• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

New project idea for 2009-10 season

I am always keen to mod what ever it maybe. Specifically I will focus on faces , but I am also keen to do front end graphics and logos etc.

hey guys. im sure faatau and co can make a great mod. too bad i cannot help so much because i have moved onto modding madden08 and other stuff for nhl09.

if you ever need some coding for schedules which isnt huge like the guinness premiership i guess i can take a helping hand.

good ideas about the forum faatau :) :bravo:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fa'atau82 @ Jul 12 2009, 08:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Yeah, we can decide whether we will have certain teams. It's easy to make a mod to let people choose.

@ DK15 - Malo uce! O a mai oe? I will be making tutorials again, i think we just have to find somewhere else but Filefront, it's basically crap now and deletes anything even though you ask for it stay. I will be uploading all kinds of stuff, i'm just glad we have some enthusiasm in the forum. Yeah, it's just a video game, and it's not even a pioneering one, but it's all we have and it's not too bad and it makes us happy obviously because you can see hours and months of work all around this forum!

Let's get this show on the road!

I will work on stuff this week, and upload it as and when. I might make a new thread to see who wants to get involved that isn't a modder and hold them to it![/b]

thats great if you do make new tutorials

Thanks for all the effort you put in to make Rugby 08 a decent game

I will have some up by the weekend, and i might make threads for them so there's no downloading.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fa'atau82 @ Jul 13 2009, 08:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I will have some up by the weekend, and i might make threads for them so there's no downloading.[/b]
great :D :bravo: :) :lol: ;) but i dont understand the part where you said " so theres no downloading" :mellow:

and if no one is doing anything here are the new leinster kits
home= http://www.leinsterrugbystore.ie/popup_mag...64&imageid=
away= http://www.leinsterrugbystore.ie/product.p...at=6&page=1

said id post them if anyine got bored

Wow those are pretty cool Leinster kits!

Fa'atau are you happy with this list?please reply so that I can start with the roster...

*Australia A - Montauban
Barbarians - Stays the same
*B & I Lions - Stays the same
Euro All Stars - Toulon
NZ Maori - England Saxons
North All Stars - Western Province
Pacific Isles - Wellington Lions
South All Stars - Racing Metro
Super 12 All Stars - Auckland
World All Stars - Canterbury
Jr. All Blacks - Blue Bulls
Cats - Natal Sharks
Leeds - Stays the same, just gets "activated"
Bourgoin - Brive
Castres - Montpellier

Sorry guys but this period i can t help you...I am busy with my holidays and also my school :(

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dady11 @ Jul 14 2009, 09:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Sorry guys but this period i can t help you...I am busy with my holidays and also my school :([/b]

We're gonna miss your mods dady, could you please maybe re-upload your Croke Park and Murrayfield stadiums and post them in your thread again because their links are dead of those stadiums

Hi guys. Great ideas here. But i think that we don't have to switch teams because of the comentaries. Just replace unused teams for new ones, but not switch existing teams.
About the faces... xusky could make SH faces and me NH faces as we usually do. There is kabezon too and we are the only active facemakers in the forum. So it would be great to have more facemakers, not guys who make a few faces and then just disappear.
And sorry for being a bit inactive these days, i'm on my winter vacations :p

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Intercept King JdV @ Jul 14 2009, 10:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dady11 @ Jul 14 2009, 09:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sorry guys but this period i can t help you...I am busy with my holidays and also my school :([/b]

We're gonna miss your mods dady, could you please maybe re-upload your Croke Park and Murrayfield stadiums and post them in your thread again because their links are dead of those stadiums
[/b][/quote]

No problem ;)

When the tutorial goes up for face-making I'm keen to have a go at Guinness Premiership and Six Nations faces. Might take me a while to get up and running though.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (uli85 @ Jul 15 2009, 07:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Hi guys. Great ideas here. But i think that we don't have to switch teams because of the comentaries. Just replace unused teams for new ones, but not switch existing teams.
About the faces... xusky could make SH faces and me NH faces as we usually do. There is kabezon too and we are the only active facemakers in the forum. So it would be great to have more facemakers, not guys who make a few faces and then just disappear.
And sorry for being a bit inactive these days, i'm on my winter vacations :p[/b]

Hey Uli thanks for that idea :bravo: .I tried that at first to activate an unused team like Rotherham, activated it in the team.csv file in the editor's folder so that you can edit the team of Rotherham, I used the latest Woosaah's Rugasmic 08 Editor and when I selected Rotherham from the list its team list came up empty and the editor gave me an error so I couldn't add players to the Rotherham team so pretty much I thought that those unused teams won't work in the game.

