• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Need some advise on giving a star

S

savundra92

Hi and thanks for reading this thread. As you may have noticed Schalk Burger has not been on good form this season like he was in 2004 when he was nominated IRB Player of the year. And so i want to replace his star attributes with another South African loose forward (back row) who deserves it most. But that is the main problem. South Africa thrives in the likes of loose forwards who will be pushing for a bok start in the seasons to come now that Burger is pretty much past his best and finished for the Boks. I would like to pick a player who is rather established and can break tackles like Burger in-game. My list is:

Juan Smith
Heinrich Brussow
Pierre Spies
Ryan Kankowski
Danie Rossouw

also considering...

Jean Deysel
Dewald Potgieter
Duane Vermeulen
Keegan Daniel
Ernst Joubert
Luke Watson
(I know lots of people hate "The Puke" but he has played well)

It would be greatly appreciated if you place who you think deserves the star attribute.

Many Thanks

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (savundra92 @ Jul 2 2009, 07:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Hi and thanks for reading this thread. As you may have noticed Schalk Burger has not been on good form this season like he was in 2004 when he was nominated IRB Player of the year. And so i want to replace his star attributes with another South African loose forward (back row) who deserves it most. But that is the main problem. South Africa thrives in the likes of loose forwards who will be pushing for a bok start in the seasons to come now that Burger is pretty much past his best and finished for the Boks. I would like to pick a player who is rather established and can break tackles like Burger in-game. My list is:

Juan Smith
Heinrich Brussow
Pierre Spies
Ryan Kankowski
Danie Rossouw

also considering...

Jean Deysel
Dewald Potgieter
Duane Vermeulen
Keegan Daniel
Ernst Joubert
Luke Watson
(I know lots of people hate "The Puke" but he has played well)

It would be greatly appreciated if you place who you think deserves the star attribute.

Many Thanks[/b]
Pierre Spies for sure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks for your opinions, but i dont think kankowski is established enough. Spies is probably the choice. But he lacks the forward skills that Juan Smith and Heinrich Brussow both have. But Brussow is not established enough either. Then Juan Smith? he is very good but can he break tackles the whole time. Other star attributes i switched were o driscoll to sivivatu, umaga to tuqiri (but will change cos lote is crap and gone), josh lewsey to tom croft (in order for an englishman to ahve a star), montgomery to steyn, wilkinson to giteau (wallabies), spencer to giteau (force), henson to barnes and dallaglio to elsom. So basically i have tuqiri, burger, and croft stars to edit. If you want you can suggest edits to these aswell of your own choice. And i am considering changing frans steyn's star to rob kearney.

Must give star to PS. He is a super freak (in a good way) nothing as big as he is should move as fast as he does unless you are talking about the Concorde. I dont know if its the Christian thing or what but i can't believe how under rated he is. I read pulibactions from England, Australia, and NZ and no one gives him the credit he deserves. I'm neither a Bok or a SA Super 14 Team fan but I'm a fanatic for Rugby and that why I can say he deserves the Star. #8's in general dont get the credit they deserve so give it to Spies on principal alone.

Ok then in that case i will give schalk burger's star to pierre spies. thanks. and i will give jerry collins break tackle attribute to ryan kankowski. (as collins is getting old and players can tackle him now btw he has no star in rugby06)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (savundra92 @ Jul 5 2009, 02:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Ok then in that case i will give schalk burger's star to pierre spies. thanks. and i will give jerry collins break tackle attribute to ryan kankowski. (as collins is getting old and players can tackle him now btw he has no star in rugby06)[/b]

Well Good Luck my friend ;) ;)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (savundra92 @ Jul 4 2009, 09:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Other star attributes i switched were o driscoll to sivivatu, umaga to tuqiri (but will change cos lote is crap and gone), josh lewsey to tom croft (in order for an englishman to ahve a star), montgomery to steyn, wilkinson to giteau (wallabies), spencer to giteau (force), henson to barnes and dallaglio to elsom. So basically i have tuqiri, burger, and croft stars to edit. If you want you can suggest edits to these aswell of your own choice. And i am considering changing frans steyn's star to rob kearney.[/b]

any suggestions to tuqiri and croft edits?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (savundra92 @ Jul 5 2009, 02:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (savundra92 @ Jul 4 2009, 09:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Other star attributes i switched were o driscoll to sivivatu, umaga to tuqiri (but will change cos lote is crap and gone), josh lewsey to tom croft (in order for an englishman to ahve a star), montgomery to steyn, wilkinson to giteau (wallabies), spencer to giteau (force), henson to barnes and dallaglio to elsom. So basically i have tuqiri, burger, and croft stars to edit. If you want you can suggest edits to these aswell of your own choice. And i am considering changing frans steyn's star to rob kearney.[/b]

any suggestions to tuqiri and croft edits?
[/b][/quote]

Well Tuqiri is pain not only for you but also whole Australia ;)

Hard to give any advices

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LeksoRugby @ Jul 5 2009, 11:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (savundra92 @ Jul 5 2009, 02:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ok then in that case i will give schalk burger's star to pierre spies. thanks. and i will give jerry collins break tackle attribute to ryan kankowski. (as collins is getting old and players can tackle him now btw he has no star in rugby06)[/b]

[/b][/quote]

thank you sir :lol:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (savundra92 @ Jul 5 2009, 02:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LeksoRugby @ Jul 5 2009, 11:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (savundra92 @ Jul 5 2009, 02:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

thank you sir :lol:
[/b][/quote]

Welcome :p :p :p ;) ;) ;)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (man007 @ Jul 6 2009, 08:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Tuqiri to Hosea Gear or more similar to Jongi Nokwe.[/b]

actually i have now given tuqiri's star to ugo monye croft's star to juan smith, and steyn's star to kearney. but thanks for the advise to you and everyone else who contributed to this thread lol.

END OF THREAD THANKS (NO MORE ADVISE REQUIRED :cheers: )

178995472_cbcaaffc28.jpg

Wait, wait, wait. You took a star OFF BOD?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bc2704 @ Jul 6 2009, 10:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Just to quickly ask how you change stars?[/b]

what i mean is use the rugby editor by woosah and swap/change the player name. the star is saved onto the player id and you just change the name of the player id eg.

1111 (not real) b. o' driscoll
face id. 11111

speed 85
accel. 89

i could change the name, face id and stats on the player id 1111 to pierre spies
face id. 2222

speed 94
acceleration 89

hope this helps

That's fine mate, that's the way I do mine, just thought I'd check to see you were trying a different method.

Only problem is the commentary, it remains the same. Or can it be changed?? For example when they have the speacial commentary for that player it wont match the new person.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (xusky @ Jul 7 2009, 12:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Only problem is the commentary, it remains the same. Or can it be changed?? For example when they have the speacial commentary for that player it wont match the new person.[/b]

I wondered that, it's a bit annoying whenever Delon Armitage does well hearing about Henson's class...

Latest posts