• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Not What I Expected!

well, i've played it for a whole afternoon now. after all the excitement, it's totally not what i expected. there are a few improvements but the gameplay feels funny. who else has played it? i find the defence is a little messy. who knows maybe i just haven't got the hang of it yet. or maybe i just suck at it!

I also didn't expect the game to be like this actually. Hired it out, obviously I haven't got used to the game fully, but it just doesn't seem fun at all yet. Kind of feels slow and clunky to me, but it's still a decent game.

yeh same, i expected the passing and running will be as smooth as rugby 2005, but their not
<

anyhow, im not saying this game is bad, the graphics...MAN THE GRAPHICS!!!!!....its awesome

From what locks and other people have said the passing takes skill and practice to really take advantage of and the game in general is harder to make ground etc.

MOTHER f*** THE GRAPHICS!!!!!!

sheeeeeeeeeeeeet

how many times are they gonna jus pretty things up when they dont just work on the gameplay...the basics
yeh all the fancy stuff will sell but cmon...do these developers go home and sleep on a pretty looking bed that feels like rocks when they sleep on it?...

seriously yo...im not holding my breathe for anything anymore

i played this a while back and first impressions last...its solid enough to hold the best of league fans down

but customers want value on the lastability of there product...
i saw this was gonna be the case coz the core values of a video game is its f***IN GAMEPLAY<read mario and PLEASE fix up times a million for real hungry customers PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

but yup you league fans will feel exactly the same as ya did last year...its cools for a second then the long wait for the following part begins again..

i hope we dont be here like last year and this year next year...
next year i hope we be saying this games the BOMB!!!!!!!..

hows online and multi play boyz?...ive only played singlez against useless A.I

Online is the same as single player.
As I said its basically like RL1 with improvements.
I hate the kicking system its all this slow mo stuff.

i dont post here regularly so i'm sure i'm gonna get flamed for this so i will try and articulate my point as best i can. basically i am a fan of ANY company bringing out ANY sports game so when i hear about something like league getting transformed into our much loved domain then i get very excited. however nothing i saw of this game got me excited. yes its league and no one else is doing it but even something like rugby 2001 for all its flaws still had fluid passing and running animations. everything i see of this game looks so jerky. yes, ea sports have a much bigger budget but look at what Swordfish did with WCR. Awesome lower budget ***le with fluid passing and running. I just dont understand why these guys cant do it - i am not techy enough to know how hard it is but am confused that other companies can produce it but this one cant. i havent played the game yet so i am just going on the videos i have seen including the most recent ones and the stuff you guys are saying here.
i guess i am just confused is all because there was so much hype about this when it really never quite looked 'right'.
my two cents anyway

the big let down has to be not being able to change the controls. unless you have special softwarr you are going to have to somehow edit the rl.dat file to change the controls. overall i think the game is pretty good but is let down by the unconfigurable controls or even a training mode so you can learn the buttons. Due to the controls passing is still very werid and I sometimes pass to the wrong player and have to guess which button to push.

yeah i know what you guys mean, i have just got used to passing and running and stuff and have made some wicked breaks, having trouble getting past the fullback but when i do either by pass or fend man its cool

fends are a bit of a waste of time though as you fend one player off and another one nomatter where they are will catch you and hunt you down.

i enjoy playing it i like the online alot, even though i been playing the same guy over again (like 5 times or something crazy like that)

oh well its wicked
<
and i may be playing this one for a while
<

online play seems to be the way to go I wil have to play tomorrow. Also tomorrow I will start my franchise which seems to be one of the better parts of the game. running and passing is bit werid to start off with but on my second game i started to get some breaks and figured out where to attack.

game is crap seriously.. if ur diehard league fan u might get little enjoyment out of it.. if ur a sports game fan like myself u'll be punchin holes in the wall..

i don't reckon it's CRAP, it's ok.. attacking is pretty cool, how u can do cut out passes and select which player to pass to so u can put them thru a gap. my only 2 major problems with this game is the defence and the passing to the playmaker.
defence is whack coz if u run towards a player and hold down O to tackle them, sumtimes u run backwards AWAY from the player and they get past u without even stepping or fending!!! that always drives me up the wall.
and the passing to the playmaker hardly works coz u have to time pressing L1 & R1 to perfection or else he'll just pass it to the first receiver. and when they playmaker does catch it he isn't even facing forward when he catches it so u have to turn him around to kick the ball but by then the defence is all up in ur face!!!!
rest of the game is pretty cool tho.. oh yea and the winger seem to run on an angle towards the sideline coz they've blown so many tries for my by running out. you'll draw their man in and then u pop it up for the winger but when he catches the ball he's running towards the sideline and he almost always ends up running out!!! surely sum1 shouldn've noticed that and correct it that if ur a winger and ur on the sideline u don't run towards it, u run straight!!!!!
i'd give the game a 8.5/10 for graphics and 5/10 for gameplay...

franchise is awesome being able to buy player and sell them as well. what more could you want and it's over 10 years as well plus there is rep games as well. franchise is what this game is about and will be why it lasts so long. there is also super league franchise as well which you can play. I don't like superleague but it will be fun buying players and creating the ultimate team stacked with kiwis and aussie lol.

Originally posted by Ripper@Dec 12 2005, 06:16 PM
I dont see why people are ******* themselves over the Franchise Mode.
Because it's the only rugby game with a proper one, and not all of us like defecting to boring crap like NFL so we can play Madden
<

well said, all though i have spent many late nighst playing madden on franchise mode
<

Originally posted by sanzar+Dec 12 2005, 10:41 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sanzar @ Dec 12 2005, 10:41 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Ripper
@Dec 12 2005, 06:16 PM
Because it's the only rugby game with a proper one, and not all of us like defecting to boring crap like NFL so we can play Madden
<
. [/b]
Bah ! Ive been playing franchise on RL1 for ages now with good old pen and paper
<

HA HA Ha!! I done that aswell!!! I also did it with rugby 2001, and rugby 2004!!! But Jeez, after a while it was tough to maintain the illusion!

Originally posted by sanzar+Dec 12 2005, 11:41 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sanzar @ Dec 12 2005, 11:41 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Ripper
@Dec 12 2005, 06:16 PM
<
. [/b]
Bwhahaha, Not my fault you lot are easily impressed by below average Franchise Modes.

Latest posts