• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Murrayfield Sevens

W

w3lshrugby

Fiji should be able to wrap up the series here - although I don't think they'll actually win the individual tournament. I think the Saffers will shock a few and beat Samoa and Fiji.
Wales will have another good run into the Cup Q's and maybe, the semi's again.

If Fiji's lose in the Quarters both NZ and Samoa are in with a chance to take out the tour.

Which is more the possible considering the way New Zealand played last week.

Dear god!

I took one look at the TV coverage and Murrayfield is looking at its most packed...ever! With about 10,000 people in a 60,000 seater stadium its starting to look like Eden Park at a Tri Nations game now!

If Fiji's lose in the Quarters both NZ and Samoa are in with a chance to take out the tour.
[/b]

Yip yip. The only possible way that could actually happen is if Samoa play them (in that quater-final) and make sure they eliminate Fiji. But one team will have to end up 1st or 2nd in their pool to guarantee a clash in this quater. This is a risk for Samoa but it's really up to them if they want to take out the series. If Samoa beat them, it will be a huge boon to New Zealand. Is it likely Samoa will do them a favour? Im looking foward to what's gonna happen! It will be a thriller!

Dear god!

I took one look at the TV coverage and Murrayfield is looking at its most packed...ever! With about 10,000 people in a 60,000 seater stadium its starting to look like Eden Park at a Tri Nations game now!
[/b]
Getting blind in your old age?

You do know that Eden Park has only failed to sell out an All Black test 3 times in the last 13 years right including last nights test?

Dear god!

[/b]

Are there any smaller (capacity) stadium around there in the UK that would be more suitable? because I saw a something similar like that last week at Twickenham too.

Watching this now (which I am glad about as it gives me yet another reason to harp on about Danny Care after his performance against Canada), but this BBC coverage is terrible. Roll on Sky taking the coverage over.

I didn't expect our boys to do that! Considering we lost 24-7 to Fiji back in the Twickers semi's

sounds promising for us welsh, we do need much more financial backing for the future though

omg. wot a game between wales and fiji, First sevens game i've atched. and it was brilliant. Must say one hell of a gamble t call that non try, was the correct decision, but was very very risky with the circumstances.
Well done boys!

Well the welsh just got beat by New Zealand...

However Argentina vs Samoa is looking like a good game...

wales were always gunna do well at sevens its instinctive for us to play liquid rugby lol!!

we do need much more backing with it though if were going to rape england at every tournament not just two of them.

although loosing 22-0 at home must really suck for them :D

Does anyone else think the Russian number 7 has the potential to be a genuinely good signing for a top flight European club?

The guy is not only built like a brick shithouse but is ruddy quick. Could be a good 6 or possibly a 13 if given decent coaching.

Anyone got Barwell's number?

Haven't been watching but after hearing some shocking news, congrats to Wales on their magnificent victory over rugby powerhouse (Sevens that is) Fiji. You have done New Zealand and Samoa proud which they will now meet in the final, now they will fight out not only the Edinburgh Sevens Tournament, but the Sevens World Series 2007 crown. Good luck to both teams and GO SAMOA! :wah:

I'm still and forever will be impressed by the Welsh victory. :cheers:

well done for wales finnishing 6th considering they dont compete in all competitions!!

we really need some investment

Good to see Samoa and NZ battling it out int he final.

Hard luck Fiji. It was in the bag, and they got stuffed lmao

Latest posts