• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

New Pearl Jam CD

great cd. world wide suicide has a awesome riff to it, alongside unemployable. but nothing can match there 70 bootlegs of there concerts. i currently have like 5 or 6, but all 70 were on trademe a little bit ago going for $800!!!

Good thing you won that auction and and are going to give them to me for my birthday Mr Good.

The PJ Cd is preety alright, probably the best album released since Foo's In your Honor... although thats not that hard when your up against such awesome bands as Nickelback (Chad Kroger must die).

I still put on WWS and Camatose still.

Originally posted by Ripper@Jun 9 2006, 06:36 PM
probably the best album released since Foo's In your Honor...
i am also a Pearl Jam fan but saying that their CD is the best released since 'In Your Honor' is a bloody big call when other bands like Tool, Slayer (im not a fan but they have a huge fan base) and RHCP have also released CDs since 'In Your Honor'.

I know that is your opinion and i have no right to say that you are wrong but just think before you post an opinion like that.....with all respect

Originally posted by MonoTurd+Jun 12 2006, 09:11 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Ripper
@Jun 9 2006, 06:36 PM
i am also a Pearl Jam fan but saying that their CD is the best released since 'In Your Honor' is a bloody big call when other bands like Tool, Slayer (im not a fan but they have a huge fan base) and RHCP have also released CDs since 'In Your Honor'.

I know that is your opinion and i have no right to say that you are wrong but just think before you post an opinion like that.....with all respect [/b]
Stadium Acardium wasn't that great, bar Dani California, 21st Century and Especially in Michigan as well as one or two others. Tool are overated and Slayer should be slayed <--- Awesomeness.

Many people didn't like In Your Honor, mostly because of the 2nd Disc (the acoustic side), but those were the same people who think that they are cool because they mock Nirvana and Pearl Jam while listening to Nickelback. I liked the fact it was more of a louder album then One by One and TINLTL on Disc One (especially Hell, Best of You and No Way Back) while the acoustic side is one of only 2 acoustic CD's I would pay full price for (the other is Nirvanas Unplugged in New York one)

In your honour wasn't a good album. Lets ignore disc two. That was just crap. Disc one wasn't great either. All of the singles were tedious, and I can't think of a single song on the album that I particularly enjoyed. Not the Foos best work.

Stadium Arcadium isn't the Chilis best album either, but certainly a lot better than In Your Honour In My Opinion <---Awesomeness.

21st Century, Track 10, Track 11, and a couple of others are very good Chili songs on the Mars CD. Dani California is a good song to open the album with, its just a shame that everybody at work listens to The Edge where they rape the hell out of that song, and cutting the guitar solo about 10 seconds short at the end. Thats like eating a scoop of chips with just one of those 30c sachets of tomato sauce that has been sitting in a box for 12 months because nobody buys them...

The rest of the Jupiter CD is quite dull, but there are moments, which is a helluva lot more than what could be said of the IYH dull CD....

But thats just your opinion. I personally find Stadium Acardium Dull on Both discs. Warlocks is a good song, although would've been better if they did it a bit harder in my opinion.

And of course its not the Foo's best work, nothing will Top the "Color and the Shape" but I sure as hell enjoyed it more then One By One and at least on par with TINLTL (Which had a good first half, but everysong after Aurora was crap)

Foo Fighters self ***led is great. One-take for most of the songs... Of course, i guess its four takes considering Dave did it all himself.

S/T and Colour and the Shape are on par me reckons. In Your Honour is marginally better than One By One imo. Songs like Best and some anoying song in the middle of the album (can't remember the name... in fact, I'm probably talking ****) are among the worst songs FF produced.

cd 2 is awesome of iyo. even though its not a dave fest, the entire idea of the foos is. daves a legend. but ****, on cold day in the sun, the drummer sung!

Originally posted by Ripper+Jun 13 2006, 05:39 PM-->
Originally posted by MonoTurd@Jun 12 2006, 09:11 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Ripper
@Jun 9 2006, 06:36 PM

I know that is your opinion and i have no right to say that you are wrong but just think before you post an opinion like that.....with all respect
Stadium Acardium wasn't that great, bar Dani California, 21st Century and Especially in Michigan as well as one or two others. Tool are overated and Slayer should be slayed <--- Awesomeness.

Many people didn't like In Your Honor, mostly because of the 2nd Disc (the acoustic side), but those were the same people who think that they are cool because they mock Nirvana and Pearl Jam while listening to Nickelback. I liked the fact it was more of a louder album then One by One and TINLTL on Disc One (especially Hell, Best of You and No Way Back) while the acoustic side is one of only 2 acoustic CD's I would pay full price for (the other is Nirvanas Unplugged in New York one) [/b]
i am with you on Nirvana's Unplugged in New York ripper- thats the greatest acoustic album ever!

Originally posted by sambãd5+Jun 13 2006, 08:16 PM-->
cd 2 is awesome of iyo. even though its not a dave fest, the entire idea of the foos is. daves a legend. but ****, on cold day in the sun, the drummer sung! [/b]
Yeah, you heard that Album Hawkins just relased? Taylor Hawkins and the Coattail Riders or something like that. Haven't seen it around, even on Bit*REMOVED*. Cold Day in the Sun was probably the best song on the acoustic side along with Friend of a Friend

<!--QuoteBegin-Kathy

Foo Fighters self ***led is great. One-take for most of the songs... Of course, i guess its four takes considering Dave did it all himself.

Foo Fighters is an awesome album, even though it sounds like a bunch of demos recorded by one man in two days (which it is), especially Good Grief, Alone + Easy Target (Which Nirvana sometimes played as a Soundcheck apparently) and Wattershed.

The only problem I had was it didn't have the variety of The Color and the Shape, with TCAS you would have your ears assualted for the first 6 songs, then calming "See You" gives you a break before Dave bursts into Enough Space which is preety much a screamfest, then quiet for Feburay Stars... atleast until the last 1/4, then the best Foo song ever IMO in Everlong, then one of the best closing songs on an album this side of eclipse from Dark Side of the Moon with New Way Home.

Man I love that Album

Originally posted by Ripper@Jun 13 2006, 05:39 PM
Tool are overated

Tool are only overrated to those people who think that Fall Out Boy are a good hard rock band. Tool go beyond music. Their lyrics are amazing, the meanings behind their lyrics/music is amazing, their music itself is amazing, the spiritual stuff that they include in their music is amazing, the individual musicians are amazing.

Im not going to ask you to give it a listen because you already have it in your head that Tool aren't a good band so you wont be able to appreciate the things that i just mentioned.

Also i would like to add that i too have a copied version (cheers Neck) of Nirvana: Unplugged in New York and it is one of my favourite albums

My point exactly thats what a few people on this forum have been saying all along. I guess you will just miss out on knowing how good they really are.

Latest posts