• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

My Franchise just got ruined

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by knowsleyroader+Jan 26 2006, 12:22 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (knowsleyroader @ Jan 26 2006, 12:22 AM)</div>
Originally posted by corbally@Jan 25 2006, 11:16 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-knowsleyroader
@Jan 6 2006, 03:41 AM
Just another finger in the direction of very poor product testing.

Your ridiculous mate, I admit that Rugby League 2 has some flaws but how is players retiring and having to buy rookies a sign of poor product testing. Would you rather a franchise of no rookies coming through the ranks and no players retiring?

If that happened, I'm almost certain that you'd say that franchise mode doesn't have enough depth.

I honestly can't believe that panyone would call that a bug! That's really sad mate!
<
Really glad you signed up just to have a rant at me. You didnt even manage to grasp what I was actually on about.

Next ...

@ Kaftka. Me sir ? No sir !
<
[/b]
I've been viewing these forums for a while now, I'm just sick of people bagging out Sidhe when they have done a good job, just not perfect. RC2006 is the same.

And if you didn't mean that, would you mind explaining to me what you did mean?

Originally posted by corbally@Jan 26 2006, 12:39 PM
I've been viewing these forums for a while now, I'm just sick of people bagging out Sidhe when they have done a good job, just not perfect. RC2006 is the same.

Thats the problem you see, SIDHE havn't done that good a job, especially after the promising start they had by producing rugby league 1..................yes rugby league 2 has more options, better player graphics etc but match gameplay wise has made equal steps forwards and backwards.

Only fairly hard core rugby league lovers have embraced the game (and not all of those either), whilst the "borderline" sports video game lover has not.

If SIDHE want to truly expand, and improve, the game in possible future versions they need to gather the support of more then a few fanatical rugby league supporters willing to overlook major gameplay flaws - this is what they have failed to achieve with RL2.

rl 2 without doubt missed the mark and is only saved really with franchise mode. I don't think it has gone backwards as far as some say and imo it has actually taken rugby gaming forward with online play and a proper franchise mode.

Originally posted by Ride The Cliche+Jan 26 2006, 02:36 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ride The Cliche @ Jan 26 2006, 02:36 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-corbally
@Jan 26 2006, 12:39 PM

Thats the problem you see, SIDHE havn't done that good a job, especially after the promising start they had by producing rugby league 1..................yes rugby league 2 has more options, better player graphics etc but match gameplay wise has made equal steps forwards and backwards.

Only fairly hard core rugby league lovers have embraced the game (and not all of those either), whilst the "borderline" sports video game lover has not.

If SIDHE want to truly expand, and improve, the game in possible future versions they need to gather the support of more then a few fanatical rugby league supporters willing to overlook major gameplay flaws - this is what they have failed to achieve with RL2. [/b]
<
<
<

booyaa!!

God, why do those sidhe forum dudes sign up and come in swinging hankies like that...lol!!!!

It's almost so embarrassing for them it goes beyond funny to humiliating...

I think I just spewed a little in my mouth....sympathy chunder.

You kids can enjoy the game - but if you wanna avoid the truth about these games, just stay out of the site.

tis easy..

<

Just ignore Esoj, he has a hard on for Mario and Co for some strange reason.

i would offer more tissues but you have used them all up.

franchise mode in this game is better than any of ea attempts in what 4 goes at a rugby game. its not madden thats for sure but it defintely beat what your beloved ea has done in mulitple attempts at a rugby franchise.

Originally posted by Ripper@Jan 26 2006, 05:05 PM
Just ignore Esoj, he has a hard on for Mario and Co for some strange reason.
<

right, but I am talking about corbally (waterboy) as quoted.

opinion is quite divided - which is strange. I think the truth is somewhere in the middle.

