• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Olympic Games Update

Just watching some +78 kg women's judo

Big women I wouldn't want the get on the wrong side of on a dark night

Team GB take another mixed relay gold tonight, this time in the pool whilst the rugby 7s go down to France

View attachment 11854

That's how far off she was, and now they've been reinstated

How she doesn't didn't work out she was in the wrong place I don't know, but guess what they blamed it on officials
Not sure if you saw the highlights show last night but Michael Johnson was talking about it,
Officials didn't point them to their lines, limited time to get on and get set, tons of different lines on the track (you can see the line she thinks is her mark)
It happened in the following race as well, to two competitor's, but they managed to get back to the right place just in time

Right mess!

Windsurfing (board sailing? not sure if that's the official name, or this is a different sport but it's what they keep saying) is a right state atm
Wind is the lowest it can be for it still to go ahead, they're basically rowing themselves through the course, so damn slow

Edit: they just showed the speeds and they're about 2knots atm, which is about 2.3mph

Not sure if you saw the highlights show last night but Michael Johnson was talking about it,
Officials didn't point them to their lines, limited time to get on and get set, tons of different lines on the track (you can see the line she thinks is her mark)
It happened in the following race as well, to two competitor's, but they managed to get back to the right place just in time

Right mess!
I know, I just disagree with him that it's all that complicated. Yes there's limited time to get on and get set - but it's also a full lap, so they've got 40 seconds to do so; and we're talking about professional athletes not knowing where the start line is, and having to be told. Not to mention grown arse adults potentially being grown arse adult, and seeing that literally every other competitor is starting way, way behind them, and not realising that anything is wrong. IIRC Jordan also pointed out the official desperately trying to tell her that she was stood in the wrong place and needed to backup.
Yes, it happened in another round, and the professionals realised and reset (whilst starting in the outer lanes, where there's not supposed to be a competitor in their eyeline) - which kinda proves that a competent athlete can realise where the start line is for themselves.

Can you imagine in rugby "The ref didn't tell me where the half way line was to start the match, so I took the drop kick from the opposition's 10m line - it's not my fault, it's the ref's"

I know the pundits were all on the athlete's side, and I know that my opinion on this is an unpopular one; but I just find it utterly incomprehensible that an experienced professional athlete doesn't know where the start line is without being told.

Golf really heating up. Japan, USA, Ireland x2, GB x2 all in the hunt while I think Colombia and Mexico are more outside contenders.

Come on Lowry and McIlroy. Fleetwood, you can come third.

Loving the speed of the courts in the tennis. Shame US open will be as slow
And high bouncing.

4 Sportspeople withdraw from their events for reasons of mental health (I'm sure there are more, but these ones stand out in my mind).
2 of them are met with the utmost support, and are lauded for their stance. 2 of them are heavily criticised, and met with disbelief and accusations of cowardice.
I look at the pictures of the 4, and I just wonder, is there something about these 4 that could possibly account for the different reactions they received?

227491298_971522666754767_4896720557068956329_n.jpg

Last edited:
4 Sportspeople withdraw from their events for reasons of mental health.
2 of them are met with the utmost support, and are lauded for their stance. 2 of them are heavily criticised, and met with disbelief and accusations of cowardice.
I look at the pictures of the 4, and I just wonder, is there something about these 4 that could possibly account for the different reactions they received?

227491298_971522666754767_4896720557068956329_n.jpg

Aye pretty telling in many ways.

But I will say that I bet zero people from outside the sport even know who Stokes and Marler are though.
Also I have seen just as much support from outside the sports towards Biles and Osaka as I have people giving them ****. So I will say their is still plenty of support for sportsmen and women regarding mental health and too act like their isn't is IMO potentially counter productive to the overall acceptance.

Unfortutely these days everything has just become a battleground on social media usually due to a handful of professional gobshites with a sizeable following speaking into their echo chambers.

Heartbreaking stuff from Dina Asher-Smith tore her hamstring at trials now having to explain it on national TV.
The cameraman zooming in on her face when she turns away was pretty heartless

To run like that, after only two(?) weeks back running after surgery is an incredible achievement in and of itself

Like she said: reasonably short turn around for the Paris Olympics, so plenty to train and aim for

Just watched the tri relay highlights - I randomly caught one on TV a year or two ago and loved it, didn't even realise it was being added to the Olympics until the other day

So happy for Brownlee to get a gold

Caught up on the mixed swim relay as well - as mentioned somewhere above, think the mixed relays are a great addition to the Olympics

Thompson -Herah wins. Bloody fast times. Not congratulated by her team mates straight away..

New Olympic record while already celebrating before crossing the line - some race!

Latest posts