Who will be the next US President?

• Barack Obama

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • John McCain

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
A

An Tarbh

Right it's coming down to it and we've had no debate on it here and there's certainly been plenty going on stateside, McCain has proved himself to be an incompetent twit, firstly with his choice of running mate but she's a maverick and a hockey mom who can speak to the common man like Joe six pack, or should that be Joe the Plumber, who's not really a plumber but again someone who McCain seems inspired by to call on time and time again. Give it up John it's not gonna work, he's a fake and pretty soon, or more likely already voters are gonna make the same association with your good self and your mutt from Alaska.

While it might play well with people like Joe Lieberman, voting regularly against your party and then managing to get the presidential nomination, is going to come back and bite you in the ass, Republicans aren't going to vote for a man who doesn't even support his own party on certain issues especially given the possibility of him working with a Republican Congress as he'd like, but again thankfully that doesn't look like happening either. Obama has shown himself to be a loyal democrat so those likely to waver would be more inclined to vote for the Illinois Senator even moreso given they'll be more likely to vote based on the past 8 years.

Where to start with Palin though, she's taken McCain from a strong chance of being elected president to a position where the Democrats could have their biggest victory since Johnson in 1964 on the back of Kennedy's coattails. Brought in to energise the Republican base, all the clueless bint has done to serve is to energise them and millions of others into voting for Obama come election day. It's one thing to be able to laugh at yourself but for her to go on Saturday Night Live was just a terrible mistake as it validated all the criticism that has been labelled at her.

So will it be the landslide that looks on the cards as more and more states come into play like Georgia and Arizona, while Repblican heartlands like North Carolina and West Virginia look increasingly likely to go with Obama or will McCain find some sort of election day miracle and keep the White House for the Republicans?

I hope that Obama wins Mccain is a clone of bush that is working so so so hard to differentiate himself from bushy that it shows and is ultimately fake. Sarah Palin **** where do i start all this folksy crap seems a bit fake and in reality she is just as batshit and reactionary as mccain and bush and the rest of neo-conservative tossers and trying to hide this behind by looking like a simpleton (Like bush i must say except marginally more intelligent).

Anyhoo i hope that Obama wins but i expect no great changes or anything but anything i mean anything would be better than mcfake and palin the redneck.

i hope, and by the looks of it, obama will proberbly win. thank god. hes going to be great for the us, and ultimatly, the planet. its just a pitty theres such a high chance of him getting assastinated. because he will do wonders.

He should be able to do something in his first 18 months as it looks like he'll have a Democratic Congress to do just that, whether he's willing to screw the defecit to try and get something done remains to be seen.

I don't agree that McCain is simply a clone of Bush, he is different but it was always going to be an impossible task for any Republican to distance themselves from Bush and his 8 years but he shot himself in the foot by picking Palin, surely it would have made sense to pick someone from one of the swing states with a strong support base to at least keep it more competitive than some of them have turned out to be.

It also doesn't help when he says that he's going to freeze all spending of the Federal Government yet a minute later he's proposing to build 45 new Nuclear (not pronounced in the George Bush way I'll add) Power plants. Sheer lunacy, as well as his plan to buy up $300 billion worth of mortgages and allow people to stay in their home, sending out the message that's it's grand to be a complete fcukwit when it comes to your mortgage but the Federal government is on the case and has got your back. Well done McCain

Obama, Obama, Obama. He will be a quality president, just what America and this world needs. From what I've seen, McCain is another pupet like Bush. His only campaign so far has been to try and rubbish Obama in the press!

I just dislike the guy, hope enough Americans feel the same. Looks like they do from all the ballets etc.

It'll also be a huge step forward to have the first black president of the United States, though this shouldn't be any reason to vote for/against him, bound to be for some though!

Edit. Forgot to say that it's obvious how bright Obama is. He's answered every question (or insult) from McCain in a polite, direct and intelligent way. McCain just pussy foots his way round questions, not actually answering them like so many other politcians do. Quite frankly, Obama is a breath of fresh air into the stale polotics of polotics.