Then I had a moment of genius :p , I installed the old editor(the one without the face previews) and tried to open the Rotherham team again from the list, the team came up empty but the editor didn't give me an error, so I filled up the whole team with the same 1 player, saved it, went to another team and back to that "new" team and team list was still complete, so now that unused Rotherham team is now usable :D .
Just to make sure that it worked correctly I tried to play with that "new" team ingame, used filemon to get the filenames of the kitfront & back, flags and ball, put those files into the main folder, started a game with that new team and everything works good :cheers: .

So now we have extra teams to replace, so here is the new list of teams that will be replaced:

Australia A - Stays the same
Barbarians - Stays the same
B & I Lions - Stays the same
Pacific Isles - Stays the same
NZ Maori - Stays the same
Euro All Stars - Toulon
South All Stars - Racing Metro
Super 12 All Stars - Montauban
World All Stars - Natal Sharks
Jr. All Blacks - Blue Bulls
Cats - Western Province
Leeds - Stays the same, just gets "activated"
North All Stars -Wellington Lions
Chile - Canterbury
Tunisia - Auckland
Rotherham - Emerging Boks
Earth ***ans - England Saxons

As you can see we can now have the Emerging Boks & England Saxons as new representative teams.

Here is the list of the other unused teams:(my suggestions of what they can become)

Cornish Pirates - (Stays the same)
Agen - Montpellier
Beziers - Overmach Parma
Brive - (Stays the same)
Connacht - (Stays the same)
Viadana - (Stays the same)
Borders - Rugby Rovigo
Bridgend - Petrarca Padova/Bucuresti Oaks

We can use these teams to create new teams like Montpellier ect...or just to activate a team like Viadana or Brive ect... but the trouble is going to be the roster, seeing as we can't expand the roster (adding new players), we can't actually use these other teams now otherwise we won't have enough players to fill the teams. :(

So yeah tell me what you guys think of these new teams that will be added to the game

Dont replace Chile :cryy: ,better activate it and use the kits and graphics that Kabezon has made for it :cheers: .

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (man007 @ Jul 19 2009, 08:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Dont replace Chile :cryy: ,better activate it and use the kits and graphics that Kabezon has made for it :cheers: .[/b]

Well Chile wasn't part of the original game so I thought we can replace it with a new team, if we use Chile we must then de-activate a team like Russia or some other international team otherwise we won't have enough players to fill the team...

Then deactivate russia,(sorry if there is any russian in the forum) their names are too long and confusing :p,so I can play as Chile against Uruguay for the RWC 2011

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fa'atau82 @ Jul 12 2009, 08:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I will be making tutorials again....

I will work on stuff this week, and upload it as and when. I might make a new thread to see who wants to get involved that isn't a modder and hold them to it![/b]

Hey, any idea when the tutorials will be up? I've got nothing else on at the moment so would like to find something to do :)

At the moment, i have very few hours for my spare time. During the week, i do nothing but work. At weekends, i do my music or go out occasionally so my role will diminish dramatically to almost zero.. but basically, when i come home one night and i'm not that tired, i will write-up a guide or walk-thru with screens from my working, so you'll get a newbies guide to kits, logos etc.

It'll al be in a thread, so there will be NO file to download as such.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fa'atau82 @ Jul 20 2009, 09:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
At the moment, i have very few hours for my spare time. During the week, i do nothing but work. At weekends, i do my music or go out occasionally so my role will diminish dramatically to almost zero.. but basically, when i come home one night and i'm not that tired, i will write-up a guide or walk-thru with screens from my working, so you'll get a newbies guide to kits, logos etc.

It'll al be in a thread, so there will be NO file to download as such.[/b]

Alright, cheers for the update :)

Another thing, am I right in saying that Calvisano don't have any players and they're being dropped a flight in the Italian League? If so then is there any point keeping them in the new patches?

Cheers

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ali12 @ Jul 21 2009, 11:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Another thing, am I right in saying that Calvisano don't have any players and they're being dropped a flight in the Italian League? If so then is there any point keeping them in the new patches?

Cheers[/b]

Yes Calvisano will play next year in A2...the third italian division....

Latest posts