• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[November Tests 2016 EOYT] England vs. Australia (3/12/2016)

Turns out the people at GnG forum are very sensitive to being told that England were not pushed off their scrum, it was England pushing and Hartley knocked the ball forwards. Such a horrendous opinion is an instant ban :D

Turns out the people at GnG forum are very sensitive to being told that England were not pushed off their scrum, it was England pushing and Hartley knocked the ball forwards. Such a horrendous opinion is an instant ban :D

Ha! Quality. The truth hurts though, and of course you are spot on. Hartley practically dropped kicked it into their back row and they still struggled to get it out.

Just reading back over the posts it's depressing to see how many poor centres England have produced. What went so wrong? Why has it taken all this time to get our centres working again, and why did we have to turn to a 10 to do it?

These are questions that English rugby needs to get clear answers to and make sure the things like Happy and Tindall, or the league one who's name shall not be spoken, never happen again!!!!

I don't like Manu as a 12. Doesn't have the distribution or defence for it. He should play in the position in which he is most destructive and if he isn't good enough there, then don't show horn him in.

He's hardly played there yet to be fair to him - He doesn't look the part just yet but with a little time I think he could be quite something at 12.

- - - Updated - - -

What was wrong with Ellis?

Always thought it was a real shame how Ellis' career was cut short - Don't think he was the finished article (and was never entirely sure he was ready for England when he played - always seemed too slow to the breakdown, which clearly had nothing to do with pace, just reading the game at the highest level) but was getting better all time and had the makings of a top class 9 imho.

Ha! Quality. The truth hurts though, and of course you are spot on. Hartley practically dropped kicked it into their back row and they still struggled to get it out.

Yep, all the while with Barnes talking b*ll*cks about how we'd been mullered in that scrum.

The Green and Gold Rugby Forum is run by parochial halfwits, I got banned because a moderator took exception to my assessment of the Wallabies not having improved this season - he went on a public tirade of abuse against me and I politely pointed out that moderators personally attacking posters who had a different analysis of a team to them was probably poor form. - that got me a lifetime ban!!

When even the moderators are playing the man rather than the argument it doesnt make for any sort of quality discussion.

The Green and Gold Rugby Forum is run by parochial halfwits, I got banned because a moderator took exception to my assessment of the Wallabies not having improved this season - he went on a public tirade of abuse against me and I politely pointed out that moderators personally attacking posters who had a different analysis of a team to them was probably poor form. - that got me a lifetime ban!!

When even the moderators are playing the man rather than the argument it doesnt make for any sort of quality discussion.
Harsh....I'm sure that wasn't the only reason you received a ban. Your posts on GAGR were a tad condescending.

Harsh....I'm sure that wasn't the only reason you received a ban. Your posts on GAGR were a tad condescending.

It was the only reason. There was no interaction until the moderator publicly attacked me, my questioning of his behaviour was the cause of the ban. You can see the posts still as not only do they ban without warning but they dont announce it on the forum and they dont remove posts so it just looks like i stopped posting to anyone else!

Interesting that you perceived my posts as condescending, its not my intention to appear that way. Regardless I dont know of any forum that would consider that to be a reason for moderation, let alone banning!

Anyway, their loss. I am enjoying the fact that this site is not parochial and there are rugby supporters from all countries posting here, it elevates the discussion to a more interesting level.

Fair enough. As you say, their loss......if that was the reason for the ban it's a wonder that it hasn't been extended to others

Oh it has.
There are other refugees for sure.
I can't imagine why anybody bothers to go there.
Its the home of the Aussie redneck.
I gave up even lurking there some time ago.
Quite unbearable.

Last edited:
I read the articles and comments on GAGR. To be fair, it is "Green and Gold Rugby", so it's not exactly false advertising. They do get a lot of trolls going there simply to "start a fight" so it's no surprise people get hit with the ban stick.

I read the articles and comments on GAGR. To be fair, it is "Green and Gold Rugby", so it's not exactly false advertising. They do get a lot of trolls going there simply to "start a fight" so it's no surprise people get hit with the ban stick.

Yep, including Poms who just want to wind up a few Wallaby fans as well I suspect. I read it now and again to get a view point from Down Under. Shame Scott Allen stopped posting as I rated his analysis. Think he moved to another website -Roar? Then stopped altogether when he kept getting trolled.

Yep, including Poms who just want to wind up a few Wallaby fans as well I suspect. I read it now and again to get a view point from Down Under. Shame Scott Allen stopped posting as I rated his analysis. Think he moved to another website -Roar? Then stopped altogether when he kept getting trolled.

Scott Allen's analysis content on both GAGR and The Roar was excellent. He's still around, I believe he is in the coaching group for our Women's XV team.

Scott Allen's analysis content on both GAGR and The Roar was excellent. He's still around, I believe he is in the coaching group for our Women's XV team.

Was he the guy who did some scrum Analysis once on an England V Aussie game? If it was I found it very informative and very unbiased but I don't think it went down very well with some Aussies.

Was he the guy who did some scrum Analysis once on an England V Aussie game? If it was I found it very informative and very unbiased but I don't think it went down very well with some Aussies.

I remember seeing some scrum analysis, can't remember if it was Welsh or Aussie, where the entire thing consisted of saying England were cheating in every single scrum and that whoever the other team was never once infringed. It seems to be the popular thing to say all English front rows cheat more than any others.

I remember seeing some scrum analysis, can't remember if it was Welsh or Aussie, where the entire thing consisted of saying England were cheating in every single scrum and that whoever the other team was never once infringed. It seems to be the popular thing to say all English front rows cheat more than any others.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYas0aXtRzU

Don't think that was Scott Allen I remember him being very fair. Basically saying Mako was following the Australian tight head think it was Ben Alexander) in and that's what made it look like he was boring in. I remember making a comment on G&GR and Matt Rowley took the **** by saying his 9 year understood angles better than me until I showed Scott's video from the Lions tour. It shut him right up.

Scott made the point in his analysis that no front row pushes straight, they all push at different angles, which he showed in his analysis.

Latest posts