• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Olympic Games Update

Shite missed that. V disappointing

Edit: I obviously don't know much about Golf, because I'm too busy talking to babes, but have we a pretty good shot now?
Totally forgot about the golf. Yeah, you'd expect one of McIlroy or Lowry to get a top three from their current positions. Both like a bottle job but not as much as leader Schauffelle while anyone else ahead wouldn't be of the same standard.

Edit: apart from home favourite Matsuyama

Last edited:
No golden slam for Novak. Great come back from Zverev.
That's a shame he's the last of this era of players to potentially do it it could potentially be something we won't see in our lifetimes now by a Male competitor.

Why is the football on again?

That's a shame he's the last of this era of players to potentially do it it could potentially be something we won't see in our lifetimes now by a Male competitor.

It is so hard. Emotional wise to win all 4 slams and the Olympics singles gold. Novak was playing well enough for sure and physically looked fine. But yeh I had a sneaky suspicion he would not win Olympic gold singles only because it's best of 3 sets to the final compared to best of 5 in the slams. Easier to lose in 3 sets.

He can still get another Bronze and is still in the mixed doubles.

Okay this confirms just how CGI the BBC studio is, I'm still fairly certain on close shots they are using photos as opposed to CGI for some elements which is why it breaks the brain.

Really love they've added mixed relays to swimming and track. We've seen it for racket sports for so long and it's naturally sensible idea now they've done it.

Really love they've added mixed relays to swimming and track. We've seen it for racket sports for so long and it's naturally sensible idea now they've done it.
Whereas that controversy for USA was remarkably uncontroversial for me - even live, you could see that she was miles ahead of... everyone else. I don't care if the marking are mildly confusing; if you're starting 15m ahead of everyone else, then you're in the wrong place

Whereas that controversy for USA was remarkably uncontroversial for me - even live, you could see that she was miles ahead of... everyone else. I don't care if the marking are mildly confusing; if you're starting 15m ahead of everyone else, then you're in the wrong place
Yeah I did a track relay a few years back any suggestion you don't know where the markings are is ********. Sure you can make a mistake but everyone else managed fine.

Did anyone else see the mixed 400m relay heat?

Nigeria put their woman on the last leg and lo and behold got run down by the 7 other men. Talk about blowing their tactics and failing to qualify.

Did anyone else see the mixed 400m relay heat?

Nigeria put their woman on the last leg and lo and behold got run down by the 7 other men. Talk about blowing their tactics and failing to qualify.
Yeah I did a track relay a few years back any suggestion you don't know where the markings are is ********. Sure you can make a mistake but everyone else managed fine.
4x400.jpg

Yeh that pic is first leg to second. All put females on the second leg, but for some reason Nigeria put a male on the third leg and female on the last leg. Guess they figured if she was given a healthy lead she wouldn't be run down.

Shame really, but it wasn't close. Doubt for the final any team will be putting their female athletes on the last leg with medals at stake. But otherwise I like the concept of mixed relay.

Wonder if they will do a 4x 100 or 200m mixed relay?

Discussion has to be had about British Rowing performance this year which was pretty awful with just silver and a bronze. Rowing is one of the best funded Olympic sports we have.

People are saying worst performance in 25 years but its worse than that as that 2 medal one of which was gold. We got gold in 84 (so technically higher unless you go by raw count), silver and 2 bronze in 80 if you include the boycott. 76 2 silvers.

So 72 where we got zero medals.
GB finished the Games with two rowing medals, their lowest rowing medal tally at an Olympics since they won two at Atlanta 1996 and the first time they have not won at least one gold since 1980.

It's triathlon mixed relay today. 2 and 2 swim 300, cycle 8k and run 2k

Team GB in a good place for this one

Latest posts