Wales
Club or Nation
Barbarians
1970+NFL+Logo.gif

Post all NFL discussion in this thread.

Last edited:
Sam Bradford joins St Louis Rams as top NFL Draft pick

_47698838_009161366-1.jpg

Quarterback Sam Bradford joined the St Louis Rams as top pick as the leading United States college players were selected in the NFL Draft.

Defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh was taken second by Detroit and offensive lineman Gerald McCoy went to Tampa Bay.

Bradford has yet to sign a contract but last year's top pick earned $40 million (£26m) in a long-term deal.

The shock of the first round was the move by Denver to pick Florida quarterback Tim Tebow 25th overall.

Teams select in reverse order of their final standings to promote competitive balance, handing the Rams, who won just one game in 16 last year, first pick.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/other_sports/american_football/8639211.stm

So any predictions for the new season? I like the Chargers to win it all.

Philip Rivers is an elite QB, Ryan Mathews could be a Rookie of the Year contender, Darren Sproles is a great change of pace back, Antonio Gates, Mal Floyd, Patrick Crayton and Vincent Jackson is a terrific receiving corps and the O-Line is always among the leagues best. Add in Ron Rivera as one of the game's best defensive minds in coaching a strong 3-4 D and this is a stacked team approaching their prime.

I think the Chargers will beat Aaron Rodgers' Packers in the Super Bowl.

I watched a couple of preseason games,
I've only just got into NFL over the summer, so don't really know a lot of it, been playing Madden 11 as the Chargers so tthink i'll follow them
I'm interested in seeing how Tim Tebow does at the Broncos, there was such a massive hype about him, will be interesting to see if he can bring his A game to the pro league from college

Tebow has the hype and I think he will live up to it. He was a good college player mind but that sometimes has no bearings on their NFL career.

Chargers will be interesting this season. Vincent Jackson is on a contract holdout with them and has been refused to be traded at his own wish.

My support is firmly behind the 49ers this year. I know they haven't posted a winning season since 2002 but sure that's half the fun. Anyway, Frank Gore is pretty much guarenteed to get over 1000 rushing yards which is a help to any team.

San Francisco 49ers arrive in London

wembley_arch_1015820i.jpg

The San Francisco 49ers have arrived in London ahead of Sunday's clash with the Denver Broncos at Wembley Stadium.

The 49ers have lost six of their seven games so far this year and blew a late lead as they went down 23-20 to Carolina last weekend.

But head coach Mike Singletary believes the trip to London could turn around his team's ailing season.

"For us, it's a nice chance to get away, regroup and rethink. This has come at a great time for us," he said.

"This week gives us a great opportunity to kind of take a step back and smell the roses a bit and put the pieces in the place that we need to.

"It really works to be a bonus for us. It really gives a chance to kind of get away from the hustle and bustle of the NFL, to come over and kind of think through some things, look at maybe some changes we need to make," said the second-year head coach.

The 49ers could have to do without quarterback Alex Smith who had his non-throwing arm in a sling on Monday after being injured in a third-quarter sack in the defeat by Carolina.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/other_sports/american_football/9126726.stm

Is this an exhibition or an actual match? If a match, isn't it a bit harsh on the team that lose a home game that season?

Is this an exhibition or an actual match? If a match, isn't it a bit harsh on the team that lose a home game that season?

Its an actual match like the two before them ... the Giants vs. Dolphins was an exhibition match.

Saints came here two years ago and won the Superbowl, like the Giants did. It has been linked although not in the same season, tend to be the season after it has the effect.

Teams actually enjoy playing over here because of the different atmosphere but also its another stadium to play in. Although if it rains again then it will be a poor game to watch. Id expect the 49ers to win it after the Broncos hiding of a defeat last Sunday ... but you never know in the NFL.

Not saying anything bad about the game itself, think it's a great event
Just that home advantage sometimes has a part to play in matches, and i bet the home fans get a bit miffed :p

Not saying anything bad about the game itself, think it's a great event
Just that home advantage sometimes has a part to play in matches, and i bet the home fans get a bit miffed :p

In previous years the clubs have put on cheap travel packages for the fans and chartered their own flights across!

San Francisco 49ers 24-16 Denver Broncos

409-BRONCOS-49ERS.SFF.embedded.prod_affiliate.84.jpg

A fourth-quarter onslaught by San Francisco gave them a 24-16 win over the Denver Broncos at Wembley Stadium.

A dreary first half saw the 49ers go 3-0 up but Tim Tebow's quarterback sneak gave the Broncos a 7-3 lead.

49ers quarterback Troy Smith came to life in the fourth quarter, running in for a touchdown and completing a 28-yard score to Michael Crabtree.

Frank Gore bundled over the line to extend the lead before Brandon Lloyd's consolation touchdown for the Broncos.

Running back Gore shouldered the burden for the 49ers with 118 yards from 29 carries, while Smith threw 110 of his 196 yards in the exciting final quarter.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/other_sports/american_football/9126726.stm

It's not that popular in Belgium but the main Franchises that get some attention are: Saints, Raiders, Vikings, Packers, Patriots and Indians.

I support the Raiders and that's it.

It's not that popular in Belgium but the main Franchises that get some attention are: Saints, Raiders, Vikings, Packers, Patriots and Indians.

I support the Raiders and that's it.

Indians are MLB :lol:

Raiders has some great history to it, Al Davis, John Madden ... LA ahahaha

I get it, its rugby but far too complicated rules for anybodys liking, players wrapped up & bandaged BEFORE they play, spectators have to play spot the ball, offensive & defensive players tend to be the other team standing on the touch line looking concerned , it'll never catch on here , hopefully .

No, I do not want a NFL shirt for Xmas .

I thankyou .

I get it, its rugby but far too complicated rules for anybodys liking, players wrapped up & bandaged BEFORE they play, spectators have to play spot the ball, offensive & defensive players tend to be the other team standing on the touch line looking concerned , it'll never catch on here , hopefully .

No, I do not want a NFL shirt for Xmas .

I thankyou .

I've actually seen a few games of CFL (Canadian Football, which is similar) since i've been here in Canada, and while I can't get as enthusiastic about it as Rugby, I did find it entertaining and relatively easy to pick the rules up ... it does help that there's so many breaks, so I was able to ask my companions "what was that for" or "what happened there" ...i struggle to do that when explaining the rules to someone who's never seen a rugby game before, as the play has moved on while i'm still explaining :D

Anyone got predictions for the Superbowl this year? I'm liking the Pats if they get over the Jets... Brady looks to be in good form - doesn't need Moss to win!

Packers - Pats,

though that may be because i'm a Packers fan, only got into it this season but starting to really enjoy it.

Latest posts