• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

My mid-life crisis

Would you make a 200 mile round trip on a bus for a job interview? No, you wouldn't.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Jul 17 2009, 01:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Would you make a 200 mile round trip on a bus for a job interview? No, you wouldn't.[/b]

Have you heard of this wonderful thing called a "train" ? Then again they're probably crappy AND expensive in England...

Quite. £140 for a round trip to Manchester is reason enough to say I DO need a car.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Jul 17 2009, 01:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Quite. £140 for a round trip to Manchester is reason enough to say I DO need a car.[/b]

Yeah, that's a disgrace...Alhtough it's not "that" cheap in France it's still cheaper and better I think

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Charles @ Jul 17 2009, 01:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Jul 17 2009, 01:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Quite. £140 for a round trip to Manchester is reason enough to say I DO need a car.[/b]

Yeah, that's a disgrace...Alhtough it's not "that" cheap in France it's still cheaper and better I think
[/b][/quote]

Yes, but then you'd have to be in France. I think Paris to Manchester would probably cost a bit more. But I agree, it would be a nicer train...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (toup @ Jul 18 2009, 03:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Charles @ Jul 17 2009, 01:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Jul 17 2009, 01:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

Yes, but then you'd have to be in France. I think Paris to Manchester would probably cost a bit more. But I agree, it would be a nicer train...
[/b][/quote]
The fanciest trains in Britain are Virgin - Richard Branson and all that. Very stylish, but the first thing that hits you when you get on board is the pong of dirty nappies: the fcukin seals on the toilet storage tanks have some flaw that can't be fixed. You spend the entire journey in comfort, except it smells like everyone in the carriage is doing guinness farts all the time.

Surely I have made much stupider comments than that one before!!
As far as retarded remarks go, the worst I heard recently was "It's not you, it's me, I need to find myself again."

I don't know how bad Public Transport is in the UK, don't see how it could be that much worse than in Belgium. Of course it does help that you can get from one part of this country to the other in an hour or so, distance is a concept I'm not very familiar with.

Latest posts