• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Next Generation Gaming

You could play Witcher 3 which has a very Skyrim vibe and is a lot better in every aspect I can think of (despite me putting in hours into Skyrim and Fallout I think Bethesda games are vastly overrated).
I played the Witcher and loved it. Also started kingdom come deliverance but found that to be very hard to get Into.

O love fallout 4 though, played that solid for 2 years on survival mode. Brilliant game really to get lost in.

With the way Ubisoft are producing lazy poor games I'm not sure if Valhalla is worth a purchase. I love all medieval style games but having seen what they've done to ghost recon and the poor reception from the fans with Watchdogs I'm not so sure.

I really could do with another Skyrim, no idea why another company hasn't tried to cash in and make another one. Would have sold loads.
Well I'm an AC fan! and I was rather impressed with AC: Oddyssey. And I've only seen good reviews so far. I'll take the risk thanx.

Astro' Playroom is a nice bit of nostalgia especially is you owned all previous PlayStations

Plus its designed to show off the dualsense a little.

So far pretty quiet whilst running Demon's Souls occasionally you hear the fans go on but it's no louder than a quiet desk fan.

To add the disc drive is pretty loud by comparison but is no louder than the one on the PS4 Pro...(if it was put under strain it would sound like jet engine was going off).

So far pretty quiet whilst running Demon's Souls occasionally you hear the fans go on but it's no louder than a quiet desk fan.
That is good to hear and one of my concerns of getting one.

But will the fan start ramping up when it gets clogged with dust, as time goes by. Is it easy to prize open the PS5 to clean it?

That is good to hear and one of my concerns of getting one.

But will the fan start ramping up when it gets clogged with dust, as time goes by. Is it easy to prize open the PS5 to clean it?
Supposedly yes but I'm not going to open mine up until I upgrade the SSD space but nothing is approved yet (and you can only use approved chips to make the games work).

Will say I'm slightly worried about transport and the panels, the 'wings' feel like they'd snap are under a fair amount of pressure. But it's guessed they'd almost certainly sell spares/different colours.

Supposedly yes but I'm not going to open mine up until I upgrade the SSD space but nothing is approved yet (and you can only use approved chips to make the games work).

Will say I'm slightly worried about transport and the panels, the 'wings' feel like they'd snap are under a fair amount of pressure. But it's guessed they'd almost certainly sell spares/different colours.
Yeh that was also one of the criticisms I saw in one of the reviews. I think mine will be under my TV when I get one so shouldn't be a problem if I don't move it around.

And yeh the useable SSD is like c.670GB once the OS is taken into account so Defo need to upgrade for games which will be like 150GB.

I think it's one of those things if your aware of it, it should be fine. Just don't dump stuff on it when moving around.

It's just applicable to me because if I go on holiday in this country I might take it as a Blu-ray player/streaming services.

What's the controller like to use?
Heavy but comfortable, the new rumble is good and the triggers are fine when used but I've only seen them used in Astro's Playland (I've not fired up Miles Morales yet). I do wonder how good the motors in the triggers will be after lots of use.

Other than that it's just a dual shock you get use to it pretty quick.

I saw a video, of someone unboxing the PS5, and it seemed like the footpiece you mount of it either sideways or upwards doesn't "click" or look like it's properly going into place. Is it sturdy though?

I saw a video, of someone unboxing the PS5, and it seemed like the footpiece you mount of it either sideways or upwards doesn't "click" or look like it's properly going into place. Is it sturdy though?
It clickes into position on the horizontal and on vertical it's screwed in.

Who needs next generation gaming when you can play Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity on the Switch

RIP frame rate

Baby Reaction GIF

First major bug I'm coming across.

Nobody entirely sure what's causing the issue but basically Miles Morales uninstalls itself everytime I eject the disc. Working theory is updates downloaded before the game finishes installing. Trying that now.

Demon's Souls has been fine but that didn't have a patch apparently but other are seeing an issue so *shurgs*

Latest posts