• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Olympic Games Update

Think we'll see a lot of that in coming months,

Lad who won the 100m gold's former nutritionist just got arrested for steroid dealing - he'd never ran a sub 10 before May and ran it three times (and got the gold with a 9.8) in the Olympics

Worse thing if it is confirmed and the 3 others in the relay team lose their silver medal. Bitter pill to swallow after getting pipped to gold.

Worse thing if it is confirmed and the 3 others in the relay team lose their silver medal. Bitter pill to swallow after getting pipped to gold.
Yeah always though in those in teams far more than individual cheating.

There are always a few every Olympics which is really sad.

Yeah always though in those in teams far more than individual cheating.

There are always a few every Olympics which is really sad.
We've got to wait for the results of the B sample, but it's not necessarily intentional cheating. It could be inadvertent through a dodgy supplement or something like that but with strict liability athletes know they have to be uber careful about what goes into their bodies. If he is a cheat he's a bad one, he's been running the same kind of times he's been running for years, there's been no Dwain Chambers style improvement or obvious change in physique.

True but suspect they'd feel a lot worse if they were potentially handing back golds.

True but suspect they'd feel a lot worse if they were potentially handing back golds.

Yep, Like the Jamaican relay team including Bolt had to when Nesta Carter tested positive. Preventing Bolt from claiming clean sweep of 9 Golds from 3 Olympic Games.

Although question announcement timing.

Really enjoying the Paralympics so far

The Last Leg doing nightly recaps is great, too
I've been enjoying it too, especially Wheelchair Rugby. USA beat New Zealand and Canada in pool play. My eyes well up when I watch these men (of all teams) compete. I'm truly amazed at their great attitudes. :) Awesome!

1630018881983.png
1630018835302.png

Last edited:
USA plays Great Britain next. I'll be watching. :) Go USA!

1630018697560.png

Last edited:
Great Britain had a six try lead (a try in wheelchair rugby is one point), but the United States fought back to win the game 50-48. :) Great job USA.

Last edited:
Great Britain had a six try lead (a try in wheelchair rugby is one point), but the United States fought back to win the game 50-48. :) Great job USA!
Yup, after Q1 you guys decided to take it seriously and actually defend at times, and GB just didn't have an answer for that.

Was heading all the way for a draw until GB threw the ball away with 42 seconds to go...

It's the United States vs Great Britain in the Gold medal match. Australia will play Japan for the Bronze medal.

1630176384644.png

Wheelchair Rugby at the Paralympics - Japan best Australia in the Bronze medal match.

1630231693611.png

Great Britain beat the USA in the Gold medal match, 54-49. Congratulations!

1630233114110.png

Last edited:

Latest posts