• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ospreys v Munster

Was looking promising in the end. Until the ball came to ROG. And he f***s it all up. Fair f***s to the O's. Munster need to seriously smarten up. if they don't they'll be severely embaressed next week.

That was a nice win for the Ospreys. Soo many injuries, yet beating a very close to full strength Munster side. First half was poor from both sides, but the Ospreys started the second on fire. Munster finished strongly, but had too much to do.

How **** was O'Gara tonight. His kicking from hand was ok, but the rest of his game was shocking.

Should have a couple of injured players back in the next couple of weeks. Adam Jones is expexted very soon which will sort out the O's main weakness at the scrum. Lee Burne is also expected early in the new year, but Owen had a good game tonight.

19-14, final score.

The Ospreys where apaulnig in the first half, but they did their old 'Only play 40 Minutes' thing, and where much, much better in the second half. Biggar, Tiatia and Liam Davis all played very well, and Owen wasn't bad either.

I thought Paul James scored, though. Looked like a try to me, but what do I know?

I hope that ROG falls into the retirement pit soon and we don't see him near a rugby field ever again!Cost Munster 12 points with his up to **** goal kicking.

Aren't there any young promising fly-half's in the Munster squad that is better than this has-been?

Yup was a try for me aswell Dunc, his fingers were still in contact when it touched down. Bad decision from the video ref. Take back what you said about Liam Davies? lol

Edit: Intercept King, one of the other Munster posters pointed out a solution, move Warwick into fly-half, and play someone else at fullback.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (noidsay @ Dec 5 2009, 08:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I also thought it was a try. But i'm not sure about Bowe's though.[/b]

Yup, fair enough :p Didn't really see a camera angle from the other side. It looked like he might have been in touch before the ball was grounded, but there was no/we didn't see a camera angle showing it!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Intercept King JdV @ Dec 5 2009, 08:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I hope that ROG falls into the retirement pit soon and we don't see him near a rugby field ever again!Cost Munster 12 points with his up to **** goal kicking.

Aren't there any young promising fly-half's in the Munster squad that is better than this has-been?[/b]

Paul Warrick, he's in mighty form. Move him up to FH and bring in Felix Jones who is looking like an amazing fullback. Replace JdV with Earls, and bring Dowling on the wing.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Intercept King JdV @ Dec 5 2009, 08:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Aren't there any young promising fly-half's in the Munster squad that is better than this has-been?[/b]
Paul Warwick is ace, but they don't play him at 10 because the IRFU won't let them (I think). To be honest I'm all for dropping him. The national doesn't want a has been who is proven to fold under pressure. We have plenty of other 10 options these days with Sexton, iHumph and Keatley.

In all likelyhood they'll sign young Ian Keatley from Connacht soon enough. He's originally a Leinster boy but we seem to have quite a few other young lads coming through so they're welcome to him.

How about this suggestion for the Munster backline?

15.Felix Jones
14.Doug Howlett
13.Keith Earls
12.Jean de Villiers
11.Ian Dowling
10.Paul Warwick
9.Tomas O'Leary

JDV is and should always be an inside center, if they play him there they can use Mafi as an impact player off the bench, or play Mafi at 12 and use JDV off the bench...?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dullonien @ Dec 5 2009, 08:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Take back what you said about Liam Davies? lol[/b]
Largely. He stil;l had one instance of taking too long to sort people out, though, and two or three poor kicks, but I suppose it happens to everyone. he made more breaks then Phillips would, as well. At least now we've got someone who can take the place of Jamie Nutbrown on the bench.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (feicarsinn @ Dec 5 2009, 08:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Intercept King JdV @ Dec 5 2009, 08:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Paul Warwick is ace, but they don't play him at 10 because the IRFU won't let them (I think). To be honest I'm all for dropping him. The national doesn't want a has been who is proven to fold under pressure. We have plenty of other 10 options these days with Sexton, iHumph and Keatley.