Originally posted by esoj@Jan 26 2006, 05:21 PM
i would offer moe tissues but you have used them all up.

franchise mode in this game is better than any of ea attempts in what 4 goes at a rugby game. its not madden thats for sure but it defintely beat what your beloved ea has done in mulitple attempts at a rugby franchise.
I'll assume you read my post properly and not ripper's reference.

I was not talking to you trigger happy - check my quote.

<

<

Originally posted by esoj@Jan 26 2006, 06:21 PM
moe1.gif

Moe doesn't want your tissues.

Originally posted by wow!aframeup!+Jan 26 2006, 06:25 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wow!aframeup! @ Jan 26 2006, 06:25 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-esoj
@Jan 26 2006, 05:21 PM

<

<
[/b]
the joke is on you mr jump to conlusions because I was replying to rippers post not yours.

Originally posted by esoj+Jan 26 2006, 05:53 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (esoj @ Jan 26 2006, 05:53 PM)</div>
Originally posted by wow!aframeup!@Jan 26 2006, 06:25 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-esoj
@Jan 26 2006, 05:21 PM

<

<
the joke is on you mr jump to conlusions because I was replying to rippers post not yours. [/b]
<

But ripper is referirng to mine in his....

so really, it is an obvious conclusion for me to reach.

Be more specific and speaka da anglais and there will be no problem.

cheers.

<

Just ignore Esoj, he has a hard on for Mario and Co for some strange reason

ripper posted that how does that have anything to do with your post at all. he isattempting to insult me not you.

Originally posted by esoj@Jan 26 2006, 06:00 PM
how does rippers post which is an attempt at an insult at me have anything to do with your post at all.
<

when he says, 'don't worry about esoj' - do you think he is talking to me and my post? or referring to you in the third person?

If it is the latter, there is an IQ pre-requisite attached to discussions with me and I will have to cease this one.

<

no hard fellings, I can just see that you don't get what I mean, so no point wasting my breath on it.

very vaguely about that. but the rest of it has nothing to do with you. all he is really saying is ignore esoj and then he insults me.

and if i guess if there are iq pre-requisites that rules ripper out of the discussion as well let alone being a mod

Originally posted by esoj@Jan 26 2006, 12:07 PM
to knowsley the whole game is bugged so if you spend to much in your franchise it is of course the games fault or false advertsing. there is a salary cap so even if you have 5 million you cannot use all of it. having the same salaray cap as they do in real life sounds realistic not a bug to me.

the whole salary thing is a bit werid but I think this is how it works

the avaiable this year can only be used to sign unsigned players

they next year salary is used for current players in your squad on exsisting contracts or ones that are expiring that year

after the anti-tampering deadline passes it gets a bit messy and I think you can use next years salary to buy players.

I would hardly call it a bug though just realistic. poor product testing I don't think so just realistic and not arcade. perhaps some people shouldn't play franchise if it is too realistic for their liking.
Franchise mode is incredibly flawed. When I started 2 franchises and picked up 2 5 week injuries in training before even playing a game I knew it was downhill from there.

Its like the rest of the game, poor.

Dont try push onto me that I only like arcade games and this is a simulation and thats why I dont like it. I have no problem with simulations.

Woah woah woah.... Hold up hold up...

Everybodies picking on Esoj now?

Originally posted by esoj@Jan 26 2006, 06:05 PM
very vaguely about that. but the rest of it has nothing to do with you. all he is really saying is ignore esoj and then he insults me.

and if i guess if there are iq pre-requisites that rules ripper out of the discussion as well let alone being a mod
fair enough.

no one's picking on anyone kaftka...

unless you speak of me everywhere else in the forum. You'd have a case there.

I was referring to the fact that for the last wee while certain members (including myself at times) have been being pricks (out of jest, and too far sometimes) to other certain members (not naming names) one at a time (don't you hate it when people put too many brackets inside their sentences?) for very exaggerated reasons [is this better? Still bracketed I know but...] that have gone out of hand each time [...different].

Why would you ignore esoj now? He just admitted that Rl2 missed the mark.

Status
Not open for further replies.