• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

NHL Thread

I went to the Heritage classic last year in Calgary, Flames v Habs, 4-0 kicking by the Flames on the Habs

It was like nothing else, i have ever been to, manage to sell my spare pair of gloves for 4 beer.

to bump an old disussion

Selanne 41 GP, 41 PTS

Jagr 35 GP, 31 PTS

The Flash is ripping it up @ 41 yrs old on a worse team.

Playoffs underway, really enjoying the Pittsburgh Philly series. Been 2 games of end to end hockey with plenty of goals. Rangers off to a good start too. Only getting East Coast games due to the time difference and I need some sleep.

Loving the Canucks and Sens getting taken to town, my francise should fold though the Leafs are a disgrace of an organization, what a bunch of tools.

Loving the Canucks and Sens getting taken to town, my francise should fold though the Leafs are a disgrace of an organization, what a bunch of tools.

I don't know exactly what's going on there but I follow Greg Brady on twitter and he's always tweeting criticism of the owners

I don't know exactly what's going on there but I follow Greg Brady on twitter and he's always tweeting criticism of the owners

It's been eight years since I saw an NHL playoff game that my team was in and the same owners run two other brutal franchises, the Raptors in the NBA have mostly been a joke except for a brief period in the late 90's early 00's, and Toronto FC have regularly been on the bottom of the table of the MLS. The Maple Leafs are also the least affordable franchise for sports fans in all of North America. They "apologised" to us but didn't lower their ticket prices or cheapen their stupid Leafs TV channel they stick a few games on. Problem is alot of the fanbase are delusional morons who will suck whatever crap product that MLSE(ownership) puts out on the ice.

Cool with the Greg Brady follow, I wake up to him each morning with my alarm because it's set to the FAN590 where he hosts the morning radio show with Jim Lang.

He often does a radio show her called Fighting Talk on 5 Live. Find him very knowledgeable and entertaining

Who saw LA into the Western Final only losing once? You did? Liar

The first round was really exciting but I haven't been into it much since then, I don't really care for any of the teams left. It would be really embarrassing for the league if Pheonix won the cup and only lasted another year or two in that city. I do see LA going to the final at this point, if the Rangers can get there an New York vs. Los Angeles final wouldn't be bad entertainment.

The first round was really exciting but I haven't been into it much since then, I don't really care for any of the teams left. It would be really embarrassing for the league if Pheonix won the cup and only lasted another year or two in that city. I do see LA going to the final at this point, if the Rangers can get there an New York vs. Los Angeles final wouldn't be bad entertainment.

That Philly - Pittsburgh series was amazing. Havnt watched any since then due to the fact I'd only get 2-3 hrs sleep before work. Will deffo watch the finals though.

The East have stronger teams left on paper. Wouldn't a Phoenix cup win help them stay in Arizona?

It definately would at least for the time being, Bettman will dig in even more rather than let it move. Hopefully it will start getting some bums in the seats as well, I think Pheonix had the lowest average attenadance in the league this season.

We are down to the final 4 and my team is still in it! The Rangers managed to beat both the Senators and Capitals in 7 games and are now favorites to win the Stanley Cup. Things are going our way finally. This is the first time in 15 years we reached the conference finals! It's remarkable, considering the fact this is not even our time to shine yet. The plan we had with our GM was to go all the way in 2013. We are ahead on schedule. This summer the Rangers will sign 1 or 2 veterans, one of them being a big free agent-splash.

The conference finals are as follows:

Western Conference:
Phoenix Coyotes (3) vs. Los Angeles Kings (8)

Eastern Conference:
New York Rangers (1) vs. New Jersey Devils (6)

Fun fact: The Rangers faced no. 8, no. 7 and now no. 6 while the Kings faced no. 1, no. 2 and now no. 3 in their conference

I'm hoping for a Rangers-Kings final, the contrasts in cities and the teams regular seasons would provide for an interesting contest.

I hopw LA doesn't make it, if only for the reason that the games on the West Coast will end at something like 5-6am and I get up for work at 7.

I am putting my money on LA to win the cup this year... I was upset the Rangers beat the Caps as I am a huge Ovechkin Fan you can prolly tell from my signature lol

Man oh man, Rangers won 3-0 in the first encounter of the conference finals with the New Jersey Devils! Rangers were all over the place in the 3rd period. It was a long night but definitely worth it!

Some *****ing happened afterwards. Devils-goalie Martin Brodeur said: "Hopefully we'll be able to hurt a few guys getting one-timers in the foot or their head or something."

That's just wrong.

6 days later, and we are getting closer and closer to the Stanley Cup. The Kings were up 3-0 but lost yesterday. Now it's 3-1, with the confrontation going back to Phoenix.

In the other conference finals, the New York Rangers won Game 3, again with 3-0, again with Girardi scoring the gamewinning goal, again with Kreider with the 2-0 and again an empty net goal, this time it was Callahan, not Anisimov.

Tonight at 1 AM (GMT), it's Game 4 in New Jersey!!! Let's Go Rangers!!!!!!

New Jersey Devils vs. Los Angeles Kings final series. What has the consensus from the European Ice Hockey media been? Over here it's been labelled as(with the possible excpetion of 1st round) as one of the worst NHL playoffs ever. I can't remember seeing/hearing my friends talk so little about the playoffs as I have this year, I think the teams that have advanced don't help. I'm sure there will some interest in the final as it is for the cup, but I'm not too intrigued by this matchup.

Latest posts