• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

NFL Thread

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2017/aug/18/legacy-stadium-texas-high-school-football-katy

High school in Texas spends $70m on a 12000 capacity stadium, complete with multi tiered stand, video screen and exterior lights which light up in the school's colours. And it's not the only one in Texas to spend such stupid money on football stadia. And Rugby has any chance to make any big impression in the US beyond being a niche sport, when Irongrid is so deep rooted in its grassroots to spend such heinous amounts of money?

Texas is its own thing. Outside of south football isn't doing so well in youth participation.

So far yes but I've only really heard from a couple of guys about it.

Admittedly thats partly my fault for being a bit absent lately

I swear so many Americans are stupid at times.

This whole standing for the anthem thing really does show how mind numbinly ignorant and thick some Americans are esp in regards to history.
Did people really think they would kneel for the UK anthem?
Seen someone say that the British invented race based slavery, not like that was a thing before Britain was created as a nation was it.... Seen loads saying that the british "moved them all" it's like they think the problem is slavery, not the fact that in alot of peoples mind the mindset hasn't changed since those days.

The players have a problem with **** happening now, not with something that the UK nearly 200 years ago.
It's so infuriating tbh. Don't mean to offend @themole25 but my god do you lot get taught anything about world history outside of Vietnam and the WW? or do you just stick to wars america has won and how you peacefully took the land of the Indians?

God i'm annoyed. I mean the british can be thick as **** but at least we are not that level yet.

I swear so many Americans are stupid at times.

This whole standing for the anthem thing really does show how mind numbinly ignorant and thick some Americans are esp in regards to history.
Did people really think they would kneel for the UK anthem?
Seen someone say that the British invented race based slavery, not like that was a thing before Britain was created as a nation was it.... Seen loads saying that the british "moved them all" it's like they think the problem is slavery, not the fact that in alot of peoples mind the mindset hasn't changed since those days.

The players have a problem with **** happening now, not with something that the UK nearly 200 years ago.
It's so infuriating tbh. Don't mean to offend @themole25 but my god do you lot get taught anything about world history outside of Vietnam and the WW? or do you just stick to wars america has won and how you peacefully took the land of the Indians?

God i'm annoyed. I mean the british can be thick as **** but at least we are not that level yet.
Wanna know what Tigs really means look at the bold writing. Tigs is a commie and he defecates on our troops everytime he opens his loud trap. I swear this guy is a joke, he really is. This guy is a hack and I encourage all good patriots like me to boycott his posts. If Tigs had his way he'd be on two knees during our great anthem showing some terrorist the time of his life.
For real though, this is gonna be a bad day for brain cells everywhere if you go anywhere near news publications covering this protest. The comments I've seen so far are something else. Steelers are gonna stay in the locker room, Dolphins have something planned, and there's way more in the works apparently. Baton down the hatches.

Wanna know what Tigs really means look at the bold writing. Tigs is a commie and he defecates on our troops everytime he opens his loud trap. I swear this guy is a joke, he really is. This guy is a hack and I encourage all good patriots like me to boycott his posts. If Tigs had his way he'd be on two knees during our great anthem showing some terrorist the time of his life.
For real though, this is gonna be a bad day for brain cells everywhere if you go anywhere near news publications covering this protest. The comments I've seen so far are something else. Steelers are gonna stay in the locker room, Dolphins have something planned, and there's way more in the works apparently. Baton down the hatches.

The Irish and now Italian supporter calling me a commie lol. Stop being a cuck for once.

4645379.jpg

Can you imagine the reaction if a league tried to play the national anthems before every game in Britain and Ireland.

The Irish and now Italian supporter calling me a commie lol. Stop being a cuck for once.

4645379.jpg

Can you imagine the reaction if a league tried to play the national anthems before every game in Britain and Ireland.
Wanna go downward dog with me for the anthem? I was gonna do it at the high school football game I went to a few weeks ago, but I would have been beaten up apparently. Not about that.

Lol if you think we get taught **** about Vietnam.
American history in school convientently ends right before that.

Lol if you think we get taught **** about Vietnam.
American history in school convientently ends right before that.

