• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Official date available

S

Springbok

Okay...The official date of release in SA is now 5/6 March!

Thus...I can't see why Australia, England and New Zealand would get the game any later than this weekend!

Don't worry bout what the websites say!
EA SA recieved their stock today and distribution will begin 2morrow.
Will keep you guys posted if I learn somthing new.

The EA Sports UK Site still says 04/03/2005, but I went into my local Game, (we have two) and they said that they have been given a date of 11/03/2005, so who do I believe.... I will ask in Gamestation in a bit, I know the manager he may sell me a copy early, I will also ask down Chips, to see whether I get any joy from this... Will let you know....., may even ask down PC World, they sometimes release things early...

but I think it should come out on one date then everybody will be happy. A bit like wat they did with Star Wars, release on the same date.

Charlie

Don't know man...like I said...that's wat I was told.
So...i'm gonna have a look this weekend!

Guess it wouldn't hurt having a looksie...kinda frustrating though!

We use TELEPHONES in South Africa to cominicate...
<

I used this TELEPHONIC DEVICE and made a call...it was confirmed that the order arrived.

But who knows? Maybe they just said this to get me off their backs cause I phoned at least 2 times a day!
<

we also use telephones in wales,although the english would prob tell you different. Right im going to ring up ea,what do i do,because i rang them up two years ago for rugby 2004,and there were loads of options and i got confused and it cost like 20 pounds on the phones bill

Originally posted by Springbok@Mar 2 2005, 12:35 PM
Okay...The official date of release in SA is now 5/6 March!

Thus...I can't see why Australia, England and New Zealand would get the game any later than this weekend!
Main reason would be packaging - although the game is the same, the boxes (and manuals?) are country specific - I would imagine its delays in local production of these that may cause difference in dates.

Why do they bother with different covers across the world if this is the result?

Personally I don't care if i have Jason Robinson, Shchalk Berger or Ronald Macdonald on the cover - I just want whats inside the box!!

I think EA Offices are diffirent in our respective Countries.
I just dailed the number I got from our EA website and had a chat to a Shane or somthing. He informed me that the order arrived.

To get to Quin...

I agree mate!
I couldn't care who takes the spot on the cover!!!
It's kinda bad from EA to f*** people around like this! Why don't they just bang the badges of the licenced teams on the cover and have it done???

O'well....whatever bakes their noodles!
<

Originally posted by MightyQuin@Mar 3 2005, 12:55 AM
Personally I don't care if i have Jason Robinson, Shchalk Berger or Ronald Macdonald on the cover - I just want whats inside the box!!
Ah, Ronald MacDonald, a bull of an inside centre, tackled like the crack of doom....

Mind you, he's obviously not a patch on his SH counterpart, Tana BurgerKing!!
<

if the release date is the 11th of march, then why does 99% of the gaming websites online have the release as the 18th?

it would seem the 18th is the date, i hope im wrong, but i fear im not.

if someone could just get through to an ea uk person and ask.

iv tried but cant get through.

I always felt that Colonel Sanders was an excellent wing!!
<

He was finger lickin good!!

I thought the 18th was the date aswell...but i've been lucky to get fantastic info regarding the release.

I'm 100% possitive that the LATEST release will be the 12th! But all indications show a 5th of March release!

Originally posted by Springbok@Mar 3 2005, 01:37 AM
Getting confused now!! 
<
Springbok, as an American, you don't know how happy it makes me to hear you say this.

Stay pure! Avoid fast food.

As for the releases, well, the games made in North America so I don't know why we aren't getting it first? March 8/9th ain't bad, I'm thinking that obviously, countries have different 'release' dates for products and EA want to stagger the release so they can see their sales in each area.

Which doesn't make sense cause they could just look at any given receipt from said area.

Just . . . just give me the game, EA.

Latest posts