• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Olympic Games Update

Had to turn him off as he was boring the hell out of me.

Six student-athletes from my alma mater San Jose State University in San Jose, California will be representing five countries in the Summer Olympics. Two for the USA (Track & Field and Judo), and one each for Australia (Softball), Canada (Softball), Mexico (Softball) and Spain (Water Polo). Kudos to them all. :cool:

Last edited:
Well, that explains the **** coverage.
The Americans bought the European rights, and shoved it behind a paywall. BBC only allowed to show 2 events live at any time, aoof you're more interested in such and such a sport - tough ***ties, barring those times when there's a GB contender going, and it's popular enough.

Might have to watch on the computer, and teach it an Aussie accent, or something

The Americans bought the European rights, and shoved it behind a paywall. BBC only allowed to show 2 events live at any time, aoof you're more interested in such and such a sport - tough ***ties, barring those times when there's a GB contender going, and it's popular enough.

Might have to watch on the computer, and teach it an Aussie accent, or something
Did wonder why I was getting a lot of adverts saying Discovery had all the coverage - just presumed that was on top of the BBCs wall-to-wall
Very disappointing

Do know, as well, that the USA came out last in the the opening ceremony because NBC demanded it. Everyone else came out in alphabetical order (according to the Japanese alphabet) but they had to be last

First day is never that great anyway combined with missing the morning/early afternoon due to sleep its not going to be a hard year to watching coverage.

Was a bit frustrating to have a choice of Hockey or Football earlier.

Hopefully these shenanigans will gone in 3 years Paris is going to be great they've wanted it for so long.

Disco+ is only 6.99 for a month so if I get desperate I'll switch and buy it for the Olympics don't like it though...its a slippery slope as F1 discovered.

Wonder if that's to recoup some of the losses they will inevitably make compared to previous years due to covid.

How does the limited broadcast work considering the Olympics is in Category A of the listed sporting events i.e. full live coverage must be offered on free-to-air terrestrial? Or maybe that only applies to the events where a British athlete is taking part?

Real shame that there isn't the usual coverage from the BBC. Going to be annoying not to be able to follow events from start to finish.

Shame, but don't think he was getting past the first round anyway.
Far better chance in the doubles after dispatching 2nd seeds. Even though he's a complete ass I kinda want Djokovic to do the Golden Slam.

Still waiting for Peaty to open the British tally, only thing we have that's probably a sure thing.

The cameras for the replays in taekwondo are crazy!
There must be fighting under a big dome of them or something because it looks like a video game how they can get literally any/every angle, spinning around them 360deg

Latest posts