• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Potential citings for Quarterfinals

You can't do justice yourself on the pitch, this is it.

If its not being delivered by the officials or off the pitch by the authorities, then why not?

Unless you expect the misdemeanours to continue to go unpunished?

Teams rarely cite other teams especially when those teams play regularly. The citing was always going to come from the commissioner, not France. They have until 7am to cite SO'B. The IRFU don't have to announce it before then though. As far as I can tell usually as much of the time is used by the commissioner before citing.

SO'B should definitely be cited but there is previous with acts such as this not being cited including SO'B throwing another punch against Toulouse.

According to Murray Kinsella the low entry point is 2 weeks with the mid entry point being 5 weeks.

Presuming the low entry point, I'd say he'll end up with a one week ban due to a guilty plea and as far as I can remember him having a clean record.

If he lines up vs Argentina we'll be very lucky.

I've just seen a different angle of the Pocock incident. Just as bad as O'Brien, he is very lucky. Retrospective yellow card is all Pocock got? Brace yourselves for some outrage so if Seanie gets the same.

So Jonny Gray and Ross Ford have been cited for dangerous tackles and lifting tackles respectively. Anyone have any videos of the incidents or did anyone see the incidents?

Balls. Really can't see an argument giving him a different punishment to Pocock.

Just seen the punch and have to say what a joke. Cannot believe we are going down this road, first with Tuilagi on a 5 week ban and now SOB for giving someone a bit of biff for holding on to him. Suppose the hand wringers and the terminally upset armchair fans will all be screaming for a "lengthy ban" while those of us who played the game for years can only shake our heads at the stupidity of it all.

If its not being delivered by the officials or off the pitch by the authorities, then why not?

Unless you expect the misdemeanours to continue to go unpunished?

If you do not read my post do not answer.

Helding back players is happening every minutes on a rugby pitch, in ruck zones, behind the back of the referee, it is part of this game.

Doing justice yourself is forbidden, strictly forbidden ..which is a valid principle.

I have said on the match subject that I consider that Pape deserves several punch for the whole thuggeries he could have done in his career, in France he is known as a sneaky and sometimes dirty player. But this is irrelevant here : a Player has punched another player, whatever the reason, he must be punished, the rule must be applied as it does not look really provoked. And I hope he will be strongly punished.

Like I hoped that Pape would get strongly punished for his knee in the back of Heaslip.

Let's be straight lads. He deserves a ban BUT it is no more than a week or 2 that's deserves.

Not that I believe in conspiracy theories but two Scotland players cited by the independent observer watching the Scotland v Samoa game and may now miss the quarter final against Australia. A starter for ten, where is the independent observer from? (A) Australia or (b) Australia?

Latest posts