• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Oh my God, look at that button!

E

..::ERIC::..

Yes, this may come difficult for some people, but this forum does, and from what I remember pretty much always has had a search button. You see that little button under the wcr banner? Yes, it says search.

Now, it seems that although you may know this, many people obviously don't know how to use it. Well, for starters you may have a question you want answered, such as "why is xbox live not in the game?". Well, you have a few options.

1: Start a new topic and continue to flood the board.

Or,

2: Click on search
3: Under search by keywords, type in "xbox live"
4: Select the rugby 2005 forum
5: Change search posts from to any date
6: I prefer Show results as posts, but experiment and try the first option to see the easiest place to see where you can discuss.
7: Click search

Wow, look at all those results! I'm sure glad I found this topic plus many more where xbox live has been discussed. Oh, and whats this... I reply and don't get flamed for being an agressive newbie who wastes time then has a period over it.

wow whats this..we have someone acting cool and using the word "newbie"..dam nerd..

Thats gotta be the worst insult ever.

Also isnt it kinda ironic that you claim im spamming when your doing the exact thing?

Spam? This is an attempt to cut down on spam! If people just replied to existing topics and didn't start their own every 10minutes this particular forum would be in such chaos.

yep...cause anytime it gets a few new guys posting and interested in a game...head for the hills...it gets crazy
<

Time for you to calm down..all these guys including me will leave shortly...sorry if we didnt use the search button.

Also gotta understand that those threads you wanted us to post in are old..

favre settle down mate. Eric has made a very justifiable point which i have been making in spam threads for yonks! All these, and hes right, 'newbies' coming here - and downright flooding this section... 414 topics in not too long is proof!

They don't only post one topic with one question or query, they post 3 different topics with 1 query in each... now that is what you call, newbie.

Yea i agree but he went out of his way to "mention" me cause i made a thread that was posted a few months back...

I actually never new about that search button. Thanks for bringing it to my attention Eric.

Originally posted by xxfavrexx@Mar 11 2005, 09:33 PM
Time for you to calm down..all these guys including me will leave shortly...
Then why did you bother to become a member? So you could request screenshots?

Listen, all Eric & Co. are saying is that the Rugby 2005 topic is cluttered and you take it as some kind of insult. Dude, chill.

This is by far and away the best global rugby board out there; and it's mainly due to the fact that ususally every/any topic has a modicum of thought or a point behind it.

Originally posted by captainamerica@Mar 12 2005, 06:19 AM
This is by far and away the best global rugby board out there
Wow....C.A if what you are saying is true then we may be legends on rugby speak one day! So.......how do you know? I haven't actually looked around for a rugby board before and only ended up on this one from chasing rugby gaming info.

Great work Eric explaining the "search" button. Like Wally I hadn't even tried it out. After all this time there are still a few things I do not know.

Maybe every new member could automatically get PMed a beginners guide when they join up showing them the ins and outs of posting.

Originally posted by Gay-Guy+Mar 12 2005, 09:13 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gay-Guy @ Mar 12 2005, 09:13 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-captainamerica
@Mar 12 2005, 06:19 AM
This is by far and away the best global rugby board out there
Wow....C.A if what you are saying is true then we may be legends on rugby speak one day! So.......how do you know? I haven't actually looked around for a rugby board before and only ended up on this one from chasing rugby gaming info. [/b]
Be it rugby or rugby gaming - this one is the best.

That there are actual discussions about stuff, and people frown on spam.

Also, as for rugby gaming, where do you think all the exclusives come to?

Edit*
I'd also like to mention another button that people should learn -- the Edit Button for their replies. Let me say this once -- stop replying to your own posts when you get a fit of inspiration to add something. Just edit your original text.

Latest posts