• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Nike Pro

If you're gonna go for any performance underwear, do not - I repeat - do NOT get NikePro. It's **** and I've heard it's rather uncomfortable. If you want something more suited to rugby and less likely to make you look like a ****, get yourself some of this: Canterbury Armourfit. It's also available in white, and you can get short sleeves if you really want. There's also a version that keeps you cool in hot weather if you're planning on using it over the summer too.

EDIT: Yes, just order your normal shirt size. I'm a Small :(

Yeah, Nike pro looks gay. Two people wear and them at school and it makes them look gay.(Or is that the permatan?)

Get CCC Armourfit, cheaper, ruggeder, better looking.

BM

Originally posted by PeeJay@May 27 2006, 08:12 PM
If you're gonna go for any performance underwear, do not - I repeat - do NOT get NikePro. It's **** and I've heard it's rather uncomfortable. If you want something more suited to rugby and less likely to make you look like a ****, get yourself some of this: Canterbury Armourfit. It's also available in white, and you can get short sleeves if you really want. There's also a version that keeps you cool in hot weather if you're planning on using it over the summer too.

Haha Tom, yer tiny. I'm huge, which is why I'm an large/x large.

Yeah but you are a front rower. Seriously though, even a winger can't be a small at 18.

Bm

Meh, I only started playing rugby at age 16/17, so I've hardly trained for bulk.

Originally posted by PeeJay@May 28 2006, 08:12 AM

well, i'm a flank and yet i'm an M kind of person..... :D
S fits me, but i look like those gay ppl...

Originally posted by allblacksfreak+May 30 2006, 01:29 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-PeeJay
@May 28 2006, 08:12 AM

well, i'm a flank and yet i'm an M kind of person..... :D
S fits me, but i look like those gay ppl... [/b]
you look like a catholoic priest?

has anyone actually worn these during games, do they make much difference or are they just a fad like those nasal strip things players wore a few years back

Well I don't about that muscle oscillating **** they go on about, but they keep you warm while being light and not absorbing water. Good for cricket aswell when you are fielding in the cold.

BM

They're good for winter training, but my team's shirts are made of a similar stuff so they do the same job and that means I don't need to wear one in game.

I would say so yes, muscle oscillation is where the muscles contract to reduce heat loss, thus losing energy while contracting. The armour stuff is meant to keep the muscles warmer and thus less energy loss. They work on the same principle of cycling shorts, and those have been used for a long time. So it would seem to be a worthy investment. My CCC stuff cot 25 quid. Which ain't too bad.

BM

Yeah, I have the black longsleeve Hot one I linked to earlier, but I'm rather set on getting a white, shortsleeve Cold one for doing athletics. The muscle oscillation bit is really important in either weather type as it prevents your muscles from losing too much energy to the surroundings in stead of working to make you move faster/harder.

Latest posts