• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Powergen Cup

L

loratadine

well a brill result for the dragons today - in taming the lions 24 - 15, im looking forward to more action,over the weekend.

i cant wait for the blues vs london irish - itll be jonahs debut.

that match aint till december the third - but thats when its expected hell make his debut.

Originally posted by loratadine@Oct 1 2005, 09:59 AM
well a brill result for the dragons today - in taming the lions 24 - 15, im looking forward to more action,over the weekend.
Calm down - not many clubs are taking it that seriously this side of the border .

Well done to the Dragons though, great result for them.

well thats because theres no pride in england, its not to do with whats up for grabs it the fact its wales vs england.

Originally posted by loratadine@Oct 1 2005, 10:20 AM
well thats because theres no pride in england, its not to do with whats up for grabs it the fact its wales vs england.
No, it's not. Don't talk about what you don't know about.

The league is much more important than the now de-valued Cup, which has lost it's sense of meaning due to the RFU, to the clubs who are facing relegation and the ones at the top challenging for honours.

However, for the Welsh clubs, it is a chance to play outside the CL and actually win something - let's face it, the Dragons won't win many come HC time. There is also no relegation in the CL along with less fixtures, meaning there is more at stake for them.

So don't just talk s**t about English teams having no pride, it's all bull.

Originally posted by loratadine@Sep 30 2005, 10:59 PM
Don't think Leicester Tigers will be too fussed about this result. They're flying high in the league, and judging by the team they put out yesterday, they really couldn't care less about the Powergen this season.

well shame on them - for this competition to work we need to aristocratic english teams to field there stongest sides, the welsh english rivalry should be incentive enough.

Yep it was a great match, glad i went! Atmosphere was great! By the way the dragons didn't have their full strength team out either.

-We didn't have Cooper
-Or Charteris
-Or Brew
-3rd/4th choice Hooker

So don't tell me about not having a full strength team.

Bring on Northhampton!

Edit: By the way Saints_Fan I was wondering who you would be supporting? Surely it must be a good result for you for us to beat Leicester?

You guys in Wales got the match on tele last night yeah? If you live outside Wales though, they only show one game a week-end of the PC, but on the BBC website they are showing a few extra for nothing to watch. I caught the last ten minutes of the game last night (s**t conditions btw) just in case anyone is interested.

Originally posted by SmokeyMonkey@Oct 1 2005, 09:44 PM
I went to the game!
Yeah I was just telling the guys who don't have BBC Wales in case they wanted to see some more rugby.

Are you a Dragons fan Smokey Monkey? Nice night out then yesterday eh?
<

Even though i live in Cardiff and go to a school full of Blues supporters I've been supporting Newport all my life (which isn't very long im only 14) and the Dragons too, and that was probably one of the best games i've been to!

Originally posted by SmokeyMonkey@Oct 1 2005, 09:53 PM
Even though i live in Cardiff and go to a school full of Blues supporters I've been supporting Newport all my life (which isn't very long im only 14) and the Dragons too, and that was porbably one of the best games i've been to!
Yeah, I love it when you go to watch your team play and they win and play well - it is an amazing feeling, although still not as good as playing, it is as near as you can get to it!

Yep, I'm hoping to go to Northampton and my Dad has a good chance of getting tickets for the 3 big Autumn Internationals
<

Originally posted by loratadine@Oct 1 2005, 09:31 AM
well shame on them - for this competition to work we need to aristocratic english teams to field there stongest sides, the welsh english rivalry should be incentive enough.
It's turned into a complete joke of a competition, you can't blame the big sides for playing under strength teams with the number of matches they have to play in a season.

Originally posted by SmokeyMonkey@Oct 1 2005, 10:23 AM
Bring on Northampton!

Edit: By the way Saints_Fan I was wondering who you would be supporting? Surely it must be a good result for you for us to beat Leicester?
Nice to see Leicester get beaten, but I'd rather see them getting stuffed in the league any day.

Judging by the team we're putting out against Worcester, seems like Budge actually wants to progress in the competition. Should be a good game when you lot come to us.

Long as we win of course.
<

well the welsh clubs are proven good worth - good on the blues - but we wont talk bout the result at kingsholm

Originally posted by loratadine@Oct 1 2005, 10:35 PM
but we wont talk bout the result at kingsholm
That was a ridiculously dull match. Gloucester looked like they would have a good afternoon, scoring with the first attack of the match, but they never really kept the tempo going despite being on top in the forwards. I would have liked to see Simpson-Daniel line up against Shane Williams, would have made a good contest.

Originally posted by SaintsFan_Webby@Oct 2 2005, 10:23 PM
I would have liked to see Simpson-Daniel line up against Shane Williams, would have made a good contest.
An over-rated giomp who can only sidestep to the left Vs. An over-rated gimp who can only sidestep to the right.

Sounds bloody brilliant...
<

I was very pleased with Bristol's reserves result against Bath.

This competition is nearly as bad an idea as play-offs at the end of the season - completely unfair on the division 1 clubs, adds to the fixture list for most clubs and the whole knock-out idea being practically thrown out the window.

Latest posts