• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Northampton Saints News -Saints and Harding part company

:lol:
[/b]

Good luck to Harding who it has been announced has or is preparing to sign a short-term contract with Ulster. The Mite is right he hasn't been at his best this year BUT he has only played a minimal part. Any player would struggle with form and confidence if he was only playing sporadically. My view on it is to get the best out of a player he needs to be play a few matches back to back and not immediately discard a player after 1 or 2 poor games. Poor man management by the Saints. The one of few positions we have with strength in depth and we don't use any of it.

Sam Harding is not, I repeat NOT Richie McCaw.

He's an above average player who's been shite all season. Once Pat Sanderson signs at the end of the season, even Fox (who's an all round better player) won't have a starting place.

I'd sooner miss Harding then someone like Tupai.

Yawn. I've learnt my lesson. Another teenager who thinks they know everything. Very boring. You've not well received in the other forums but you can keep your playground here boys I won't be back. If you keep throwing your toys though, you'll have no one to talk to.

PS Don't let your lack of rugby success blind the recognition of true talent. Oops you already have. You should write to the aforementioned team coaches and tell them how to do their job. I hear the All Blacks, Barbars, Crusaders etc need geniuses like the two of you.

:cheers:
[/b]
First things first, I don't believe he even played for the Crusaders, from memory he packed up and left before he played a game. Secondly, the only reason he was drafted by the Crusaders in the first place was because the Highlanders didn't even offer him a contract in the first place (i.e he was passed on, so therefore he had to enter the draft), so stop making it out like he was some vital cog in the Crusaders machine.

And he had One cap for the AB's, and that was that, and at the time, John Mitchell was giving caps to Regen King and starting Caleb Ralph against England. Speaking of Caleb Ralph, he has played for both the Crusaders and has multiple All Black caps, does that mean you would go all giddy if the Saints signed him?.

On form he's excelent in attack (just take my word for it). However, he cant tackle for love nor money.

You need a very busy no. 8 to use Harding effectively. Sad to say, but true.

I'll sit and wait for one of the COYSDC old boys network to come and nay say.

Surely if he was given a decent run of games then he would find form like any other player would? As much as I have enjoyed the Fox and Tupai partnership working well. Players need a rest and competition for the spot. Having a system whereby you have a first 15 and play them no matter what apart from injuries and call ups can't be good for the team.

Harding isn't versatile enough to take a place on the Saints bench. He would have had to start at 7 or not be involved at all. And with the form Fox has been in that was never going to happen.

Lewitt can play 6 or 7, while Easter can cover either 6 or 8. Combined with Harding's crappy form, this is why he would never make it onto the bench above these two.

Latest posts