• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

NFL Thread

Bit of an unlikely journey this. Glad he has ended up at a well run franchise with a history of defensive focus. Could make a name for himself if he avoids further injury.

That would be former World Rugby CEO Brett Gosper speaking. I don't consider him a particularly convincing source given his past of talking about US expansion for the Pro14. Maybe if Germany is a success then less traditional NFL markets like Dublin could be explored.

I'm still not clear what the NFL's aim is in Europe. If it's to expand the NFL here then test a few target cities until you find four viable locations for franchises to make up a Conference. Anything short of that and the ambitions around European NFL academy players must be very modest, particularly as the European American football league seems very modest these days.

I'm kind of in a state of shock with the Giants winning in week 1, with Dan Jones at QB (still getting clobbered) and away to a good team like the ***ans. Needed a shanked FG by the ***ans but US Giants fans always welcome those. ;)

I saw an interesting stat today, no team starting out 0-2 has gone on to make the playoffs since they were expanded to 14 teams. Thankfully my Packers beat the Bears tonight and are now 1-1. 🏈 Go Pack Go!

No Pack No!

I still don't think Daniel Jones is the guy for the Giants but that was an outstanding showing. He got clobbered pretty much every snap and started the game injured. But he kept his composure to lead an improbable comeback and the defence fed off it. The sort of effort on a pretty ordinary team that shows sport can be special even if it isn't a cup final between the two best teams.

I've only watched a couple giants snaps but I'm legitimately scared for jones and tyrod. They have to escape the pocket as soon as the ball is snapped.

The NFC and AFC Championship games are set for Sunday, January 29th. 🏈 Winners advance to Super Bowl LVII on Sunday, February 12th.

NFC - San Francisco @ Philadelphia
AFC - Cincinnati @ Kansas City

Last edited:
My favorite NFL QB is Patrick Mahomes. He does things that most QBs only dream about and he seems like a down to earth guy. I'm not a Chiefs fan, but I hope they beat the Bengals and go to Super Bowl LVII. On the NFC side, I'm a Packers fan so it doesn't matter. ;)

Latest posts