• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

NFL Thread

Anyone else watching tonight's games.

Rams done well to get back in to it but can't see them getting ahead.

Can't wait for 2nd game. Patrick vs Tom is goijg to be epic at Arrowhead.

I'll probably watch the second one. Could be game of the year and I'd love to see Brady lose

I'll probably watch the second one. Could be game of the year and I'd love to see Brady lose
Well Rams pulled rabbit out of hat and got very lucky.

Yeah can see Kansas winning but Brady and Bill never go easy especially in playoff football

So I'm going to Superbowl Sunday.

How do we think it'll go?

Hard to see Pats loose 2 on the trot. And I'd love to see Gronk go out with a ring but have loved watching Rams this season and can hopefully they deliver

How'd you wangle that?
I imagine tickets are like gold dust!

I want Rams to win, because I like an underdog and I play as Chargers on Madden so it's the LA connection.

I imagine Patriots will take it though, probably pretty handily.

So I'm going to Superbowl Sunday.

How do we think it'll go?

Hard to see Pats loose 2 on the trot. And I'd love to see Gronk go out with a ring but have loved watching Rams this season and can hopefully they deliver

Fancy hiding me in your luggage?

EZ Pats win. TBH I like BB, TB12 and Gronk you have to admire that mentality.

Anyway i'm planning for my super bowl night, no work Monday!
Super Bowl marks my last proper pig out, and then I cut for summer.

Wanting a deep dish pizza but no one does it near me.
Need to also pick 5 American beers (1 a quarter + half time)
With maybe some cheesecake as desert.

Skittles and Doritos as snacks.

(I've been fasting this week for this so don't judge me....)!!!

Managed to fet a lucky break. So why not see what it like. Lol.

Not sure on an easy Pats win. I reckon SMcV will have a plan and the Rams D was brilliant in conference. The key will be getting to Brady.
Reckon it will be a heavy running game but hard to tell. Heart says Rams although head says Pats and I wouldn't begrudge them.
Agree Tigs the mentality of those 3 are crazy. True winners and as has been said so much in a sport based on everyone being on par what they've achieved is nuts. Brady has more Superbowl appearances than franchises do.

Rams have Suh and another beast (Donald?) at defensive tackle don't they? So they have half a chance defending against the run and this is not a horrible matchup. It is hard to see past the Pats and I do think the Saints were being a bit overrated (so the Rams winning that wasn't gobsmacking to me).

If CJ Anderson and Gurley can pick up 60+ rushing yards in the first half then pick the Rams. I don't think they can do that so...

Patriots 31-17 Rams

Enjoy MM. Hopefully there is no wardrobe malfunction for Gladys Knight!

Rams have Suh and another beast (Donald?) at defensive tackle don't they? So they have half a chance defending against the run and this is not a horrible matchup. It is hard to see past the Pats and I do think the Saints were being a bit overrated (so the Rams winning that wasn't gobsmacking to me).

If CJ Anderson and Gurley can pick up 60+ rushing yards in the first half then pick the Rams. I don't think they can do that so...

Patriots 31-17 Rams

Enjoy MM. Hopefully there is no wardrobe malfunction for Gladys Knight!
Cheers Bruce. Will be an experience and I don't mean the wardrobe malfunction lol.

Don't know abput Saints being overrated. They are a tough game in their place. Hopefully Gurley is 100% as I'm sure ot must've been injury that was behind him being under used in conference final.

Yeah Donald is some defensive player and the heartbeat of the D.

The Pats though are a funny fish. I think Rams are the better football team but just hard to see BB & TB loose after last year.
Brady especially looks really tuned in this post season.
Has potential to be a real fun game though.

I think 37-28 to Pats.

Saw a feature on the Rams recruitment for the last year or so. It's like they're playing fantasy football vs a bunch of 10 yr olds, who've only ever heard of Brady.
That D is crazy good.
I'm hoping for a Ram's victory, but will be happy with any of the other 30 teams that aren't from New England.

Ps. Had to do a full rebuild of pc, and lost my password for these forums. Back now, though :)

I always try and stay awake for this, usually fall asleep somewhere in the second quarter. So as someone who watches about 25 minutes of American football per annum, can anyone give me an idiot's guide?

I know Patriots won quite a few of these. I know Tom Brady's a big deal but has been known to use his underinflated balls to cheat (not sure if on his wife or at the sport?). I know most of the rules and at a very basic level the broad-brush tactics. I know they have an even worse concussion problem than we do because basically anything goes when tackling. I know the halftime show is a big deal although I hate Maroon 5.

I don't know anything about the teams, their playing styles, their journeys to the final, who's the favourite, players to look out for etc etc - what do I need to know to best appreciate what's going on? And, most importantly: who do I support?!

I always try and stay awake for this, usually fall asleep somewhere in the second quarter. So as someone who watches about 25 minutes of American football per annum, can anyone give me an idiot's guide?

I know Patriots won quite a few of these. I know Tom Brady's a big deal but has been known to use his underinflated balls to cheat (not sure if on his wife or at the sport?). I know most of the rules and at a very basic level the broad-brush tactics. I know they have an even worse concussion problem than we do because basically anything goes when tackling. I know the halftime show is a big deal although I hate Maroon 5.

I don't know anything about the teams, their playing styles, their journeys to the final, who's the favourite, players to look out for etc etc - what do I need to know to best appreciate what's going on? And, most importantly: who do I support?!

Have you seen his wife? I doubt it?

Reasons to like the Pats - They have England in their name and they are prob the greatest team in NFL history.
Reasons to like the Rams - 33 year old head coach and Goff is a nice guy

What time is this likely to finish?

I know if I start watching it (11.30 kickoff?) I'll probably stay till the end (if I don't fall asleep during half time) but I don't know if I wanna make that commitment what with work in the morning

What time is this likely to finish?

I know if I start watching it (11.30 kickoff?) I'll probably stay till the end (if I don't fall asleep during half time) but I don't know if I wanna make that commitment what with work in the morning

4 hours long usually so 3:30am

eagles aren't playing so i can't be bothered to watch... for my sanity i really need the rams to win

The Patriots have based their offence this playoffs around controlling time of possession so a heavy focus on the run game and short passing. They don't have a huge amount of big name players as Belichick hates overpaying for players and Brady (aided by a strong offensive line) lets them get away with less superstars on offence and scheme does the same on defence. Michel will probably get most of the carries, White will be a threat coming out of the backfield for passes. Edelman will probably be Brady's favourite target and Gronkowski is an all time great at his position but wear and tear is catching up with him. On defence Flowers, Hightower and Gilmore are probably their most important players but some no name will probably make plays as well.

The Rams have been an offensive juggernaut with (just turned) 33 year old head coach Sean McVay leading the way, which has lead to claims that 3rd year quarterback Goff is a 'system' quarterback but nevertheless he's played very well. Gurley at running back has been the star player in the regular season being a powerful runner and a receiving weapon but played a very limited role in the last round despite apparently being fit. They have loads of receiving weapons with Woods and Cooks being the stars. On defence Donald is their star player and possibly the best player at any position in the league. He's an absolute gamewrecker but the Patriots are great at neutralising star pass rushers. He's partnered in the middle of the defensive line by Suh a big name player who came in as a free agent signing this year. Had a poor by his standards regular season but has turned it on in the playoffs. Other big name acquisitions are at the cornerback position with Peters (who hasn't been great) and Talib having the ability to lock down receivers and create turnovers.

There's loads of great matchups all over whether on the field or in the coaching box but I feel there's a bit of Patriots fatigue set in so it's not as hyped as it normally would be. The last two Superbowls were classics so there's a lot to live up to as well.

Latest posts