his head

CJ saw him kicking, jumped and turned his back and was like hey ho, ill take him out and try and get away with it...instead he knocked a fellow professional out, risking his carrer and deserved to be sent off and get a ban....Understand?

Massive difference

Mike brown did not kick murray in the head so he couldn't have caused brain damage?

Cj did

- - - Updated - - -

by your argument if a player kicks a ball in a ruck near someones head then red card.....ridiculous!

Mike Brown did kick Murray in head. Even Mike Brown admits that

Mike brown could see murray on the floor and purposefully didnt kick his head

CJ saw him kicking, jumped and turned his back and was like hey ho, ill take him out and try and get away with it...instead he knocked a fellow professional out, risking his carrer and deserved to be sent off and get a ban....Understand?

Massive difference
Are you actually serious here?? How did Murray get eye injury and blood so? Was there a magician?

Cj did

- - - Updated - - -

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qgGvvogUaLA[/video]

Video evidence and a cut up face. I think only one of us is attached to an event here. These two incidents are one in the same and should be treated equally.

edit: on mobile here, link might not work. Search "Conor Murray Mike Brown" and it's your first video result.

ive only got two people with green glasses disagreeing with me :) literally i have plenty of people who i have spoken to who agree with me :)

Mike brown was pushed backwards when he made face contact and saying he could have lost an eye is like me saying cj could have killed lambie....your being a drama queen muffin man :)

Post the clips and let me review

- - - Updated - - -

ive seen mike brown incident....post one which is similar to CJ jumping....i am not sure why the conversation is about that...that was my first point!

- - - Updated - - -

watch the video muffin man.....why do you think he didnt get a ban...pushed as he was kicking

Can you just answer this....was CJ touched in the air?

ive only got two people with green glasses disagreeing with me :) literally i have plenty of people who i have spoken to who agree with me :)

Mike brown was pushed backwards when he made face contact and saying he could have lost an eye is like me saying cj could have killed lambie....your being a drama queen muffin man :)

Mike Brown wasn't pushed anywhere.
I've seen more than 2 disagree and 0 agree. But if you think different then ok I guess as you obviously don't see much rugby I won't argue with you.

No Murray actually nearly lost his eye if it was inch left it would've done permanent damage to sight as was stated at time. Again you have it wrong but guess if you watched you'd know.
No drama as I said Brown was right to go for ball.

And Brown wasn't kicked and got no ban as he didn't do anything wrong. I never said he should be banned but well again I see you don't understand it much so fair enough.

Tell me this if CJ was so bad why only 1 week? I never said he was touched in air or don't know what hell that has to do with anything but can I ask do you even watch any rugby?

Last edited:
even the god of irish rugby players said that the mike brown incident was marginal

My bad for an oldie here didn't realise Jackass was a sum until I got he private message and looked at previous posts. Cheers to my 2 saviours.

- - - Updated - - -

ive seen mike brown incident....post one which is similar to CJ jumping....i am not sure why the conversation is about that...that was my first point!

- - - Updated - - -

watch the video muffin man.....why do you think he didnt get a ban...pushed as he was kicking

Can you just answer this....was CJ touched in the air?
Read through the thread, many disagree with you who aren't Irish. The argument of bias is useless, especially considering I said the guy should have a red in my opinion, otherwise your on the block list and I'm not replying.

Brown was pushed back while already in motion, his standing foot regains balance and his kicking foot continues on it's original plane. You're argument on Brown has gone from "he didn't kick Murray's head" to "he was pushed" one is wrong, the other irrelevant to the incident. Again, these incidents are one in the same and both should be punished or not depending on WR's stance.

"Brown \ murray discusion not a good comparision" is where I came into this argument so that's where Brown comes into it.

CJ doesn't need to be touched, Brown's uncontrolled, swinging boot is equal to CJ's uncontrolled and aggressive jump.

- - - Updated - - -

My bad for an oldie here didn't realise Jackass was a sum until I got he private message and looked at previous posts. Cheers to my 2 saviours.
No such luxury here, mind explaining?

Sorry mustermuffin, having two different conversations so its probably hard for you to know....

i watched 7 of Leinster home games this year live (Season ticket).....10 of the world cup games.....all six nations....8 Leinster games on TV and around 20 other games on tv between Heineken cup, english premier,and french league so i guess thats a yes :)

I didnt say what CJ was bad...just deserved a red card, reckless and endangered a fellow game player...he got timing wrong and next time he is in front of someone trying to charge down a kick, the red card will act as a deterrent to do something similar, I think thats a good thing, dont you? You shouldnt be jumping into people kicking , do you agree with that as well?