• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

New Cycling season

Amazing TT from Vingegaard. That ought to be the race done and dusted. But he looked totally spent afterwards and tomorrow is the queen stage which might just offer the slightest glimmer of hope to Pog. All depends on how they recover over night.

Amazing TT from Vingegaard. That ought to be the race done and dusted. But he looked totally spent afterwards and tomorrow is the queen stage which might just offer the slightest glimmer of hope to Pog. All depends on how they recover over night.

Or not.

Dominant from Vingegaard, a very worthy winner. Fair play to Pog, he gave it all he had but it looks like his injury disrupted preparation finally caught up with him as logic always said it would. It's probably amazing that he stayed in the hunt for as long as he did.

been enjoying the UCI Worlds, even the hooligans throwing the bike down the mountain. Think the festival event is a great idea and if it came near me I would definitely check it out.

If anyone can fathom what Jumbo Visma have been up to at La Vuelta please let me know….

They should lock out the podium. Just hope Kuss doesn't 'win' it. Nothing against him, he's an excellent rider but Roglic and Vingegaard are palpably better and could easily have taken the extra time they needed for the red jersey. The way they rode yesterday was just bizarre….. not fighting each other for the stage win, but almost seeming to show Kuss they were better while just keeping him in red.

God knows what the team dynamics are like. Maybe today they'll be given licence to ride for themselves. Unsatisfactory so far.

And also quite bizarre seeing Evenepoel attacking literally every day after his massive blow up.

If anyone can fathom what Jumbo Visma have been up to at La Vuelta please let me know….

They should lock out the podium. Just hope Kuss doesn't 'win' it. Nothing against him, he's an excellent rider but Roglic and Vingegaard are palpably better and could easily have taken the extra time they needed for the red jersey. The way they rode yesterday was just bizarre….. not fighting each other for the stage win, but almost seeming to show Kuss they were better while just keeping him in red.

God knows what the team dynamics are like. Maybe today they'll be given licence to ride for themselves. Unsatisfactory so far.

And also quite bizarre seeing Evenepoel attacking literally every day after his massive blow up.
Only been able to watch the highlights. Seems like a race no one is taking that seriously.

I don't get how jumbo can be this much better. I thought the sport was on a relatively even playing field when it came to "nutrition".

good to see. very happy for kuss. Still an odd tour.

Very.

Meanwhile, Josh Tarling absolutely demolished the field in the European TT champs. Follows hot on the heels of his bronze in the Worlds. He's going to be quite something when he grows up…..won't be 20 for another 5 months.

Jeez. 40mph+ average over 4 laps from a standing start.

Averaged over 1,000 watts over the final lap and can hit 3,000 at absolute peak. That's a world of lactic acid pain. Top that on your watt bike, Tom Pearson.

So powerful that he can't use carbon handlebars or cranks as he just breaks them. So they had to compromise a little on his aerodynamic position and possibly slightly weight too.

Beast.

More track time trials please. Actually just more time trials.

3000 watts is absolutely insane, more events for the 90+ kilo guys

The way he took off on the descent of the koppenberg. I thought pedersen and Jorgensen had a chance till then.

His long power is insane.

Vingegaard: broken collarbone, several ribs.

Evenepoel: broken collarbone.

Van Aert: broken sternum, collarbone, several ribs.

And these are the protected superstars of the sport.

Tough game.

van der pool trying to lose Pederson before the velodrome. He needs to at least make Pederson work his ass off.

Latest posts