• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Next Wallabies coach?

A

aussie1st

Looking at the list if we don't get Deans I would go for Nucifora. Already won a Super 14 ***le, had the Blues in awesome form early in the season. Doesn't have any fears in dropping star players.

Robbie Deans
Jake White
Scott Johnson
John Muggleton
Laurie Fisher
Ewen McKenzie
David Nucifora

You cannot have Robbie Deans, he'll be the next All Blacks coach I hope.

Good luck getting Deans now that his mouths watering over the prospect of finally getting the AB'S top job. Nucifora's a good choice I think, although he did **** about with the Blues last season towards the end.

Money is Nucifora being offered the job. Rumours abound that O'Neill is a big fan of the guy and loves his style of coaching....plus the fact he wants a 'Yes' man on the job.

Nucifora would be ideal for the Wallabies, getting rid of all the dead-woods like Lote, etc..

Out of all the candidates left I think Nucifora is their ONLY option.

The NSW press is trying to build up McKenzie a little but the Tahs are one of the worst teams in the Super 14.

Fisher was a favourite at one stage but after Australia A's demise in the Pacific Nations (despite that mostly being the fault of the Australian selectors) I don't know if he's still got a chance.

I don't think Johnson or Muggleton have the qualifications.

As I said in the other wallabies coach thread, I think It may be time to take a gamble and choose a foreigner - Robbie Deans or Jake White.

Deans is probably out of contention now that he's likely to become the new AB's coach.

I'm unsure about Jake White. I don't know if he's really done enough to qualify.

I do realise he's now coached a team to the world cup final. But so did Eddie Jones.

I do realise he's now coached a team to the world cup final. But so did Eddie Jones.
[/b]
And Brian Ashton, maybe we should try to lure him away? :unsure:

Hopefully we get Deans... Apparently the majority of kiwi's think Henry should stay on as ABs coach (and why shouldn't he?), so it's possible they may break with history and leave him in charge. If so we'll hopefully have Deans.

Hopefully we get Deans... Apparently the majority of kiwi's think Henry should stay on as ABs coach (and why shouldn't he?), so it's possible they may break with history and leave him in charge. If so we'll hopefully have Deans. [/b]
Yeah, I hope so too. I don't understand why so many people are against him becoming coach. I suppose alot of people want to remain patriotic and have an Australian coach and all the rest but as I said earlier, we need to take a gamble.

Anyway, for the people who don't want a foreign coach (even though they may boast an impressive resume) please give reasons for your ideas. It will be interesting to see :)

Please stop this blasphemy.

You should all get behind & support Nucifora's application. He's the right man for the job.

Forget Deans.

Deans has ruled himself out, so hopefully it will be Nucifora.

I don't mind as long as it's NOT any of the current support staff, Alan Jones or Ewen McKenzie.

The Aussies have quite alot of good young players coming through so i think someone like Scott Johnson who is already in the camp would be a good move as he will be able to take the likes of Cooper and Barnes and take them to the next level in development.

The Aussies have quite alot of good young players coming through so i think someone like Scott Johnson who is already in the camp would be a good move as he will be able to take the likes of Cooper and Barnes and take them to the next level in development.
[/b]
You just want a shitty coach in so we can't tap that young talent...I know your game :D

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
You just want a shitty coach in so we can't tap that young talent...I know your game :D
[/b][/quote]

:bleh!:

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
[/b][/quote]

:bleh!:
[/b][/quote]

Ive heard that The aussies want Vickery and Sheridan as their new coaching team. They may even get a game if they are short.

Latest posts