• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

PES 2009

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (stevemagoo @ Oct 3 2008, 09:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Here - Quick question....does anyone know if the 2009 Wii version have the Master League back? I found the champions road a load of toss. Played it for about 2 weeks and haven't since....[/b]

no idea mate I would like to know the answer to that question too. wii version isn't coming out until next year so hopefully they are doing something cool with it to build upon the 2008 version.

PES is still better then the FIFA series to me, simply due to realistic game play. I could care less for online play because I don't have the time or interest for that. With PES you have realistic player and ball movement, while in FIFA they still use the running-on-rails animation, which makes the players look robotic. The game has no flow and the AI is abysmal to me. I have no challenge no matter what the difficulty setting is at. The manager mode was an excellent addition in FIFA 06, but since then nothing has actually been added to it and yet they still charge us full price. The emails with multiple-choice and dozens of other situations are exactly the same as they were from the beginning. It is also way too easy. Very pathetic to be able to take a club from the depths of League 2 and make them Premier League and Champions league champions in four or five seasons.

With PES 2009, the Champions League and Setanta Sports additions are really nice. Plus the improvements on game play and graphical presentation on the stadiums and the players has turned me to go with only one game this season.

Checked out on Eurogamer ans PESFAN there for my Wii answer... - Good news, What was confirmed is the inclusion of Master League, Greater defence control, Better Shooting system and a far more in-depth edit mode..
Lovely..

Yes Bokke give us your opinion on it as opposed to Fifa?

Fifa 09 is a VERY good game indeed but there are a couple of things that I am not happy with. Always wondering if PES 09 will be better....

Is this game good for a rookie soccer game player? I never play any soccer games I think the last one I played was that street one that came out about 3 years ago forgot the name. My nephew plays soccer and he's got an Xbox 360 with the new Fifa but is this PES2009 anygood because I can download the full version but just wondering if it's worth my bandwith and if it is alright I'll put it on his cpu for his bday lol.

if i were you id just jump in at the deep end and start as top player against the computer for a few games its not that hard if your playing with a decent team

this may be a silly question, but how do you change your skin tones in Create a Player??

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cyRil of Ospreylia @ Oct 21 2008, 08:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Got Pro today and I think it's awful. What a let down. Fifa 09 for me.[/b]
Surely not!  How can they do TWO bad years in a row???????????????

I was once pes.....then Fifa out did them...but I am waiting and expecting pes to get the advantage back again...they used to have the edge on fifa....the last thing I thought would happen was for pes09 to be a flop because they made their mistakes in the previous version....PES09 should have the flaws fixed up and be a good game. Fifa were highly unlikely to make a flop straight after Fifa08 had so many flaws so it would be expected that PES would do the same.

One thing though cyRil of Ospreylia that we may have to realise about PES09 is that if it is crap at the beginning it may be a good sign. Fifa09 has too many things that are automatic and thus takes away from the person really playing..therefore afeter a while it starts to look like everything is the same and that there is not much variety in styles. PES09 if it is not that impressive at the beginning may actually therefore be a better game with CREATIVITY.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gay-Guy @ Oct 28 2008, 07:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
One thing though cyRil of Ospreylia that we may have to realise about PES09 is that if it is crap at the beginning it may be a good sign. Fifa09 has too many things that are automatic and thus takes away from the person really playing..therefore afeter a while it starts to look like everything is the same and that there is not much variety in styles. PES09 if it is not that impressive at the beginning may actually therefore be a better game with CREATIVITY.[/b]

You're spot on dude. Been playing pes 09 for a few nights now, and the only bad thing I have to say is that it seems a bit too fast and through-balls seems to get through defences a lot easier.

I put my face into the game last night, but I came out looking like a burn victim. Really bad implementation.

Yup it is not perfect but is not as scripted as the play on Fifa. As usual when ever a PES comes out it takes a bedding in period which as GG syas is not a bad thing at all.

The game is as deep as you can get for a sports ***le but you have to give it time. the more you play the smoother it gets and the better your defending will become. give it at least a month and you will not pick up another footie game for 11 months until the next PES.