• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

NHL Thread

on a brighter note, training camps start this weekend.

hopefully all the bad news is done and the rest will be hockey news.

GO FLAMES GO

Looking forward to the new season, but I'm quite content with the RWC at the moment. lol

Cant wait for the season so all this baseball ****** off my espn.

Perhaps with the NBA lockout looking almost certain to go on for some time, the NHL can get some more traction on the American networks. As well Sports dollars don't have as much competition, hopefully meaning better attandances.

The Rangers and Islanders are known for picking up garbage that fell out of Buffalo ... at least the Isles have moved on. :p

interesting read:

I figured it was difficult to be an enforcer, but I never thought about them having depression because of it. Thinking about it though, with all the fighting and pushing through such a long season, it is something that I think we should have looked at long ago.

Dissapointing to hear and yet more negative headlines associated with the game.

Yeah season has started........i can't wait to deal with the frustration brought on by my flames

go flames go

Boston make a big hoopla over the Champions banner then lose. Jagr gets his 1600th career point. Top player, possibly the best Europe has ever produced

Peter Forsberg is the best player Europe has ever produced, just too bad his career was held back by injury.

I created these NHL fatbars long ago when I started working on the rugby sets, but I didn't post them here. Two reasons: 1. This is a rugby forum, and 2: There wasn't much interest in the NHL at the time. I figured with the increased interest and new season I should go ahead and post these up for everyone. I recently updated three teams (Kings, Bolts and Preds) and created one for the Jets.

zwl0rb.jpg

23vwy74.jpg

2zfijvp.jpg

ei49r7.jpg

2mgwkg4.jpg

29c3yd.jpg

mhyoe9.jpg

velugn.jpg

fei1sp.jpg

wtt74g.jpg

vraptl.jpg

21edd2g.jpg

1twsgx.jpg

103zpxd.jpg

1zv3daa.jpg

v58y9v.jpg

mtoxzm.jpg

mc836h.jpg

24jzc.jpg

wuhvg7.jpg

sw5kpc.jpg

2uhbud0.jpg

n2e6gn.jpg

21k9hec.jpg

250qc7p.jpg

dmwk7s.jpg

a439t2.jpg

29zrhhc.jpg

bgry34.jpg

30m711i.jpg

wow wow wow, if you look at the players Selanne played with and who Capt. Mullet played with you would see that The Flash would have put up better numbers. Selanne, was, is amazing.....let's see who puts up more pts this yr. Selanne nhl pts in 2010-2011 season:

GP 73
G 31
A 49

Pts 80.

Mullitude......0

I still say Sweden has produced the best European players in history; Peter Forsberg and Nicklas Lidström. However, the Czech Republic produced the best European net minder in history, the legendary Dominik Hasek. I still can't believe he started with the Hawks, who knows where that could have went!

Well, this season is amazing so far! Rangers are top of the league halfway through (admit, Bruins played 2 games less and are 3 points behind) and last monday we had the Winter Classic! An annual match, played outdoors in a football- or baseball stadium. This year it was in Philadelphia, in the Citizens Bank Park where the Philadelphia Phillies play (Baseball). The opponent, the New York Rangers.

Both teams played in a special kit, especially made for this match and inspired by their first ever kit.

NHL%20Philadelphia%20Flyers%202012%20Winter%20Classic%2028%20Claude%20Giroux%20Jersey.jpg

NHL%20New%20York%20Rangers%2024%20Ryan%20Callahan%202012%20Winter%20Classic%20Hockey%20Jersey.jpg

The match was phenomenal and with a massive number of spectators it was an unforgettable evening for me, despite watching it at home. Rangers won 2-3 after being down 2-0.

Winning goal was by the big free agent splash, Brad Richards:

2012+Bridgestone+NHL+Winter+Classic+New+York+lJs7txy-qXSl.jpg

Latest posts