• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ospreys v Munster

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Intercept King JdV @ Dec 5 2009, 10:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
JDV will perform if he plays at 12 and also if he has someone that actually supplies him with quality ball[/b]

I agree with that guy. Mafi's the problem(ish) and ROG is also.

I'd go.

9. O'Leary
10. Warwick/Rog
11. Dowling/Hurley
12. JDV
13. Earls
14. Hurley/Howlett
15. Jones/Warwick

Was impressed with Biggar aswell. It shows a huge amount from a young 20 year old when he can pick himself up like that after a poor first half performance. Everything he did in that second half was nearly perfect, from that lovely chip over the defense that led to Bowes try, or the massive touch finders he was finding. He really is shaping up well imo. Another year as first chhoice with the O's and he'll be ready to take over from Stephen Jones for Wales imo.

This kinda brings me Hook again. It's looking more and more likely that he's gonna be pushed to centre, but that then blocks Gareth Owen's chances of playing at 12. It's a pitty that both Hook and Biggar are at the Ospreys really. The Blues are still crying out for a quality 10, and the O's have two, possibly three!

Looking ahead to when everyone is fit (forget Henson for the time being), this is the kinda O's team I'd like to see:

01 Paul James (Duncan Jones hasn't recovered atall since returning from injury)
02 Richard Hibbard
03 Adam Jones (back before Christmas)
04 Alun-Wyn Jones
05 Ian Evans (back very soon)
06 Jerry Collins (Jonathan Thomas needs to loose some weight imo)
07 Marty Hollah (giving Ben Lewis some good gametime)
08 Ryan Jones

09 Mike Phillips (back mid Feb)
10 Dan Biggar
11 Shane Williams
12 James Hook (trying Gareth owen at 12 aswell)
13 Tommy Bowe (has done well in the centre)
14 Walker
15 Lee Burne (back early Jan)

Edit: or even:

12 Gareth Owen/Andrew Bishop
13 James Hook
14 Tommy Bowe

I agree about Duncan. Unfortunatly, he's still not back to his best, and he's been back for a good five months now. How long are we going to have to wait?

As for the team, I'm with you as far as the backline in concerned, but I'd like to see Gough/Thomas for Evans in the pack, and Tiatia in there somewhere.

My team for next week, considering that Shane, Phillips, Adam, Byrne and possibly Ryan are out would be more along the lines of

1- Duncan Jones
2- Richard Hibbard
3- Paul James (Played far better at Tighthead for Wales than he ever had at Loose for the Ospreys)
4- Alun Wyn Jones
5- Johnathon Thomas (Evans and Gough are injured)
6- Jerry Collins
7- Marty Holah
8- Filo Tiatia/Ryan Jones

9- Ricky Januarie (Liam Davis isn't HEC-qualified)
10- Dan Biggar
11- Nikki Walker
12- James Hook
13- Andrew Bishop (Possibly the centres the other way around.)
14- Tommy Bowe
15- Barry Davis/Gareth Owen (Owen played well yesterday, and Davis has performed constantly well.)

Not aure about Duncan. He was obliterated in the scums against Munster yesterday. When Paul James came on, the Ospreys started controlling that aspect of the game, shows Craig Mitchell wasn't the problem. He also hasn't been showing up well in the loose either, not sure what's up! There was talk of Adam Jones possibly being fit for this match, but I doubt it will happen. No need to rush him back, as the O's will be too good for Viadanna anyway.

When Ian Evans returns to fitness, possibly before Christman by all accounts, he should be included straight away. Before his injury he was really playing well for both the O's and Wales. He's big, strong and aggressive. No point persisting with Gough imo, not if Evans is fit. I'm also not keen on Jonathan Thomas at lock. He should be good, but somethings not quite right.

Tiatia is only good for a game now and then at his age. He faded badly yesterday in the second half when the tempo was raised.

Anyone else excited to see Ben Lewis back at long last. Hope he starts getting plenty of game time instead of Tandy. As for full back for the next few of games before Burne is back, I'd go with Gareth Owen personally. Barry Davies has been ok, but has also made alot of mistakes in the games I've seen. Owen needs game time in any position at the moment, and he should be rewarded for a good performance yesterday. I'd then try him at 12 with Hook outside him at some point aswell. If it worked, that could be attacking heaven!!!

Just watched the reply on Setanta. O'Gara really f'ed this one up for Munster. They seemed to have all the momentum in the first half yet were unable to turn it into points due to their completely inept 10.

Warwick is needed desperately next week.

this is getting a bit ridiculous,jdv didn't get the ball once in that match! between o'leary and o'gara kicking away everything and mafi running into contact every time he gets the ball devilliers hasn't had a chance to perform. it's actually kinda impressive he's scored two tries for munster considering he's only touched the ball about fifteen or twenty times. He belongs at 12. And i know he already had a chance there but they just used him as a decoy and launched everything out to mafi. I wonder is it the coaches' fault or is it just bad decision making by o'gara...?

You can't use the no ball excuse for JdV and not Mafi. The only time he crashed it up was directly after a lineout, with a long pass from O'Leary, not ROG, (did he pass the ball once?).

If you are going to play JdV/Mafi it woks better with Mafi at 12 it seems, and if you are going to drop one of them on form (not on who is being payed the least) you wouldn't drop Mafi.

Latest posts