• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

NHL Thread

The No Icing While Shorthanded rule is awful. This could make powerplays quite dull with too many stoppages like American football.

i want to see the trapaziod gone. I have always hated the "Marty" rule. If you don't like the goalie playing the puck, don't dump it in.

Considering how bunched the east is and the scattered mess in the west, that would be a good idea at this point. If that does happen the league could go back to the names honoring individuals. For instance the two conferences being named Prince of Wales and Clarence Campbell again. I actually liked that. If so, the league could end up looking like this:

Adams division
Boston Bruins
Buffalo Sabres
Montréal Canadiens
New Jersey Devils
New York Islanders
New York Rangers
Ottawa Senators
Toronto Maple Leafs

Patrick division
Carolina Hurricanes
Florida Panthers
Nashville Predators
Philadelphia Flyers
Pittsburgh Penguins
Tampa Bay Lightning
Washington Capitals

Norris division
Chicago Blackhawks
Colorado Avalanche
Columbus Blue Jackets
Dallas Stars
Detroit Red Wings
Minnesota Wild
St. Louis Blues

Smythe division
Anaheim Ducks
Calgary Flames
Edmonton Oilers
Los Angeles Kings
Phoenix Coyotes
San Jose Sharks
Vancouver Canucks
Winnipeg Jets

Looking at it now ... not so sure if I'd like that.

I like the look of this change ... the Oilers could finish 8th instead of 15th :D

I like the look of this change ... the Oilers could finish 8th instead of 15th :D

1pigflygif.gif

Alright my friends, prediction time!

Eastern Conference
01 Pittsburgh Penguins
02 Boston Bruins
03 Washington Capitals
04 Buffalo Sabres
05 Tampa Bay Lightning
06 New York Rangers
07 Philadelphia Flyers
08 Toronto Maple Leafs
09 Carolina Hurricanes
10 New York Islanders
11 New Jersey Devils
12 Montréal Canadiens
13 Winnipeg Jets
14 Florida Panthers
15 Ottawa Senators

Western Conference
01 Vancouver Canucks
02 Los Angeles Kings
03 Chicago Blackhawks
04 Nashville Predators
05 San Jose Sharks
06 Detroit Red Wings
07 Anaheim Ducks
08 Minnesota Wild
09 St. Louis Blues
10 Calgary Flames
11 Columbus Blue Jackets
12 Phoenix Coyotes
13 Edmonton Oilers
14 Colorado Avalanche
15 Dallas Stars

Recently retired player Wade Belak was found dead in his hotel room today, just the latest in whats been a sad summer for the NHL community.

http://toronto.ctv.ca/servlet/an/lo...el-toronto-110831/20110831?hub=TorontoNewHome

I'm not sure if the Leafs are good enough for the playoffs this year although I do think they will be more in the mix I think they will finish 9th or 10th again.

that is very sade. a friend of mine worked for the flames when he was in calgary....she said he was the best guy on the team. Fluery was always calling in "sick" to public functions. she said she could call Wade and he would be there in 15 mins.

she has nothing but good to say about him......sad

that is very sade. a friend of mine worked for the flames when he was in calgary....she said he was the best guy on the team. Fluery was always calling in "sick" to public functions. she said she could call Wade and he would be there in 15 mins.

she has nothing but good to say about him......sad

I heard he was an A+ guy as well, always had time for fans and media, affable and a not afraid to laugh at himself.

It really is a shame....makes you wonder...he was placed on waivers and then retired shortly after......maybe he could not deal with it.....don't like speculating, but I am surprised. All i have heard was that he was a normal guy, no drugs/alcohol issues.......

Perhaps there was an underlying health issue, I remember former Blue Jay and analyst John Cerutti dying suddenly at a young age in his hotel room a few years back due to a heart condition.

Sadly many media outlets are now reporting that Wade Belak's death was due to suicide. Loved ya, when you played with the Leafs Wade, in my thoughts always you warrior...

****, that's aweful, I was hearing it on the radio today driving to work. They replayed parts of the interview they did with him a week ago.....

What surprises me is he had a TV give, I beleive lined up for the Preds.

Another tragedy strikes the Ice Hockey world as a Russian plane carrying KHL club Lokomotiv Yarslavol has crashed killing 43 and critically injuring two others, the roster icludes several former NHL players and some good Russian players. This has been a terrible summer for the hockey world,

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=375297

What a tragedy; Pavol Demitra and Ruslan Salei were among those killed in the plane crash. I don't know much about the staff survivor, but the team's only player to survive has severe burns to 80% of his body. Hopefully he will survive.

What a tragedy; Pavol Demitra and Ruslan Salei were among those killed in the plane crash. I don't know much about the staff survivor, but the team's only player to survive has severe burns to 80% of his body. Hopefully he will survive.

This is absolutely devastating, I just saw footage from the vigil fans and relatives in tears what a heartbreak to the world of Ice Hockey. I wonder if there will be some sort of tribute before the Bears first game at the RWC. One of the worst sports disasters of all time.

Sadly the last surviving player from the KHL crash has succumbed to his injuries, the entire Lokomotiv Yaroslavl team has been wiped out, and the franchise has declared they will take the season off and rebuild for 2012-2013 season.

The surviving crew member is still undergoing treatment in serious condition.

Latest posts