• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Poll - Who will win the Rugby World Cup 2019 ?

Who will win the Rugby World Cup 2019 ?

• New Zealand

Votes: 21 32.8%
  • South Africa

Votes: 27 42.2%
  • England

Votes: 6 9.4%
  • Ireland

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Wales

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • Australia

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • France

• Argentina

• Scotland

• Japan

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm still backing some (increasingly blind) optimism, I actually still have a good feeling about this tournament despite a rapidly diminishing amount of evidence to support that.

New Zealand or Springboks - Leaning towards the Boks, but the ABs are.....well, the ABs.

This poll will close on Nov 27, 2019 at 8:53 AM
It could easily be any of the top 5... But New Zealand are still the team to beat.

It's a dice roll... 6 or 1 = New Zealand, 5 England, 4 South Africa, 3 Ireland, 2 Wales.
I rolled a 3. I want to change my answer to Ireland now!
Wales are still the team with the most under-rated chance. (which is why I picked them in 2017, even if that post wasn't entirely serious)

Last edited:
I went for the Springboks. New Zealand feel vulnerable right now, and the Boks are heading into the tournament with great momentum. I'm actually hoping that Ireland end up against the All Blacks in the quarter finals, which I also suspect is what will happen. I think we'll just about manage to top our group, and South Africa will top theirs.

I do think that England and Wales both have strong shots too. I'm less and less confident that Ireland can go far in the tournament, but I'd say both Ireland and Australia have an outside shot. I don't see anyone else going all the way.

The kiwis have only just got out of second gear in their last match. They're vulnerable but still the best team imo.

Gone with Wales, as I guess I just must be a bit superstitious and that i'd be 'sending' out the wrong message into the universe... :rolleyes: if I didn't.

Last edited:
I'm happy that SA will at least be competitive, but my vote is with the All Blacks to win.

If I could split vote I would I think its relatively open. My bias persuaded me to go SA but I have it:

NZ 28%
SA 25%
Eng 16%
Wal 13%
Ire 10%
Aus 5%
France 1%
Scotland 1%
Argentina 1%
I don't give the rest a chance.

Im going with my heart and saying England. We are hitting form at the right time, beat a strong wales team with an experimental team and our first team put a beating on a close to first team ireland side. We are looking very powerful. Plus our depth is good in most positions. And if Slade comes back it just adds another dimention as his partnershipwith manu worked well. Although im worried if manu gets injured it will hinder our attack alot as we lose that decoy that takes 2 defenders to stop.

SA arguable ahead of us at this moment but its close IMO and while away from their best you cannot rule out the ABs.

Ireland and Wales have both been beaten quite comfortably in this series with a strong team out. It could be rust. Both will make the quarters and push hard for the semis but that is it IMO, depth could also play a huge part for them.

Might be wrong but a got to dream.

Ireland and Wales have both been beaten quite comfortably in this series with a strong team out. It could be rust. Both will make the quarters and push hard for the semis but that is it IMO, depth could also play a huge part for them.
I think it's mad to come to that conclusion based on two games. Especially when both coaches have a history of starting seasons/tournaments/series slowly and winning big by the end of them.

I think it's mad to come to that conclusion based on two games. Especially when both coaches have a history of starting seasons/tournaments/series slowly and winning big by the end of them.
Particularly when England have form for blowing the doors off people early in their run of games and dropping off somewhat by the end ;).

Particularly when England have form for blowing the doors off people early in their run of games and dropping off somewhat by the end ;).
Shhhh... If they realise that and stop parading around the gaff after every win before even winning a trophy they might realise their potential!

(This is mostly a joke but I reckon it's something that has been holding England, and Ulster too, back for years. Saturday is probably removed enough from Japan that it's ok though)

best changes likely ENG, Boks & NZ
I can understand the boks being many peoples fav's but I'm confident the AB's still hold an advantage. The last game a pretty experimental AB's side controlled the majority of the game and it was only a draw after a genuine final minute "Hail Mary"
I think this new AB side with some form injected into it is going to be a mystery package for teams from the north. Going to be interesting, shame we wont hit any top 6 nations till the finals.

Question for anyone who picked SA, are you saying that they're favourites to beat New Zealand on neutral ground? If I was having a bet, I'd rather have my money on SA given the odds (although I think they've shortened significantly since I first looked), but as I think that NZ are favourites in a head to head and as they're in the same pool, I've got to say that NZ are favourites.

Question for anyone who picked SA, are you saying that they're favourites to beat New Zealand on neutral ground? If I was having a bet, I'd rather have my money on SA given the odds (although I think they've shortened significantly since I first looked), but as I think that NZ are favourites in a head to head and as they're in the same pool, I've got to say that NZ are favourites.
Yeah, it's a weird one - I've picked SA to win but I'd have New Zealand as favourites going into any game, in any stadium, in the world.
SA are most likely to cause an upset, though.

TBH the more I think about it, the more I think NZ will win - South Africa are the only side who are in a place to beat them ATM, I think (obviously Aus just did, but I wouldn't bet on them to do it again any time soon).
SA vs NZ final is essentially a coin flip.

Latest posts