• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Need some advise on giving a star

Thats why I never do it any more, I think the some stars are highly overrated anyway and some are just plain bs. Richie McCaw star doesn't do the real McCaw justice, its a joke, and the kicks from carter and co are just ridiculously inaccurate.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (xusky @ Jul 7 2009, 01:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Thats why I never do it any more, I think the some stars are highly overrated anyway and some are just plain bs. Richie McCaw star doesn't do the real McCaw justice, its a joke, and the kicks from carter and co are just ridiculously inaccurate.[/b]

yeh i know in comparison to george smith who always causes turnovers (depsite that he does but my point being so should richie) and jonny wilkinson who always gets his goal kicks (when i feel carter is better). and giteau and mortlock should also be a better goal kickers.

@feicarsinn yeah i took BOD's star. i gave it to adam ashley-cooper. o'driscoll is better but i want to give young players better stats.
but in that woosah editor example with pierre spies, that was not real. but sorry to upset you

I think the whole star issue needs an overhaul for 2009. Literally all of the old star players can be assigned to new upcoming players.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fa'atau82 @ Jul 11 2009, 02:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I think the whole star issue needs an overhaul for 2009. Literally all of the old star players can be assigned to new upcoming players.[/b]

indeed fa'atau

top of the list, Gavin Henson

I think most of these need changing, i'd suggest..

Lote Tuqiri/Mils Muliaina
Chris Latham/Lee Byrne
George Smith same
Stephen Larkham/Sitiveni Sivivatu
George Gregan/Danny Care
Matt Giteau same
Joe Rokocoko same
Dan Carter same
Richie McCaw/Sergio Parisse
Jerry Collins/Ryan Kankowski
Carlos Spencer/Berrick Barnes
Tana Umaga/Sebastian Chabal
Lawrence Dallaglio/Tom Croft
Jonny Wilkinson/Luke Mcallister
Josh Lewsey/Delon Armitage
Jason Robinson/Jongi Nokwe
Christophe Dominici/Maxime Medard
Yannick Jauzion/Mathieu Bastareaud
Yannick Nyanga/Thierry Dusaltoir
Ronan O'Gara/J.M.Hernandez
Brian O'Driscoll/Luke Fitzgerald
Gavin Henson/Jean De Villiers
Shane Williams same
Agustín Pichot/Fourie Du Preez
Schalk Burger/Pierre Spies
Percy Montgomery/Frans Steyn
Bryan Habana/Hosea Gear

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fa'atau82 @ Jul 11 2009, 04:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Chris Latham/Lee Byrne
George Smith same
George Gregan/Danny Care
Matt Giteau same
Joe Rokocoko same
Dan Carter same
Shane Williams same
Bryan Habana/Hosea Gear[/b]

haha well done m8 i agree with most of them apart from give rob kearney a star instead of jongi nokwe, jaque fourie instead of chabal and i would get rid of rokocoko's star and give it to adam ashley-cooper, drew mitchell, lachie turner or digby ioane.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fa'atau82 @ Jul 11 2009, 04:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Chris Latham/Lee Byrne
George Smith same
George Gregan/Danny Care
Matt Giteau same
Joe Rokocoko same
Dan Carter same
Shane Williams same

I agree with most of them, but would let Wilkinson, O'Driscoll and Habana keep their stars. Would also like to see either Nick Evans or Butch James get one at fly-half.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ali12 @ Jul 18 2009, 02:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fa'atau82 @ Jul 11 2009, 04:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Chris Latham/Lee Byrne
George Smith same
George Gregan/Danny Care
Matt Giteau same
Joe Rokocoko same
Dan Carter same
Shane Williams same

I agree with most of them, but would let Wilkinson, O'Driscoll and Habana keep their stars. Would also like to see either Nick Evans or Butch James get one at fly-half.
[/b][/quote]

Dunno about Butch James, he's been a bit all over the place since he's been at Bath, Nick Evans def deserves one though. Chabal hasn't played that well recently either, Umaga's star should to a crash ball centre (possible Roberts or Nonu). Disagree than O'Driscoll, Habana and McCaw should lose their stars, Henson should keep his too. He was fantastic in the '08 Grandslam and has been really unlucky with injuries since then, so not sure why he should lose his star. That said, Jean de Villiers probably does deserve one, as does Jamie Roberts (considering he was the Player of the Tour for the Lions). Agree that Kearney should get Robinsons star ahead of Nokwe too. Mike Phillips should get Gregans star ahead of Danny Care too. Danny Care is a good player, but Phillips is easily up there as one of the best in Britain (if not Europe) even if he is an idiot who does stupid stuff in Penarth when he's drunk :rolleyes: <_< .

henson wasnt even in the welsh starting XV and there are a lot better players in the world who deserve a star more than him. but i respect your opninion.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (savundra92 @ Jul 18 2009, 03:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
henson wasnt even in the welsh starting XV and there are a lot better players in the world who deserve a star more than him. but i respect your opninion.[/b]

Cheers, I respect yoru too mate.
Which starting XV d'you mean btw?

thanks m8, i know you were talking about the 08 grandslam but i meant he wasnt in the welsh national team in the starting xv. i thought it was stephen jones at fly half, jamie roberts in the centre with tom shanklin and lee byrne at fullback. with henson on the bench.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (savundra92 @ Jul 18 2009, 04:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
thanks m8, i know you were talking about the 08 grandslam but i meant he wasnt in the welsh national team in the starting xv. i thought it was stephen jones at fly half, jamie roberts in the centre with tom shanklin and lee byrne at fullback. with henson on the bench.[/b]

