• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Pick one player from another country who you'd like to play for yours?

sionepani

Academy Player
Country Flag
New Zealand
Club or Nation
New Zealand
if you had a chance to pick one player, who would it be??

personally i would like to see david pocock play for the all blacks at 6, with mccaw at 7 and read at 8. they would be unstoppable in the breakdowns.

Since we struggle with full backs since Montgomery has retired, I would like Isaia Toeava in the Springbok squad.

McCaw with his special powers included...
I'd take Foden or a 2008 Lee Byrne.

Being English, I'm allowed to select any Kiwi regardless if they've represented New Zealand at some level or not, non?

Being English, I'm allowed to select any Kiwi regardless if they've represented New Zealand at some level or not, non?

:lol: naughty, naughty there Bullitt ... I see what you're doing there :D

... The sarcasm alarms are ringing so loud here that it's deafening :D ... yes, you can have anyone you want, from NZ, or anywhere in the empire for that matter :D - perhaps NZ could have some of the players back after you are finished with them ... they all come back better players don't they :p

... I see this practice is already in effect to some degree, as you English have generously "loaned" Mr Cipriani to the Australians to teach Quade Cooper that new "turnstile tackling technique" :D ... when do you want him back ;)

Seriously though, I think I would probably take James O'Connor, as it would solve the All Blacks Dan Carter backup/replacement issues, and he's good at just about all of the positions in the backline

if you had a chance to pick one player, who would it be??

Johnny Wilkinson.

Hahaha. As if.

I'd like to see a guy like Victor Matfield or Schalk Burger thrown into the All Blacks foward pack to add that bit of mongrel.
Actually, since we're running the risk of entering a World Cup with Andy Ellis I think it'd be more benificial having either Will Genia or Fourie du Preez.

Pick one player from another country who you'd like to play for yours

;)

Ireland need a hooker, second row, scrumhalf and game breaking fullback above other positions. Of those positions, second row is the one in which there's a complete lack of talented players coming though the system. As such, and while not the finished article, I'd love to see Richie Gray play for Ireland. He's going to be a special player.

England really need a good centre who has a bit of dynamism as opposed to shunt-it-up-the-middle. I'd go for Conrad Smith.

Or Sonny Billl... Or Nonu... Or Fruean... Or Payne.

To the kiwis on the forum. Give us some of your backs? You clearly don't need ALL of them.

Johnny Wilkinson.

Hahaha. As if.

laughing.gif

I'd like Sergio Parisse in the Welsh Squad. Something we lack (at the moment anyway) is a potent attacking force at Number 8 and someone who would nail down the position and make it his own. At the moment its a tussle predominantly between Andy Powell and Ryan Jones though I think Toby Faletau is going to be a top player and hold down the number 8 jersey for a long long time for Wales.

Latest posts