• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Olympic Games Update

Darts is a sport? I thought it was invented by fat men in a pub who didn't want to play sports.
You have a point! But undeniably skilful requiring lots of practice and I'd rather watch that than a 10 year old in baggy shorts with a back to front baseball cap.....which is how I envisage skateboarding and if it's not like that I don't care cos I still don't think it has a place in the Olympics.

You have a point! But undeniably skilful requiring lots of practice and I'd rather watch that than a 10 year old in baggy shorts with a back to front baseball cap.....which is how I envisage skateboarding and if it's not like that I don't care cos I still don't think it has a place in the Olympics.
Tbh it's more about the olympics trying to stay relevant. As you said, for some sports it clearly is the pinnacle (athletics) but for others it's probably not even in the top 3 (football).

Alarm set for 1.45 to watch the lightweight double sculls tomorrow. Probably the only event I'll be up in the wee hours for. Hoping for the second legitimate Irish gold medal of my lifetime, up the lads!

Don't you count Michelle Smith who won 3 gold at Atlanta in 96?

In the tennis they have cool air blow dryers to cool the players between changeovers.

I see here they count by the total quantity of medals,I usually check in google and there they give "places" by the quantity of golden medals
Agree with @Akker Van Der Tigs though
NA counts medals everywhere else counts golds, then silvers, then bronzes.

The medal table doesn't actually exist according to IOC and is basically a national dick wagging contest.

Still don't understand why Squash is not an Olympic sport.
The IOC are dicks, seriously I love adding of most sports (except Golf) but Squash has gone above and beyond to get included and they still won't allow it in for 'reasons'

Read that the IOC is DMCA'ing anyone who is unoffically post clips from the olympics on social media's

Great way to spread it.....

I see here they count by the total quantity of medals,I usually check in google and there they give "places" by the quantity of golden medals
Agree with @Akker Van Der Tigs though
They have both on the ESPN medal tracker. There's the total medal count on top for the top three countries, and also an all countries button above it where all the countries are listed and you can see what medals they've won and in what events.

Last edited:
The IOC are dicks, seriously I love adding of most sports (except Golf) but Squash has gone above and beyond to get included and they still won't allow it in for 'reasons'
Just out of interest, I presume you're against tennis being in it too?

I'm actually fine with both sports being in but not in their current formats. Golf should be matchplay or a two person team event and Tennis should only be doubles events. I think that way the Olympics would at least be the peak of those formats of either game. (I think anyway, there's never much buzz for doubles the rare occasions when I watch tennis)

Latest posts