• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Paris v Harlequins

Last chance for Paris now.
Need to win the scrum against the head...

PENALTY QUINS!
NO. IT'S REVERSED! :lol:
Game over! :eek: Well played 'Quins!

What a gem that game was...
Still, Paris can only blame themselves with ridiculous mistakes gifting 'Quins the match...

Fair dues to Quins for sticking in there but Paris will be absolutely kicking themselves over losing that match.

An exciting Match
the Quins defended their lead till the end with a massive effort.
Danny Care my personal man of the match.

How good was Quins defensive effort in the 2nd half. Tom Williams deserves some mention for cutting out numerous attacks with ball and all hits. Robshaw,Easter and Skinner were quite ferocious on the deck which the Stade back row couldnt live with.

How good was Quins defensive effort in the 2nd half. Tom Williams deserves some mention for cutting out numerous attacks with ball and all hits. Robshaw,Easter and Skinner were quite ferocious on the deck which the Stade back row couldnt live with.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (danny @ Dec 6 2008, 06:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
How good was Quins defensive effort in the 2nd half. Tom Williams deserves some mention for cutting out numerous attacks with ball and all hits. Robshaw,Easter and Skinner were quite ferocious on the deck which the Stade back row couldnt live with.[/b]

Yeah I was impressed with Williams. Also the Stade back row got pooed on. Great effort from Quins.

That offside under Quins posts at 77 mins was a definite yellow card - professional foul, and Lewis bottled it.

Stade look good - how fast is Parisse! - but they had their chances and fcuked it up.

Still, at least the posts were pink!

I don't remember ever seeing Hernandez play that badly - he can't possibly have been 100% fit?

And I agree about Parisse. The guy is lightning quick, but a little wasted in the second row today I felt. I realise injuries pretty much forced their hand, but Stade definately missed his class at the base of the scrum.

well they had him there for most of the match but they just gifted that match away, talk about an early Christmas present.

I was at the stadium, so I will not be 100% objective. I have the feeling that Stade Français simply pushed the autodestruction button in the first half. This team is known for being solid and clinical, the opposite of Toulouse and their French flair… but they made here the most stupid errors I've ever seen since I'm supporting this team. Hernandez was awful, yes, but he's returning from and injury and he was not that bad after being replaced at fullback… so why he was not starting there ? Camara is talented, but he's so f***ing green and he was clearly targeted. After his shaky first half he did a very nice performance on the wing… Liebenberg was good at fly half too. That could have been better like that since the beginning of the game, but like always it's easier to say that after the game…

Harlequins were very solid in defense and Care/Evans played well, but they were not that great today. With 80% of possession and such dominance in scrum this is insane to lose a game like that. Parisse, Leguizamon and Oelschig looked good, but the rest of the team was too poor.

I think the actual level of Top 14 is very bad. Stade is winning game every weeks but each time they're facing a true high level team, like Toulouse or the Quins, they get a spank. Toulouse is the only French team that can pretend to win the Cup this year IMO.

PS: it's me or Camara has been tackled without the ball on the second try ?

I thought it was more a case of the 2 defenders colliding and making a pigs ear of the whole thing, didn't think there was anything dodgy from Quins in that try.

Ok. ;)

The crowd was very angry after seeing that on the giant screen, but I guess this is an usual bit of french 'mauvaise foi'. I was surprised that the ref did not allow much more penalties to the Stade with their strong domination in scrum and some foul play by the Quins, but after all you can't expect to win an H-Cup game with so many stupid mistakes.

Lewis was woefully inconsistent today but for both sides so he can't really be used as an excuse.

Latest posts