• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

NFL Thread

Was the whole thing as bad as everyone's making out (game and half-time show)?
If I could turn back time I would probably choose the extra hours of sleep to be honest. Maybe a dedicated NFL fan would appreciate the tactical defensive battle, but as an extremely casual viewer I'd have liked a bit more attacking excitement.

If I could turn back time I would probably choose the extra hours of sleep to be honest. Maybe a dedicated NFL fan would appreciate the tactical defensive battle, but as an extremely casual viewer I'd have liked a bit more attacking excitement.
Sounds like I made the right choice,
Everything I know of American football is from Madden so I'm only interested in the fancy attacks as well

I had a strong coffee at 1115 to power through, unfortunately it lasted longer than expected, by halftime it hadn't worn off otherwise I probably would've cut my losses and gone to sleep!

The half time act almost had a higher score than the match!

I think it's great for the sport to still have some games where the defence is on top, but this wasn't top flight defences, just ordinary offence, particularly from the Rams. Two key injuries in the Pats D and Goff and his receivers couldn't find much space. McVay can coach for another 40 years and he will never get a better chance than that.

So, yeah, it translates into a fairly ordinary match. Glad I just avoided the score and watched it after work.

Lads if you ever get chance attend this once. It really is a spectacle. Was behind goal and had great view. Edelman is a class act for such a small guy he really is Mr Playoff. Rams lost but their defense was unreal. They were burnt out towards the end but the things you see live tactically that ypu wouldn't see on tv is unreal. It wasn't a classic but great chess like game

Wow the Browns O next season looks crazy. Jarvis L and OBJ as WR with Baker at tge wheel. Hunt and Chubb as RB.

Wow the Browns O next season looks crazy. Jarvis L and OBJ as WR with Baker at tge wheel. Hunt and Chubb as RB.

I think the Browns will make the playoffs this coming season. It's been so long since they have that just making it that far will be a BIG deal in Cleveland. And it wouldn't surprise me if they win a playoff game.

I think the Browns will make the playoffs this coming season. It's been so long since they have that just making it that far will be a BIG deal in Cleveland. And it wouldn't surprise me if they win a playoff game.
Certainly fancy them. Can see them win conference

Browns are absolutely stacked with talent. Very promising QB, incredible set of Wide Receivers in OBJ, Juice and even Calloway, then they have Njoku and a pretty good O-Line. Defense has some big time players as well. They would honestly have to make a considerable effort to suck this year. Dorsey has done a good job but to be fair he inherited a wealth of draft picks and cap room.

Hoping the Raiders can turn it around this year. Picking up Brown (admittedly on a big contract) for a third and a fifth with three first rounders still should prime them for a turnaround but it's tough to know. Reggie was great at managing the cap but 2014 aside was more hit than miss with draft picks. Mayock on paper should be way stronger in that department but then again it was apparently Gruden's intervention to pick Kolton Miller a complete project with our first last year. They need instant starters in the first round this year.

Browns are absolutely stacked with talent. Very promising QB, incredible set of Wide Receivers in OBJ, Juice and even Calloway, then they have Njoku and a pretty good O-Line. Defense has some big time players as well. They would honestly have to make a considerable effort to suck this year. Dorsey has done a good job but to be fair he inherited a wealth of draft picks and cap room.

Hoping the Raiders can turn it around this year. Picking up Brown (admittedly on a big contract) for a third and a fifth with three first rounders still should prime them for a turnaround but it's tough to know. Reggie was great at managing the cap but 2014 aside was more hit than miss with draft picks. Mayock on paper should be way stronger in that department but then again it was apparently Gruden's intervention to pick Kolton Miller a complete project with our first last year. They need instant starters in the first round this year.
Definitely feel a huge shift in momentum for alot of franchises. Giants seem like a very interesting scenario at the moment

I'm not sorry to see OBJ go, but it doesn't feel like we got a great deal in return to me (although I'm no draft expert).

It's not the worst but seems alor of reliance on draft picks and to build a new team around SB

OBJ was a sure thing, compared to a draft pick that could be a failure (hopefully it is a good year for QBs in the draft). But OBJ is a headcase and I could see him in meltdown in a big match if the Browns reached the playoffs. Great to some hope in Cleveland af least.

OBJ was a sure thing, compared to a draft pick that could be a failure (hopefully it is a good year for QBs in the draft). But OBJ is a headcase and I could see him in meltdown in a big match if the Browns reached the playoffs. Great to some hope in Cleveland af least.
Yes but its the cap space freed up. Like to me Collins is the bigger loss for Giants but no mention of him. OBJ is a top WR but as you say has an ego which does not fit with a rebuild project

I barely follow the sport but even I know just how good he is/was.

Always better to see a guy walk away rather than be forced into retirement.

Retired young but as @TRF_Olyy says he walked away on his own terms and most would give anything for half the career this guy had had despite being young. Was as important as TB to alot of success

International program pro day today

Is this like a combine for non college players or like the next step after the combine? Don't think Wade did the combine did he?

From what I gather he could either be picked up as a free agent by any club, today, or given to a random east cost side as an international development guy

Seen Alex Gray is there as well - presume just for morale support, as he's with Falcons isn't he?

International program pro day today

Is this like a combine for non college players or like the next step after the combine? Don't think Wade did the combine did he?

From what I gather he could either be picked up as a free agent by any club, today, or given to a random east cost side as an international development guy

Seen Alex Gray is there as well - presume just for morale support, as he's with Falcons isn't he?

Sort of.
Although it isn't a random team, it's a random division (Last year AFC North this year is AFC East) gets an extra practice spot for international players but they can't play them in the regular season unless they take up a roster spot.

Last edited:

Latest posts