I don't know i had to do Vietnam and the cold war for GCSE (16 exams) sooooooo just assumed us did cause it is a big part of their history that era was huge for the way america changed.

Yeah we did Vietnam in our American history too. We went from end of WW2 up to mainly Reagan I think.

I still laugh when i think of Nixon's full name, Millhous(e) lol.

Depression, Vietnam and Cold War (which was focused on US and Soviet union) where the stuff i learnt about the US. Then did a year of USA politics for A levels.

So my friend and have been going over American history we were taught before undergrad.
We skip over all labor disagreements and just get the general understanding that unions are evil.
We acknowledge that our interactions with natives weren't perfect but don't call it the genocide that it was.
Blame Great Depression on the people and not capitalists. Make it seem that investors were everyday people and not just the wealthy.
America saves Europe twice.
Don't touch any history where are parents could say, "that isn't true, I lived it."

So my friend and have been going over American history we were taught before undergrad.
We skip over all labor disagreements and just get the general understanding that unions are evil.
We acknowledge that our interactions with natives weren't perfect but don't call it the genocide that it was.
Blame Great Depression on the people and not capitalists. Make it seem that investors were everyday people and not just the wealthy.
Don't touch any history where are parents could say, "that isn't true, I lived it."

Or arrive at two world wars late and take the credit. I think the Soviet Union have more to do with winning WW2 and Hitler turning eastwards had more to do with it than USA.

TBH for myself we did up to WW2 on British history.

Mind you in the 90's we were still in final throes of Empire and the cold war had just ended. Shame it's pretty interesting stuff. I suppose for kids today it would be like doing the Gulf Wars, Bosnia, Afhan and the war on terror.

Or arrive at two world wars late and take the credit. I think the Soviet Union have more to do with winning WW2 and Hitler turning eastwards had more to do with it than USA.
You do realise I was agreeing with you right?

"Uhhh ya think?" Is an Americanism for that's very obvious

We skip over all labor disagreements and just get the general understanding that unions are evil

Ticks the boxes for me (kidding)

Hah, now that is funny because America was late into both wars, and for the second one, they had to have two of their Naval Stations bombed the fuck out of before they got it!

So no Vietnam, Korea, Civil Rights marches or Woodstock then?

However, I would have thought that it would be a flat out given that American schoolkids would have been taught about the Revolutionary War (The Sugar Act, The Stamp Act, the Ride of Paul Revere, the Boston Tea Party, the Seizure of Fort Ticonderoga etc) as well as Slavery and the Civil War? Hell, we did a half term on the Revolutionary War in fifth-form History.

Ticks the boxes for me (kidding)

Hah, now that is funny because America was late into both wars, and for the second one, they had to have two of their Naval Stations bombed the fuck out of before they got it!

So no Vietnam, Korea, Civil Rights marches or Woodstock then?

However, I would have thought that it would be a flat out given that American schoolkids would have been taught about the Revolutionary War (The Sugar Act, The Stamp Act, the Ride of Paul Revere, the Boston Tea Party, the Seizure of Fort Ticonderoga etc) as well as Slavery and the Civil War? Hell, we did a half term on the Revolutionary War in fifth-form History.

So I didn't go over everything. We did cover revolutionary war and our independence but I don't know if it was as propaganda filled as the rest.
Thankfully I grew up in the north so my civil war education was not "war of northern aggression" education. Now that I live in northern Virginia (pretty much full of northerners) I find it odd when I travel an hour down the road and see that their education is so different.

But yes, Korea, Vietnam, and Woodstock are barley touched upon and they are a given along the lines that you'd expect them to be.

honestly this is just super sad, you probably have a better understanding of american history than 90% of the population here

Last edited:
Honestly this is just super sad, you probably have a better understanding of american history than 90% of the population here

I'm probably not the best example though because I am a history buff, with a keen interest in motives and politics behind the Revolutionary War, the Civil War (I think I have read everything Ken Burns has ever written on that subject), the fall of the Weimar Republic and rise of Nazi Germany and the Holocaust.

Latest posts