In all likelyhood they'll sign young Ian Keatley from Connacht soon enough. He's originally a Leinster boy but we seem to have quite a few other young lads coming through so they're welcome to him.
[/b][/quote]
I think you're right on both counts.

Warwick is a better option than O'Gara right now. He can't control a game as well as on on form O'Gara but the Cork man is woefully out of form at present. Warwick can spark a back line and is improving as a tactical kicker. He deserves to start.

Keatley to Munster is a good call. He's not going to develop any more at Connacht and a move to Munster where he can pick up good habits off O'Gara (who I think will become a terrific coach) would be of massive benefit to him.

As for Intercept King JdV's question whether Munster have any promising flyhalves, the answer is yes. Andrew Burke could become a good one but he's a few years away from being ready. He's in the same position Jonny Sexton was 3 or 4 years ago in that he has to learn how to manage a game for the good of his team and not force the issue.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Intercept King JdV @ Dec 5 2009, 08:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
How about this suggestion for the Munster backline?

15.Felix Jones
14.Doug Howlett
13.Keith Earls
12.Jean de Villiers
11.Ian Dowling
10.Paul Warwick
9.Tomas O'Leary

JDV is and should always be an inside center, if they play him there they can use Mafi as an impact player off the bench, or play Mafi at 12 and use JDV off the bench...?[/b]
I doubt McGahan has the balls to drop O'Gara and bring in Jones but I agree with all this bar Ian Dowling on the left wing. I think Denis Hurley is showing much better form. Mafi and O'Gara coming off the bench is probably the best course of action at present.

De Villiers is an excellent inside centre but whoever sanctioned his signature when Munster needed a 13, is an idiot. Mafi and DeV clearly isn't working.

Did Keatley sign a one year or two year extension this season? I hope for Munster's sake it was one year.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (feicarsinn @ Dec 5 2009, 08:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Did Keatley sign a one year or two year extension this season? I hope for Munster's sake it was one year.[/b]
One year as far as I know. If Connacht get into the Heineken Cup via the back door (a Leinster, Munster or Ulster win), Keatley would be well advised to stay where he is for another season for the experience of top level club rugby. If not, trying to challenge O'Gara for a year before taking over in 2011 would be a great career move.

Sorry for going off topic. That's a huge win for the Ospreys. Thoroughly deserved too.

O'Gara needs some holidays, f***ing hell. Quinlan is past it, worst performance I have ever seen from Donncha Ryan, Was JdV playing???

Positive thinking, Wian Du Preez played very well, and DOC did his usual trick of having a great game when he doesn't have to do ALL the donkey work. Niall Ronan played well and Hurley made a big difference coming off the bench.

Next Week:

1. Du Preez
2. Flannery
3. Hayes
4. O'Callaghan
5. O'Connell
6. Leamy (If Fit, If not bring in Williams and move Wally to 6)
7. Ronan
8. Wallace

9. O'Leary
10. Warwick
11. Dowling
12. Mafi
13. Earls
14. Hurley
15. Jones

16. Fogarty
17. Buckley
18. O'Driscoll
19. Williams/Coughlan
20. Stringer
21. O'Gara
22. De Villiers

Please! I know we are paying Howlett and JdV lots but they are not performing, so pick the players that are.

I remember reading last year that Cronin, Carr, Keatley and some other less important poeple signed 2 year deals last year.

Andrew Burke is alright. Place kicking is his main problem. But if they'd Bring Scott Deasy through at centre instead of bringing in Saffers we'd have a kicking option at centre and Burke's could concentrate on his match control.

Edit: And Well done to the Ospreys!

Yeah, well done Ospreys, Biggar had a great game, really showed ROG how it should be played apart from the indecision that let Howlett tackle him and win the 5m Scrum. Tommy Bowe was Tommy Bowe, great performance as usual. I did fin myself wanting to attack Hollah on several occasions which I suppose means he played well too, although illegally. Wish we could poach Biggar!

JDV will perform if he plays at 12 and also if he has someone that actually supplies him with quality ball

Latest posts