I hope Obama wins but he should of picked a Black vice president because the whole world knows he isn't going to last that long unfortunately someones gonna assasinate him and than it'll be passed over to Biden. If Obama wins black people will be proud but white people will get angry but if he loses than black people will riot and white people won't give a s#@! so either way it's f$#@!.

For goodness sake there's more chance of Obama making it through a term as president than there is for McCain. Oh he's black so someone is bound to shoot to him. No one had a pop at George Bush and he was a complete fcukwit who took the country into an illegal war and sold the country down the swanny to do so. As for McCain should his cancer come back, there's a 90% mortality rate in that event, so a Palin presidency is a far greater one than a Biden one imo.

If McCain wins from this position it will prove that America is a fundamentally racist country.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gingergenius @ Oct 31 2008, 06:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
If McCain wins from this position it will prove that America is a fundamentally racist country.[/b]

so anyone who votes for McCain is a racist now? If America votes for McCain it will prove they're a fundamentally stupid country.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Oct 31 2008, 06:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gingergenius @ Oct 31 2008, 06:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If McCain wins from this position it will prove that America is a fundamentally racist country.[/b]

so anyone who votes for McCain is a racist now? If America votes for McCain it will prove they're a fundamentally stupid country.
[/b][/quote]

I think GG was talking about the Bradley effect...people saying they'll vote for obama but instead they go for McCain because they can't vote for a black.

True. I don't see why 'black' president is even being used here. Think of how many people who know who are 'black' who are american who are amazingly popular. Why should a 'black' president be any different? Does his skin colour matter?

I couldn't believe an article I read in lepoint that they actually referred to him as the black candidate and when I asked some other staff at work if this was acceptible they looked at me as if I had 10 heads, am I losing something in the translation?

Palin has made McCain almost unelectable. Obama all the way. But the polls still have it as neck and neck don't they?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Oct 31 2008, 07:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Palin has made McCain almost unelectable. Obama all the way. But the polls still have it as neck and neck don't they?[/b]

Yeah it's tightening up but not in the way McCain would have hoped with states like Georgia, Arizona, North and South Dakota and Montana all going from solid McCain to a toss up or only leaning McCain, hard to say though which polls to give any credance to. Obviously the national polls are irrelevant as winning the popular vote doesn't amount to squat as Gore will well testify. Swing states are a lot closer but given the leads Obama has in Ohio, Pensylvania and Virginia he should be alright.

I'll miss most of the election special on Tuesday because I'm in school on Wednesday, which is a shame.

I liked Palin first time I saw her - not a lawyer like Obama, not a beltway insider like McCain or Biden. The idea of someone representing the people, rather than lobbyists, appeals to me. And experience and qualifications are less important than character and integrity. But does she have that? Case not proven!

Obama is impressive, but his notions of change are rubbish. The banks are going to be allowed to continue to fudge their accounts no matter who wins, and we will all be paying a high price for years. It's the only issue that matters, and he's said absolutely nothing about it.

Energy policy will be sorted out by the market - price of oil, anyone? And I couldn't give a flying **** about Afghanistan and Islamism etc. Russian aggression and Chinese ownership of US debt are the big international issues. So we better be sure we can deal with those consequences on a European basis.

Banging on about Obama being assassinated is silly - he actually represents the very people who have the influence to pull the trigger. Big offices, like the presidency, are the opposite of democracy.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Oct 31 2008, 05:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gingergenius @ Oct 31 2008, 06:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

no, what I'm saying is that Obama is so far ahead and has run a far better campaign, that the only reason he could lose is if people decide they can't vote for a mixed race man.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gingergenius @ Nov 1 2008, 04:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Oct 31 2008, 05:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

no, what I'm saying is that Obama is so far ahead and has run a far better campaign, that the only reason he could lose is if people decide they can't vote for a mixed race man.
[/b][/quote]

well then say that instead of the nonsense in your first quote. I understand the theory as well but Obama should be alright given where his numbers are at in the states that count, Obama can afford to lose Florida, certainly makes a change from the last 2 campaigns where it was the be all and end all.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Oct 31 2008, 11:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I'll miss most of the election special on Tuesday because I'm in school on Wednesday, which is a shame.[/b]

I'm in work on Wednesday as well but there's no way I'm missing this but politics is my background so understandable.

Latest posts