• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

NRL 2012 - Official Discussion Thread

Good see the Raiders doing okay this season so far. don't watch much NRL but always liked Canberra Raiders for some reason.

Raiders are in the middle pack of the table which is getting pretty clogged up at the moment with a pile of teams at 4-3 and 3-4, they had a big loss this week though. Some real contenders starting to emerge the Broncos and Storm look to be accelerating their lead on top of the table with Sharks up there as well. It will be intersting to see how everyone does coming off the long break with the ANZAC test and City vs. Country coming up.

Raiders are in the middle pack of the table which is getting pretty clogged up at the moment with a pile of teams at 4-3 and 3-4, they had a big loss this week though. Some real contenders starting to emerge the Broncos and Storm look to be accelerating their lead on top of the table with Sharks up there as well. It will be intersting to see how everyone does coming off the long break with the ANZAC test and City vs. Country coming up.

Unfortunately it has just been confirmed that Terry Campese is likely to miss the remainder of the season. There goes their final hopes.

The promise Penrith showed has gone out the door.

Although they lost, the Tigers defended amazingly against the Broncos a couple of weeks ago and their attack stepped up last week to win by 30 points.

Aaaaand it seems ***ans have a greater sense of financial security now that they've sold their Centre of Excellence, but that won't necessarily convert to positive results.

As with every year I've heard people bandy around that this has been the best every year for the NRL. BULLSHIT! The quality of a couple of the games each week is embarrassing. It goes to show that including another team to the NRL will dilute the talent pool even further which really started to show when the Toyota Cup came about and started acting as the "2nd tier" / feeder competition. Too many players who have their best years beyond the age of 20 (the overwhelming majority of players) are being lost to the game because they haven't yet been given a 1st grade contract. This is a discussion for another thread though...

Wow just checked out the Campese injury, ACL again, do you think it's it for him permanently Melon?

Agreed on the games so far Melon, it seems it's been a completely mixed bag of either great games or total duds, a couple of teams at the bottom of the table haven't been at all competitive, what happened to the Panthers two 30-0 losses in a row just dreadful.

The Roosters at 4-3 with a point differential of -62 is also pretty odd second worst PD in the league and they are in the top half of the table LOL.

Random Point: The NRL needs to upload their youtube highlight packages quicker they are a week late most of the time and now they are getting anal on independent users who upload highlights, getting real annoying if I want to post a link on here or share with a friend.

Wow just checked out the Campese injury, ACL again, do you think it's it for him permanently Melon?

For the season, yes, but for his career - I doubt it. He'll be back.

This will be his second knee reconstruction in as many years though so who knows...maybe if it happens again after this then it will be all over, red rover.

Warriors are having a bad season :s

Yeah they have been a massive dissapointment, they could still turn things around since the middle of the table is a huge logjam at the moment. Broncos and Storm look heads and above better than everyone else still at this point. I can't wait for Origin to get going.

Well there we go - Buderus has been ruled out of Origin #1 with Achilles tendinitis.

Will it be Farah or Ennis?

Sorry but Origin is pretty overrated. It's gonna be Queensland unless they stop poaching guys like Inglis or anyone else who aren't truly elgible.

It's still relatively fun to watch, but nowehre near the holy grail that drunken hick-league fans tend to make it out to be. :)

True true, but regardless, it's still better than international Rugby League.

True true, but regardless, it's still better than international Rugby League.
This I agree with.

It'd be even more interesting if they let NSW actually have a fair pick of the players though.

It's pretty much the Kangaroos (QLD) vs Australia C or D (NSW).

Where are you getting the idea that NSW aren't getting their fair pick of players?

Where are you getting the idea that NSW aren't getting their fair pick of players?
Just been reading recently that certain guys (like Inglis I think) are poached so to speak, when not even being from there?

They gave a list of names/examples but I can't be sure.

I could be TOTALLY wrong lol. But if you look at the teams, they are more than lopsided.

Inglis is the only controversial one I can think of, and 1 player doesn't make a team.

I say let the players like him go to QLD. It will make it all the more sweeter when we win! (if we don't whinge about it)

Just been reading recently that certain guys (like Inglis I think) are poached so to speak, when not even being from there?

I could be TOTALLY wrong lol. But if you look at the teams, they are more than lopsided.

I wouldn't say totally wrong. Perhaps - misinformed.

There's nothing like jumping on a band wagon and making a mound out of a mole hill with little facts.

Aaaannyyyway.....

THE EELS! They've sunk to a new low. Their worst start in over 50 years. Leading at one point with 15 completed sets in a row, then they were blown off the park. 46-12!

Among other things at the post match conference, coach Kearney pretty much said some of the players lack the toughness to compete in the NRL. I don't disagree!

Israel Folau (NSW born in Minto) played for QLD
Corbin Sims - younger brother of Tariq Sims (Cowboys) he played for QLD U'20's, whilst Tariq will most likely play for NSW
James Tamou -Born NZ'er playing for NSW.

Historically their maybe a few for both teams but they're not actually poached, they choose to play for State. And as a Kiwi who went too the Eden Park test match, I clapped for Tamou. People have to make choices and stand by them. You can't take away someone's heritage because they chose a side...

Inglis is the only controversial one I can think of, and 1 player doesn't make a team.

I say let the players like him go to QLD. It will make it all the more sweeter when we win! (if we don't whinge about it)

As a Maroon Supporter - I thank you.

7-0 ;)

There's nothing like jumping on a band wagon and making a mound out of a mole hill with little facts.

Aaaannyyyway.....

THE EELS! They've sunk to a new low. Their worst start in over 50 years. Leading at one point with 15 completed sets in a row, then they were blown off the park. 46-12!

Among other things at the post match conference, coach Kearney pretty much said some of the players lack the toughness to compete in the NRL. I don't disagree!

I just watched that game just brutal after the first half hour there was no competive spirit it seemed, they are lucky they have the one win in their column because it might be the only one they get. Where do they go from here? I don't think a coaching change will help that much. The Cowboys had a big win as well Sims with a couple of tries.

Aaaannyyyway.....

Wasn't trying to make a mountain out of a molehill and didn't mean anything by it really.

Not that I was totally backing it with any conviction. If it's untrue then so be it. No need to get like that. :lol:

Wasn't trying to make a mountain out of a molehill and didn't mean anything by it really.

Not that I was totally backing it with any conviction. If it's untrue then so be it. No need to get like that. :lol:

:air_kiss:

Latest posts