In 2008 6 Nations it was him at 12 (Roberts was a fullback/wing back then, and was in his 1st pro season), and if you mean last season (08/09) he missed the AI's because he hurt his ankle I think, pulling out a few days befpre the 1st Game vs South Africa and not recovering in time. Same happened in the 09 6N, he pulled out before the 1st game vs Scotland, missed teh game against England, was on the bench vs France (makes sense, as Roberts and Shanklin were playing well and Henson was coming back from injury) and started the final 2 games.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Thingimubob @ Jul 18 2009, 03:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ali12 @ Jul 18 2009, 02:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fa'atau82 @ Jul 11 2009, 04:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Chris Latham/Lee Byrne
George Smith same
George Gregan/Danny Care
Matt Giteau same
Joe Rokocoko same
Dan Carter same
Shane Williams same

[/b][/quote]

Dunno about Butch James, he's been a bit all over the place since he's been at Bath, Nick Evans def deserves one though. Chabal hasn't played that well recently either, Umaga's star should to a crash ball centre (possible Roberts or Nonu). Disagree than O'Driscoll, Habana and McCaw should lose their stars, Henson should keep his too. He was fantastic in the '08 Grandslam and has been really unlucky with injuries since then, so not sure why he should lose his star. That said, Jean de Villiers probably does deserve one, as does Jamie Roberts (considering he was the Player of the Tour for the Lions). Agree that Kearney should get Robinsons star ahead of Nokwe too. Mike Phillips should get Gregans star ahead of Danny Care too. Danny Care is a good player, but Phillips is easily up there as one of the best in Britain (if not Europe) even if he is an idiot who does stupid stuff in Penarth when he's drunk :rolleyes: <_< .
[/b][/quote]

Last season (until he got injured) James was pretty awesome throughout the season, apart from his goal-kicking he's a pretty brilliant player. I agree though that Evans probably edges him, and considering it's swapping O'Gara's star then Evans probably suits it better.

Agree with the point about Phillips too, Care will (hopefully) become a quality player, but he's not there yet and Phillips has done more to deserve it.

Having looked again at the old ones, i think williams should lose his star too, maybe to someone like Halfpenny, or is he not quite there yet?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Thingimubob @ Jul 18 2009, 04:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (savundra92 @ Jul 18 2009, 04:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
thanks m8, i know you were talking about the 08 grandslam but i meant he wasnt in the welsh national team in the starting xv. i thought it was stephen jones at fly half, jamie roberts in the centre with tom shanklin and lee byrne at fullback. with henson on the bench.[/b]

In 2008 6 Nations it was him at 12 (Roberts was a fullback/wing back then, and was in his 1st pro season), and if you mean last season (08/09) he missed the AI's because he hurt his ankle I think, pulling out a few days befpre the 1st Game vs South Africa and not recovering in time. Same happened in the 09 6N, he pulled out before the 1st game vs Scotland, missed teh game against England, was on the bench vs France (makes sense, as Roberts and Shanklin were playing well and Henson was coming back from injury) and started the final 2 games.
[/b][/quote]

Oh right thanks for the correct information but nevertheless i still think there are other better players than henson despite the fact that he may be playing very well.

plus after Jamie Roberts received the Top Lion Award i think he deserves brian o'driscolls star and not luke fitzgerald.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (savundra92 @ Jul 19 2009, 10:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Thingimubob @ Jul 18 2009, 04:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (savundra92 @ Jul 18 2009, 04:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

Oh right thanks for the correct information but nevertheless i still think there are other better players than henson despite the fact that he may be playing very well.

plus after Jamie Roberts received the Top Lion Award i think he deserves brian o'driscolls star and not luke fitzgerald.
[/b][/quote]

Why give away BOD's star anyway? He's still quality in my opinion

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (savundra92 @ Jul 19 2009, 10:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
he is but i was referring to fa'atau's list of changing star players[/b]

Oh right, so it's Fa'atau who underrates the best centre in the world :p

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (xusky @ Jul 19 2009, 12:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Because there are up and coming youngsters who are better.[/b]

I don't know of anyone who is at the moment, and I definately dont think that Fitzgerald and Roberts are (yet).

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ali12 @ Jul 18 2009, 09:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Thingimubob @ Jul 18 2009, 03:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ali12 @ Jul 18 2009, 02:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Chris Latham/Lee Byrne
George Smith same
George Gregan/Danny Care
Matt Giteau same
Joe Rokocoko same
Dan Carter same
Shane Williams same

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

Last season (until he got injured) James was pretty awesome throughout the season, apart from his goal-kicking he's a pretty brilliant player. I agree though that Evans probably edges him, and considering it's swapping O'Gara's star then Evans probably suits it better.

Agree with the point about Phillips too, Care will (hopefully) become a quality player, but he's not there yet and Phillips has done more to deserve it.

Having looked again at the old ones, i think williams should lose his star too, maybe to someone like Halfpenny, or is he not quite there yet?
[/b][/quote]

Ah f.e., it's just the few highlights I saw were of him having a terrible match :p so I ended up seeing his bad games. His goal kicking has been terrible recently, found that strange because he slotted every kick against Wales in the Summer 08.

I still think Shane just oozes class even if his forms been a bit off, but if we're talking about giving the youngsters stars, then Halfpenny should inherit Shane's star. Halfpenny is a really mature player for someone who's only 20, and has a really clever rugby brain too. A class finisher and goal kicker too.
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (savundra92 @ Jul 19 2009, 10:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Thingimubob @ Jul 18 2009, 04:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

Ah if that's what you think then f.e., even if you take teh star away, is there any way to keep his big boot stats on him? Even when he's not playing well, teh guy's still got a massive punt on him, and a massive goal kick.

Latest posts