• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

NHL Thread

There's been very little, you can find news if you know where to look but on the most part all you get is the results on the news-bar of Sky Sports News but thats about it. As I mentioned earlier I've only watched the Philly-Pittsburgh series and the NYR-Ottawa one. It's been ok. The final looks interesting, 2 teams that not many were promoting for a Cup run, as I see it that can only be a good thing, especially for LA doing well in a city where the sport is outshadowed by the other sporting franchises. Plus my brother is a Devils fan so he is happy.

I think LA have that momentum and confidence coming in, only losing twice in the games coming to the final. But New Joisey have Brodeur and he's got more playoff experience than the Kings almost single handedly. I go Kings in 6

What did I do to deserve Sutter hockey?

I thought we got rid of this fool back in 2006 and now he has a job again. How did that happen? Oh ya, rule change, nevermind.

Worst final possible next to Phoenix making it. The NHL has regressed to 2004.

I reckon Kings win it but don't count out a motivated Brodeur. That and the Kings may struggle to contain Parise-Kovalchuk. Who am I kidding, they'll be clutched and grabbed to death before they get to do any damage. Why have dynamic offensive players who change games? Who wants to see that?

I want blocked shots, trapping with the lead, collapsing to the net and a handful of jersey in the neutral zone. Speed and skill? What kind of crap is that?

To put this final in rugby terms:
Instead of New Zealand (Vancouver) vs Australia (Philadelphia) on a nice sunny day, we get Scotland (LA) vs Argentina (New Jersey) on a rainy day with a strong wind and bad reffing.

To anyone saying I'm whining:

I have every right to whine. I was born a hockey fan and know good hockey and bad hockey. This crap being played right now is abysmal. My major griefs come from the fact that the rules changed halfway through the season. Offensive skill teams (Vancouver/Chicago/Philly/Pitts/Detroit) who were set up for a skill game where penalties were called and you couldn't get away with obstruction got screwed over whereas the big body teams, grind it out superstars (NYR/NJ/Nashville/St Louis/Phoenix/LA) get to bore us to death with pre lockout hockey.

Sorry, got a little carried away.

LA up 2-0 already, they have been unbeatable on the road.

Edit 3-0 series lead, great for LA not great for entertainment value though.

Last edited:
They've done it. The LA Kings win the cup. Good for them, especially to win in a city where there are at least 3 more popular teams who don't win. Only lost 4 games throughout the whole playoffs. Is that a record?

No. Edmonton won the Cup with losing just 2 matches back in 1988, sweeping Boston in the final

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk

While it wasn't NHL, I got dragged along to the Deutschland Cup 2012 matches in Munich, saw Switzerland beat Slovakia 3 - 2 and Germany beat Canada 3 - 2. Pretty fun, never seen Ice Hockey before, there was a distinct lack of people punching each other though. Ruined my stereotype of the game :(

While it wasn't NHL, I got dragged along to the Deutschland Cup 2012 matches in Munich, saw Switzerland beat Slovakia 3 - 2 and Germany beat Canada 3 - 2. Pretty fun, never seen Ice Hockey before, there was a distinct lack of people punching each other though. Ruined my stereotype of the game :(

Thats European Hockey, fights are rare, although one or two KHL teams have adopted more aggresive tactics. But since you asked for it!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Trouble is that unlike NHL fights, the European fighters get Game Misconduct penalties rather than 5 minutes

Season is back and underway. I've subbed to Premier Sports (which may be a financial screw up on my behalf) so I can at least see some games. Good start to the year, goals galore in some games. Great opener for the Lightning in battering Washinton 6-3. Go Bolts!

Looking forward to the rest of the year.

The final 2 teams have been determined. The 2012/2013 Stanley Cup final will be between the Boston Bruins and the Chicago Blackhawks. I'm happy as their both East Coast way so the games wont be on too late/early (unless we get 2OT games). Shocked at the stat this is the first Final with 2 of the original 6 in it since '79.

It kicks off Wednesday night, I recommend that if you find somewhere thats showing it, watch it.

NHL rinks are too narrow. Ice Hockey must be played in 60m*30m rinks. And the number of on-ice players should be reduced from 6 to 5, in order to increase goals and reduce draws.

Is there any sport that works for you sige?

Golf? Snooker? Or do the cues need ot be longer?

Is there any sport that works for you sige?

Golf? Snooker? Or do the cues need ot be longer?
We should eliminate the hills and water and **** in golf, big straight lines to the holes.
Also, put someone else on the green. They can compete to see who can score more. Maybe freeze the green with ice. At the same time, make hockey on grass and with only one person.

Apply all these rules to snooker, also implement an offside law. Wait, ****.

We should eliminate the hills and water and **** in golf, big straight lines to the holes.
Also, put someone else on the green. They can compete to see who can score more. Maybe freeze the green with ice. At the same time, make hockey on grass and with only one person.

Apply all these rules to snooker, also implement an offside law. Wait, ****.

A true innovator.

Sige, I genuinely want to know what your opinion on AFL is. Thanks.

I enjoy watching AFL. However, I have some opinions.
1st, all pitches should have same size.
2nd, I do not know why the balls which has touched and entered between 2 goal posts are not recognised as goals, but only behinds.

Latest posts