• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Northampton Saints v London Irish

<div class='quotemain'>

DEMOLITION TOUR, HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Roll on next season.
[/b]

You won't be so cocky when you get Waterloo away in the cup y'soft southern jessy.
[/b][/quote]

I'd forgotten about being able to play in a proper domestic cup next season. At least we have a trip to Twickenham to look forward to then. :D

Well you never know you could be in HEC next season if the dispute isn't sorted out...

And yet there'd still be 3 of the four semi-finalists being English as a result!!!

<div class='quotemain'>

Roll on next season.
[/b]

You won't be so cocky when you get Waterloo away in the cup y'soft southern jessy.

;)
[/b][/quote]
I thought waterloo were relegated too? How will they face the Saints?

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>

Roll on next season.
[/b]

;)
[/b][/quote]
[/b][/quote]

We could draw them in the cup.

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>

Roll on next season.
[/b]

;)
[/b][/quote]
[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]
Sorry...I don't understand the whole system...what is the cup?

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>

Roll on next season.
[/b]

;)
[/b][/quote]
[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]
[/b][/quote]

We just got relegated from the top league - the Guiness Premiership - which is contested by the top 12 English clubs. Those teams in the GP also compete against the Welsh regions in the <strike>Mickey Mouse</strike> Anglo-Welsh Cup, a seperate competion, as well as the European Cup.

The English sides not in the top flight have a seperate domestic cup which is straight knockout, like football's FA Cup. This cup used to involve all the teams in England, ala the FA Cup, until they set up the A-W Cup for the Premiership teams to compete in instead. Much to the annoyance of most English fans.

Those teams in the GP also compete against the Welsh regions in the <strike>Mickey Mouse</strike> Anglo-Welsh Cup...
[/b]

Hey!
You're pushing you're luck, matey!

[/b]

Rightly or wrongly the top flighters decided not to play games against the lesser teams and so instead they came up with some contrived nonsense of a cup against the professional Welsh outfits.

SB

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WrjwaqZfjIY"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WrjwaqZfjIY" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

It was the RFU and the WRU that decided on the competition as it would provide them a big money spinner, the clubs wanted to remain part of the tournament.

Latest posts