8. Wilson
7. Wood
6. Dowson (capt)
5. Day
4. Sorenson
3. Mujati
2. Sharman
1. Tonga'uiha

Replacements: Long, Dreyer, Mercey, Clark, Easter, Commins, Geraghty, Reihana.

London Irish:
15. D Armitage
14. Ojo
13. Seveali'i
12. Bowden
11. Joseph
10. Lamb
9. Hodgson
8. Hala'ufia
7. S Armitage
6. Roche
5. Casey
4. Kennedy
3. Ion
2. Buckland
1. Dermody (capt)

Replacements: Paice, Corbisiero, Rautenbach, Garvey, Thorpe, Watson, Malone, Allinson.

Not far off a full strength NotNots side and the backs look very dangerous, but their pack is very second rate when compared man-for-man. If Saints can target Lamb and force Malone into the game, that'll leave Irish with an under-strength pack and no rudder for the backs. Then once Reihana and Mercey are introduced I can see Saints taking the game well away from them.

I sport-Gurued Saints by 4, I'm half tempted to wish I'd doubled that margin.*

*Assuming Saints don't implode and play like a bunch of muppets

I sport-Gurued Saints by 4, I'm half tempted to wish I'd doubled that margin.*
Or quadrupled :p (well, more than that, even, with Diggin just in for his second)
Diggin's on fire tonight, wouldn't be surprised to see a Saints back three for England at some point :lol:

Edit: Ouch! That was some hit he took from Hala'ufia! Hopefully it's nothing serious.
How has Jon Clarke never played for England? I know he played for Saxons, but why not the main squad?

Edit numero dos: Reihana is a class act! That tap tackle was quality

Last edited:
**** i nnever considered diggin before because i thought is was a saffer (perhaps because of rugby 08..)

definitely one of the form english wingers atm, johnson should have a look!

Too prone to having an off day, imo,
On form he's top banana, but when he's having a wobbler...
Same can be said about Geraghty too

Shame, because they're both quality players (just not 100% of the time)

That was fun! :D

Pray silence and admiration for Jamie Elliott also, he's definately one for the future.

I just hope that Saints can keep up the momentum. They're looking VERY strong now (even with a virtually 2nd choice team), but then again they won more matches then anyone last season also.

As for Digger - Local lad dun good and in the best form of his life ATM, but let's not pretend he's good enough for international rugby. Thankfully the injury was only a knock and nothing more serious.

Tiny & Mooj only had sprained ankles so should be fine next week also (phew)!

What I like about Saints is they play a very nice attacking game but when they have to they can muscle up and play with physicallity too

How was Soane not picked for Tonga for their matches this EOYT? He's arguably one of/the best player in the Aviva, but is overlooked? (Unless he's taken himself out of contention or soemthing?)

Both of Saints centres should be starting for their respective countries. No idea why they aren't.

Because Ki8dey doesn't pick players [strike]who don't play for Munster[/strike] who aren't based in Ireland while Clarke isn't a current/former Bath player.

England and Ireland can f-off though, we've lost enough players to meaningless internationals thank you very much.

Downey's not as good as D'arcy, Wallace or Fitzgerald. At nearly 30, he doesn't have much upside for future development and he can't play in other positions. He's carved out a very good career for himself after a nomadic start. I'm glad he's doing well for Northampton but doubt he'll ever get an international call up.

Latest posts