• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Now that you have had a taste...

S

Saint N Sinner

...Of the Xbox 360 (if you have)

Do you think the 360 is going to be awsome enough to destroy Sony/Nintendo? (Bit extreme but oh well)

I thoroughly enjoy the 360 especially on live (shame there isn't as many on there aswell asthe xbox but people are still trying to get them)

What do you think?

My fave game atm is PGR3 as haven't had chance to play much else...although Call of Duty 2 isn't too bad either...

It will lose out overall due to the fact the Japanese think it is the work of Satan.

And the big name games like GTA and Grand Turismo will win some consumers for the PS3

yeah, but it wont materialise, they capcom vowed that res evil would be nintendo only, but they realised they cant leave out sony.

their is not doubt in my mind that the ps3 will smash the 360.

Had a go at the 360 the other day aye... it's pretty ordinary really. Graphics on it are nothing that really blow any of the current gen PC games out of the water...

Originally posted by loratadine@Apr 4 2006, 01:06 PM

Nor mine.

The PS3 is going to pwn the XBOX 360.

Originally posted by loratadine@Apr 5 2006, 12:06 AM
what in the same way XBOX smashed the PS2?

Originally posted by sanzar@Apr 4 2006, 12:37 PM
Had a go at the 360 the other day aye... it's pretty ordinary really. Graphics on it are nothing that really blow any of the current gen PC games out of the water...
They do if you haven't got a high end pc with the latest graphics card.

Originally posted by gjohn85+Apr 5 2006, 06:38 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-sanzar
@Apr 4 2006, 12:37 PM
They do if you haven't got a high end pc with the latest graphics card. [/b]
You don't even have to have the latest... a geforce 6600 (about $250 now) has graphics that aren't that far off what I've seen on the XBOX 360. If you have a 7800 though, I'd say it's close to equal to XBOX 360... so it's not exactly a "jump" in graphics.

Either way, I may end up getting a 360... if it goes down to 200 and has exclusive rugby games on it... but other than that I don't see any reason to bother with it.

Originally posted by The TRUTH!!+Apr 5 2006, 01:36 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-loratadine
@Apr 5 2006, 12:06 AM
what in the same way XBOX smashed the PS2? [/b]
XBOX was a superior system, but it had nothing close to the market dominance of the PS2 worldwide... In Japan, which is by far the worlds largest consumers of games, the XBOX had less than 10% of the market! It was behind the GC there and Sony was everywhere...

abox have sold just over 20 m units compare that to the ps2 which has sold over 100 m

yeah i love my 360 - but it needs more games

i suppose this happens to every new console

i am happy with the graphic upgrade - was what i expected

but i aint happy with the games content - the dpeth is lacking

all games are the same size as the ps2/xbox counter parts - the only difference being the AI and the look n sound

the AI is phenomal in GRAW.........but the content would be the same

i wanna see a real next gen game - one with rediculous options, one with redicluous random element

nothing has yet to cap my GTA:SA experience - this is what i am looking for

PGR - i have decided is just utter shite........its great at first but has no playability after u finish it..........why not go online u all will say...........**** that i can play GT4 for 24hrs just to finish a single race.......in 24hrs in PGR ur on the verge of clocking it

I will be getting excited about ruggers/cricket games on x360..........IMO x360 will have Rugby2007 (developers interview from 2006, suggested they are looking at next gen for 2007), but the ps3 wont, coz its barely touched a house by Feb2007

MOTOGP 360 is going to be my next target............a proper racing game with proper racing elements.........PGR is a sunday drive in a fictional world, with showpony vehicles

I hav a gefore 6600, and my pc dosent come close to my 360 visually, not even if i run it from a plain tv without HD cables. For me its like the when the ps2 first game, and ps1 was killed. for me now ps2 and xbox will never be touched again. Oblivion is the main reason, best game ive ever played at this stage. The only dissapointments i really hav are with developers, not the console, its great and the games can only get better at this stage.

I hav no doubt that ps3 will better than the 360, and i will get one aswell if i feel im missing out, hell my original intention was yo get ps3 but im not gonna wait when i can hav heaps of fun on the 360 now.

Also i still ahve about 10 ps2 games which i will never ever play anymore

will trade in those for some good 360 ***le like CoD and Oblivion

although i am resevred to renting these first, coz CoD may never be played after i finish it, and oblivion just isnt my type of scene - magic/potions is a no go zone for me

the thing with ps3 is that its soo far away..........and still very stealth, and will be more expensive

i am going to get one, but i wont have to at release, coz i can sit on my 360 until the ps3 drops in price and gets a smorgasboard of sick ***les

a year under its belt the 360 smorgasboard is heated up, by the time the ps3 joins the party

Originally posted by CeeJay@Apr 5 2006, 11:19 AM
I hav a gefore 6600, and my pc dosent come close to my 360 visually, not even if i run it from a plain tv without HD cables. For me its like the when the ps2 first game, and ps1 was killed.
I've got an MSI geforce 6800GT running on a gig of ram and an AthlonXP3200+ ... which isn't really what you'd call "top of the line", but playing games like FEAR and Quake 4 on it, then going to XBOX360 (at the dpt store) didn't really seem like that big a step to me. The graphics weren't bad, but nothing that really blew me out of the water like the first time I played DOOM 3 on my new PC after ages of playing nothing but PS2 and XBOX... It's certainly not worth forking out $650 for it when it still has jack all games as well.
As my tech mate always says "only fools by first gen hardware"... I'll be getting my next gen consoles when they're nice and cheap and have all the bugs ironed out.

Originally posted by sanzar@Apr 5 2006, 03:12 PM
As my tech mate always says "only fools by first gen hardware"... I'll be getting my next gen consoles when they're nice and cheap and have all the bugs ironed out.
well ur mates a fool <_<

without those 'fools' - there would be no ironed out versions

u need a victim for a remidy

these fools drive the market into 5th gear

so in a sense

we are drivers and those that arent - are passengers :p

run on team, or benchwarmer :p

i assume i'll wont be playing you online until Rugby2012........by then i'll have xbox720, and speed off into the horizon, leaving the passengers eating my dust, and glaring at my rear........or should i just say ASS :p :bleh!:

Latest posts