• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

NRL 2012 - Official Discussion Thread

Broncos-Sea Eagles was fantastic just watched my tape of it what a finish. I think the Broncos were actually due for a loss though, it seemed like this had trap game written all over it.

Good come back by the Eels but the Raiders just took the win.
Sharks to beat the Storm.

Jerome Ropati out for 8 weeks, knee injury :(

Fishiiahi to replace him.

Jerome Ropati out for 8 weeks, knee injury :(

Fishiiahi to replace him.
Sucks for Ropati, hemust be real frustrated by all these injuries. The Warriors have never had stability at centre.

I like Fisiahi though.

What does everyone think of the Warriors moving to Eden Park?

I tihnk it's better for them. And fans. I for one never went to a live game at Mt. Smart as it was such a pain to get to and out.

At least in the Eden-Kingsland area, there better public transport and more parking options (without fear of your car getting smashed in).

I think it's a good move, altho due to my geographical location I'm not that fortunate to visit home games often ;)

Huge Storm win over the Broncos, in what had been billed as a possible challenge to the Storm.

Mmmm the Storm were all of them like a fat spider, however keep in mind Anthony Griffin rested the likes of Sam Thaiday, Justin Hodges and Petero Civoniceva, all internationals, post Origin.

It was great to see Penrith's forward play against Manly in their 22-4. Manly just seemed to be lazy.

Better by Manly this week against the Dragons though, especially in the final 20. they have been fairly inconsistent this season but have tended to rebound after the really bad losses.

Warriors face the Storm on Sunday, should be one hell of a match

Warriors face the Storm on Sunday, should be one hell of a match

Really looking forward to that one Warriors could use a win big time they are starting to fall behind in that middle pack of teams. Bulldogs vs. Rabbitohs was a fantastic game, back and forth all 80 minutes. Bulldogs moving up in the standings slowly but surely.

I have only managed to watch two games this weekend, that being Raiders vs Tigers and Broncos vs Knights.

Raiders vs Tigers was played in Canberra and that was basically the only positive for the Raiders. David Furner's team has been decimated by injuries and in an attempt to salvage a team worthy of an NRL tag, he made a number of positional changes...to no avail. They played like arse. Enough said. When a glimpse of a chance was seen, it was squandered miserably.

However in saying that, I'm not taking away from the Tiger's win in the least. The Balmain boys looked every bit the professional outfit. Their execution of plays was surgical and go forward was unstoppable.

Benji Marshall steered the ship as well as any play maker at any level has since Darren Lockyer. His kicking game was impeccable and passing spot on. Although I'm an absolute fan of his flashy flick passes and chips, they've slowly faded from his regular game play which has enabled him to mature his overall game which came to the fore in this game.

Whilst there was 12 tries scored is this afternoon's game between the Broncos and Knights, it wasn't all that entertaining.

The Broncos dominated the first 22 minutes of the game with a 24-0 score however Newcastle hit back with 3 unanswered tries bringing the score to 24-18 at half time. Brisbane ended the game with 4 tries in the final 14 minutes which ended their 3 game losing streak, with the final score being 50-24.

Although it was wet, there were too many handling errors from the Broncos and their defence wasn't anything to write home about. They seemed to switch off at times. Newcastle's defence was downright abysmal. Luckily for Brisbane they'll be able to fix these holes however for Newcastle it seems to be a much longer road.

Dogs and Souths last night was a great game. My beloved Bunnies made too many errors though, and the Doggies were good enough to cash in.

Latest posts